I believe Whaley will trade for a guard

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont count out CJ being traded if his number dont increase. Why just let him walk when you can gets some value for him

I'm curious what value you think you can get for him? Especially if his numbers don't increase, why would someone want him as a rental for the rest of the season.

Bring back Richie Incagnito (was he a guard or tackle?)

Ever wonder why no one has brought him in?

Not really--he wasn't very good to begin with, and he's an idiot. I'd rather see Urbik in the game than sign that guy. He's wildly overrated, which is really saying something considering that not too many folks thought he was that good in the first place.

Exactly,. Richie was a below average G when he was here the last time, Why trade for trouble with no payoff? I think at least some of you "sign Incognito" guys just like him BECAUSE he got in trouble for bullying a teammate. It certainly isn't for his skill as a player.

I'll ask again, how about giving Hairston a shot? Can he be worse than Pears? I understand they want to keep Urbik (and maybe Hairston) healthy in case of an injury, but at some point, they have to do something about the G play.

I'm curious what value you think you can get for him? Especially if his numbers don't increase, why would someone want him as a rental for the rest of the season.

I doubt his numbers, this year as a Bill, have much impact on his trade value. He is part of a rotation and, for the moment, Fred is getting the ball more often---deservedly so, I think. But that does nothing to diminish Spiller's obvious talents. On a team that has the right kind of offense, and can get him into space (as Chan did) he is among the most explosive backs in the league. Do you think GM's simply look at t the 2014 stats to make their evaluations?

their solution for Guard is for Chris Williams to get healthy

He was pretty 'meh' when healthy in my eyes. He's got the stink of a terrible signing all over him, and for a big guy he doesn't move people the way he should.

Of course, he could have been playing hurt the first few games so I'm willing to ride this season out and see what they get out of him, but so far he's been the least impressive big-ticket signing of the Whaley era to me. And I'm using "big-ticket" very liberally, I know.

Sign Incognito AND trade for a G.

Richie boy is a 1 year rent-a-gaurd and could easily be cut if he starts any trouble. Tell him that when he signs.

Didn't we already do that? We didn't cut him because we didn't have to - his contract expired. We brought him in for the last three games of 2009 and let him walk.

Not really--he wasn't very good to begin with, and he's an idiot. I'd rather see Urbik in the game than sign that guy. He's wildly overrated, which is really saying something considering that not too many folks thought he was that good in the first place.

2012- Pro Bowl

2013- PFF's 24th ranked Guard. 2 sacks, 8 qb hits, and 11 hurries (8 games played)

FWIW Jonathan Martin was PFF's 60th ranked tackle in 2013

Edited by eme123

I have no inside scoop on this, but a strong gut feeling (you know, like the one I had that Whaley was going to trade up for Khalil Mack)

A few weeks left until the trade deadline, we are seeing a weakened Patriots club, a very strong Bills defense, a winning record through 5 games, and a serious issue at Offensive Guard.

We have three good runners in Freddy CJ and Bryce Brown. I believe Whaley will make a move for the best available Guard a team is willing to trade. I also believe we could be just as good with Freddy and Bryce Brown running for us, and that CJ has a lot to offer the right team (San Diego?)

Doug has shown he's not afraid to wheel and deal, and that he wants to win now. A solid OG could help us win, especially when the snow flies and the games come down to ground and pound. I think we're not going to re sign CJ anyway, and that the time is now to make a move.

Maybe 2016 1st for a solid starter ?

Exactly,. Richie was a below average G when he was here the last time, Why trade for trouble with no payoff? I think at least some of you "sign Incognito" guys just like him BECAUSE he got in trouble for bullying a teammate. It certainly isn't for his skill as a player.

I'll ask again, how about giving Hairston a shot? Can he be worse than Pears? I understand they want to keep Urbik (and maybe Hairston) healthy in case of an injury, but at some point, they have to do something about the G play.

I doubt his numbers, this year as a Bill, have much impact on his trade value. He is part of a rotation and, for the moment, Fred is getting the ball more often---deservedly so, I think. But that does nothing to diminish Spiller's obvious talents. On a team that has the right kind of offense, and can get him into space (as Chan did) he is among the most explosive backs in the league. Do you think GM's simply look at t the 2014 stats to make their evaluations?

I can't stand Incognito and don't want him, but he was definitely better than average for Miami. Not elite, but far better than what the Bills have been trotting out. The thing is, i think he's in more trouble for his gross sexual harassment stuff than the bullying given the issues teams and the league are facing these days. I won't be surprised if he never p,ays again.

2012- Pro Bowl

2013- PFF's 24th ranked Guard. 2 sacks, 8 qb hits, and 11 hurries (8 games played)

FWIW Jonathan Martin was PFF's 60th ranked tackle in 2013

I just don't put much stock into PFT or pro bowls.

All pros? Sure, more than the other two anyway.

Incognito wasn't anywhere near the player many thought him to be...as I said, I'd rather see Urbik in there.

Giving up another draft pick I think would be a bad idea. Which I think it would cost in terms of any trade. That 4th for Brown looks worse each day.

It's to early to say the Brown deal was a bad one, he looked good in the preseason, and had two monster games with the Eagles. Given CJ and FJs injury history at some point this season he'll play a significant role and we'll be damn glad Whaley got him.

Wilfork and his bum Achilles may be the best thing to happen to the interior line all year. Maybe they have just faced some elite talent and they are not as bad as we think...

You make a good point here. I'll go out on a limb and say we aren't gonna face DLmen as talented as Watt and Suh the rest of the way. But we will face some pretty good fronts, especially the Jest, but they may not give a crap by the time we play them.

GO BILLS!!!

Ever wonder why no one has brought him in?

Probably upset Eric Wood's development.

I have ofen wondered about this too.

I have concerns about whaleys judgement at this point

I'd take Incognito in a second. I still don't understand what the deal with Urbik is. He isn't an all pro, but he always played better than Pears. Can't figure that one out.

blocking schemes .

and he is backup center. the ONLY one right now.

let Richardson get his wheels bring back C Wiiliams this week at RG

Edited by 3rdand12

I doubt any team has an effective guard will trade them. Why would a team trade away one of their starting guards mid way into a season. Unless a team has a highly regarded backup that they might be willing to go, I don't see it happening. But that would be a good place to tweak the roster.