At this point, does anyone think we keep Spiller?

Big C

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he's in the last year of his deal and it's a forgone conclusion he will not be a Bill next year anyway, but should we see what we can get from a team that could better utilize his "talents". Besides the KO return vs. Miami, this kid isn't providing much for this team, especially running out of the backfield for negative plays or 1 yard gains. Thoughts?

Seriously, my thoughts are......................................................

JFC. So your plan is to hand the starting job to a 33 year old Fred Jackson? I'm sure that'll work out great. I'll be happy for CJ if he goes somewhere where the fans appreciate him. The man does not get his due from most Bills fans.

You mean hand the job to our leading reciever and rusher? What a bad idea that is.

You mean hand the job to our leading reciever and rusher? What a bad idea that is.

Yeah, I'm sure that his success has nothing to do with his limited carries and that, at 33 years old, he will hold up just fine carrying the load of #1 RB.

I wish Hackett could figure out how to use him. But since that's not happening, maybe he has some trade value.

But it would tough to watch him get 1,000 yards for some other team.

Lynch made the Pro Bowl three times with the 'Hawks and was an integral part of their Super Bowl season. We gave him away for a 5th rounder. I really don't want to get into the habit of dealing running backs with the potential to excel.

Where Spiller was drafted or if he should have been drafted by the Bills is a moot point. He is a very talented RB, and it is the job of the coaches to figure out a way to use him successfully. I guarantee you that if Spiller was with New Orleans, Philadelphia, or another NFL team with a forward thinking OC, he would be a weapon.

To continually run him between the tackles is STUPIDITY 101. If Whaley & Marrone wanted to build an OL of guys who are immobile, and hire a "green behind the ears" OC, than they should have trade Spiller in the offseason.

Edited by LabattBlue

I went to a handful of UB games last year - we discussed how Bo Mi...Oliver would be good pro player as the pro running game is between the tackles - ller. Oliver did this as a Bull and now as a Pro - also what FJ does well - CJ might be a bad fit for the Pros...

Edited by baskin

Where Spiller was drafted or if he should have been drafted by the Bills is a moot point. He is a very talented RB, and it is the job of the coaches to figure out a way to use him successfully. I guarantee you that if Spiller was with New Orleans, Philadelphia, or another NFL team with a forward thinking OC, he would be a weapon.

To continually run him between the tackles is STUPIDITY 101. If Whaley & Marrone wanted to build an OL of guys who are immobile, and hire a "green behind the ears" OC, than they should have trade Spiller in the offseason.

freddy doesn't have a problem with it.

And fwiw, a "guarantee" that CJ would be a weapon on some other team is BS. You can't guarantee it because it's not going to happen right now. And when it does happen, what's your excuse going to be for him when he doesn't do anything on that team? Oh, by then well have the excuse that CJ is getting older and lost a step. That his talent was wasted in this team for years. His good days are behind him. Blah. Blah. Blah.

He's just not good. Get over him.

CJ gets more carries than Fred.

Yes, that was my point. That Jackson, at his age, is going to perform better and stay healthier as a #2 back. Put him in as the starter with more carries and he's likely to break down and be less effective. Injury risk increases greatly as well - much moreso than it would for a younger back.