I believe Whaley will trade for a guard

I have no inside scoop on this, but a strong gut feeling (you know, like the one I had that Whaley was going to trade up for Khalil Mack)

A few weeks left until the trade deadline, we are seeing a weakened Patriots club, a very strong Bills defense, a winning record through 5 games, and a serious issue at Offensive Guard.

We have three good runners in Freddy CJ and Bryce Brown. I believe Whaley will make a move for the best available Guard a team is willing to trade. I also believe we could be just as good with Freddy and Bryce Brown running for us, and that CJ has a lot to offer the right team (San Diego?)

Doug has shown he's not afraid to wheel and deal, and that he wants to win now. A solid OG could help us win, especially when the snow flies and the games come down to ground and pound. I think we're not going to re sign CJ anyway, and that the time is now to make a move.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no inside scoop on this, but a strong gut feeling (you know, like the one I had that Whaley was going to trade up for Khalil Mack)

A few weeks left until the trade deadline, we are seeing a weakened Patriots club, a very strong Bills defense, a winning record through 5 games, and a serious issue at Offensive Guard.

We have three good runners in Freddy CJ and Bryce Brown. I believe Whaley will make a move for the best available Guard a team is willing to trade. I also believe we could be just as good with Freddy and Bryce Brown running for us, and that CJ has a lot to offer the right team (San Diego?)

Doug has shown he's not afraid to wheel and deal, and that he wants to win now. A solid OG could help us win, especially when the snow flies and the games come down to ground and pound. I think we're not going to re sign CJ anyway, and that the time is now to make a move.

He has three weeks - October 28th is the deadline.

Alex Boone anyone? Not that I think it will happen, but not entirely out of the question either. Much of this could be resolved long term if Marrone would just allow Kujo to develop as a RG, much could be relieved. But alas....

SD signed former Miami RB Ronnie Brown who was cut by Texans so they are not going to trade for Spiller like I was guessing.

For at least or two until they see Ronnie Brown has no more traction.

they would never trade a guard because they don't have any either

SD signed former Miami RB Ronnie Brown who was cut by Texans so they are not going to trade for Spiller like I was guessing.

San Diego is hurting themselves on their O line as they picked up Legursky because their starting C and backup were both hurt, and started him last game. He was injured last game, so now the Chargers are looking for a replacement at center.

Anyway, I wouldn't hold my breath for Whaley to obtain a decent OG as this regime seems to think they can get by with scrubs. That one position will probably be his undoing. I suspect that one of the current OG's will be cut by week 6 just like last year.

Ronnie brown doesn't change anything.

That you'd be filling the biggest hole for a team we may be fighting for a playoff spot (and they already have a tie breaker) in exchange for.... Well... Not sure there's anything that makes sense.... Is the real issue

CJ is really the only tradeable commodity of value to get a worthwhile return. Given CJ's UFA status after the season, the team that trades for him would view him as a rent a player, the one guy that gets them over the hump. The question then becomes, how many playoff caliber teams need such a RB and can afford to trade away a significant enough OG in return?

Don't see how Brandon Oliver doesn't start for them after his monster performance last week...he looked exceptionally quick and shifty and is built like a bowling ball that can run you over as well

Edited by matter2003

Ever wonder why no one has brought him in?

Not really--he wasn't very good to begin with, and he's an idiot. I'd rather see Urbik in the game than sign that guy. He's wildly overrated, which is really saying something considering that not too many folks thought he was that good in the first place.

For what guard?

Alex Boone anyone? :thumbsup: Not that I think it will happen, but not entirely out of the question either. Much of this could be resolved long term if Marrone would just allow Kujo to develop as a RG, much could be relieved. But alas....

What's gona take to get richy, some bullying and now the guy is a pariah.

CJ is really the only tradeable commodity of value to get a worthwhile return. Given CJ's UFA status after the season, the team that trades for him would view him as a rent a player, the one guy that gets them over the hump. The question then becomes, how many playoff caliber teams need such a RB and can afford to trade away a significant enough OG in return?

New Orleans

Ever wonder why no one has brought him in?

Nope, it's no mystery. Everyone is scared of being next to have their door kicked in by the media/PC police. The Ray Rice thing has everyone on extra-sensitive mode this season.