Shad Khan criticizes the Bills game day experience??? WTF???

Beerball

Come on man getting there at 8am cracking a beer as soon as you get up is what makes the gameday at the Ralph so special. If they do build a new stadium, there is no doubt in mind that it will be downtown by the waterfront. Tailgating as we know it will never be the same.

Yep, it will be the end of tailgating as we know it. Price of parking will go up. The crime factor will increase. Traffic jams.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He owns the Jags ferchrissakes and he's bragging about his game day experience in Jacksonville? Doesn't the NFL understand that there are two ingredients and only two ingredients necessary for an outstanding game day experience. They are a team and real, committed football fans. If you're going to a game to see the huge video boards or watch whales swim in the sideline pool then you aren't a fan.

Does Buffalo need a new stadium? Meh. The Ralph for its age has never bothered me one iota & I feel it's a great place to watch a football game. If a new stadium is built I'm OK with that too because everybody wants something new and shiny, but it's not a must have for me.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/a-new-bills-stadium-seen-as-important-20141007?two-bills-drive

Tarps are the new tailgate

I'm certain these opinions are not actually those of Khan's but rather that of the the League's agenda to increase revenue. There will continue to be a public face of League-wide consensus on the stadium issue until one is actually planned and built. It's a foregone conclusion that it will happen anyway.

He owns the Jags ferchrissakes and he's bragging about his game day experience in Jacksonville? Doesn't the NFL understand that there are two ingredients and only two ingredients necessary for an outstanding game day experience. They are a team and real, committed football fans. If you're going to a game to see the huge video boards or watch whales swim in the sideline pool then you aren't a fan.

Does Buffalo need a new stadium? Meh. The Ralph for its age has never bothered me one iota & I feel it's a great place to watch a football game. If a new stadium is built I'm OK with that too because everybody wants something new and shiny, but it's not a must have for me.

http://www.buffalone...two-bills-drive

Went to a Bills game in Jacksonville Bills fans seriously outnumbered jags fans it was like a home game, jags fans were even saying this is like a home game for Buffalo. Aren't they covering seats in Jacksonville so it doesn't look so bad on tv.

Game day experience : puke, drunks,violence and ..... OH did I say drunks. I will watch at home .

There is nothing like the NFL game day experience in RWS! Being in a stadium with almost 80k delirious fans from a great win. The tailgating, the comradery from fans & friends around where you sit.

It helps to have season tickets, and sit in an area with mostly other season ticket holders as they tend to be more family oriented. Try sitting in different areas around the stadium from game to game to find great seats.

I don't know, they look to be a year or two behind us talent wise, and they DO have their QB of the future.

don't make a mountain out of my mole hill. I didn't "crown" him. My other point was I don't think the Jags are as bad as people think. They have good starters.... Just no bench. One injury can derail a game for them.

I'm not making anything out of anything. You asserted that Jacksonville HAS found their "QB of the future." IMO, that's a premature declaration based upon 2 games. We can argue semantics, but essentially, you did "crown him."

As I stated in a previous post, I do like what I'm seeing out of Bortles. Quarterback of the future? We'll have to wait and see on that one.

“We played in Buffalo last year, and I got to experience the stadium firsthand,” Khan said. “Just like anything else, to bring the fans, they need a different venue. And they will, I am sure, address it at the right time. You’ve got to have a competitive game-day experience."

Said the guy whose team has had less fans attend games than Buffalo for 4 out of the past 5 years. And the one year that JAX had better attendance, the difference was negligible.

And they have one more home game than Buffalo every year.

*** Buffalo was actually in the top 10 in 2009 - with 7 home games.

I totally agree with Beerball. When you go to RW Stadium, you're there to do one thing: watch football. As it should be.

the fact that he think they played in Buffalo last year says it all, as it must have felt that way to him in his own stadium.

http://www.buffalone...two-bills-drive

Tell that hippie to get a haircut.

Although a new stadium would be cool and stuff

I'm not making anything out of anything. You asserted that Jacksonville HAS found their "QB of the future." IMO, that's a premature declaration based upon 2 games. We can argue semantics, but essentially, you did "crown him."

As I stated in a previous post, I do like what I'm seeing out of Bortles. Quarterback of the future? We'll have to wait and see on that one.

ok dude, I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make. you seem to know my opinion better than I do. I'm not trying to say he's Tom Brady right now. Edited by JaxBills

The thing is, when he talks about "fan experience" he's not talking about the game day experience that you are I are talking about. He's not talking about the tailgating or the raucus crowd or screaming until you lose your voice. He is talking about making money. He is looking for things that the owners can charge you for at the stadium to maximize their profits. So everyone sniping about the half empty stadium or Khan's stupidity, while you are correct, you are off base. The new stadium is not really about giving you more fun at the game, its about adding more things that they can charge money for. It will happen, so you should probably get onboard.

The thing is, when he talks about "fan experience" he's not talking about the game day experience that you are I are talking about. He's not talking about the tailgating or the raucus crowd or screaming until you lose your voice. He is talking about making money. He is looking for things that the owners can charge you for at the stadium to maximize their profits. So everyone sniping about the half empty stadium or Khan's stupidity, while you are correct, you are off base. The new stadium is not really about giving you more fun at the game, its about adding more things that they can charge money for. It will happen, so you should probably get onboard.

we went from self loathing to being defensive over something we miss understood. Progress!