Why I think Marrone should be fired...

C.Biscuit97

Marrone is coming back. He handled this situation well and the team will finish at least 8-8.

He totally screwed the o-line situation but Whaley will bring in somebody to replace Pears.

Watkins will eb crazy good next year.

Only way Marrone doesn't come back is if he pulls a Wade Phillips and refuses to get rid of Hackett.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no top tier prospect wants to coach the Bills. who'd want THAT job.. ?

This isn't the same old Bills ownership that would micromanage the head coach & GM by phone from a different city all season long, as no legit decent NFL HC would have stood still for that. No more meddling in the draft process, or hiring the least expensive head coaches. Along with the hiring of one that would give the least resistance to his total control of power as president of the team. Because the owners health was failing the last few years the marketing guy with a baseball background has been making the more important team decisions.

All that has changed with new rock solid stable ownership that is 100% committed to winning above all else, and a team of players that already has a good cast of some elite talent. Particularly a top 5 defense unit with one of their best players on IR. The offense is very fixable, and should have been taken care of the first year of this two year regime.

This team no longer needs the "moneyball" philosophy of attempting to make things work with less then decent players brought fourth by that money, marketing, baseball guy simply because the new owner is one of the richest in the league.

There isn't a prospective person in the world who would turn down being hired by this team now as they will spare no expense in the hiring of their next head coach. I would think that the 7-8 million that is being paid to the highest paid NFL coaches will no longer be a roadblock in the hiring of their next HC.

Jim Harbaugh who is currently being paid 5 mill per by the 49ers would love to be paid equal to what his brother John is being paid by Baltimore at 7 mill per.

Why settle for scrubs coaches who have already proven they can't even come close to competing with the Bill Belichick's of the league...why?

Edited by FeartheLosing

Marrone is coming back.

Only way Marrone doesn't come back is if he pulls a Wade Phillips and refuses to get rid of Hackett.

IMHO, Hackett is as good as gone. There is already rumours that Marrone is calling plays. I have said it before that having rookies at HC, OC,and QB all in one year was a critical mistake. An experienced OC would have made a world of difference. But, Marrone has kept the team together. He has not been perfect but he has been more right than wrong and I would like to see him coach with a better OC and QB.

Marrone is coming back.

IMHO, Hackett is as good as gone. There is already rumours that Marrone is calling plays. I have said it before that having rookies at HC, OC,and QB all in one year was a critical mistake. An experienced OC would have made a world of difference. But, Marrone has kept the team together. He has not been perfect but he has been more right than wrong and I would like to see him coach with a better OC and QB.

Well, we matched out last season's win total in 11 games and I've always been a proponent of continuity. We've gone from sad-sack to competitive during Marrone's tenure.

That said, Mike Pettine and Jim Schwartz probably have more to do with this turnaround than Marrone. It makes me sad that we could be wasting an all-time great defensive line unit.

I think sentiment will change as the year progresses.

Still think that way after a 7-9 season?

If it is a 7-9 with 4 competitive defeats I think he probably is back. If we get blown out by New England, Green Bay and Denver by 20 plus points then I think he could be gone.

I like the toughness that this team has and I think Marrone brought that. Count me as a supporter for at least one more year

Me too.

From this article:

Offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson said. "And hey, we fight. That's what we do. Coach Marrone always preaches that we're still in the race. We can still win out. We can beat anybody in the NFL. We all believe that. We rallied around coach Marrone and the whole coaching staff, and we're just going to keep riding this thing out. That's what we're going to do."

"We stuck together, really," wide receiver Mike Williams said.

After the game, Marrone was asked whether the win, after the week the Bills and Western New York had, was one of his finest moments in his 27-game, NFL head coaching career.

"Hopefully not," he said bluntly.

But to date, it has to be up there, right?

"You guys know how I am," Marrone quipped. "I've got zero personality. I'm already looking toward next week. We have to get in and get this done. ...

I like him and think that Bills fans are unnecessarily taking out frustrations from people before him. He has this team playing tough hard nosed football. He has this team competing in every single game. He has matched the win total from each of the last 4 years in 11 games. He is doing a good job.

I like the toughness that this team has and I think Marrone brought that. Count me as a supporter for at least one more year

One of the best, most simple, intelligent posts I've seem in awhile. Agree wholeheartedly!

If it is a 7-9 with 4 competitive defeats I think he probably is back. If we get blown out by New England, Green Bay and Denver by 20 plus points then I think he could be gone.

The Bills have one of the toughest remaining schedules, only SD is tougher. So the sentiment seems to be they go 7-9/8-8 tops. I'm wondering, and I have no evidence other than I think they have pretty unfortunate a couple times, if they don't finish stronger than many think. The past week may have created a rallying cry and another solid win this week could get the train rolling. Even a competitive loss at Denver, followed by beating Oakland, should give them momentum coming home to play Green Bay.

Barring a complete disaster I don't think Marrone is fired.

Edited by 75Bills

I think the jury is still out on whether he will be back. Finish strong and he's back. Collapse at the end and he's gone. I think it's as simple as that. Depends on how the team does these last five games.

At the moment I would think ownership is thrilled with this team. But an 8-8 record is very likely from the look of the schedule.--very tough decision to make. 9-6 record guarantees a return of all staff who want to stay.

My 2 cents.....

1. My worry is Jerry Hughes does not seem to like Marrone.... We need Hughes more than we need Marrone. Unless you bring in a superstar HC... I think Hughes is gone.

2. How good is our DC, is he ready to be a HC again?

3. I like Hackett... he seems to be learning and growing. We might regret loosing Hackett one day.

4. EJ needs more time on the bench...Marrone did the right thing.

No head coach is perfect... none. We all see our head coach's flaws. Can we live with them? Are they fatal to our goal of playoffs next year?

Is it worth the risk to have a coach that is better, but has bigger flaws (like Rex Ryan)? Or a worse coach (Dick J.) with fewer flaws? Or an exciting coach retread (John Gruden) that the game may have passed him by?

Marrone is better than the last 4 coaches we have had.... it's not even close. I am sick of switching coaches... I want to play this out another year or two.

Edited by Iraq Vet

I'm wondering, and I have no evidence other than I think they have pretty unfortunate a couple times, if they don't finish stronger than many think. The past week may have created a rallying cry and another solid win this week could get the train rolling. Even a competitive loss at Denver, followed by beating Oakland, should give them momentum coming home to play Green Bay.

Oh I agree. I have said elsewhere that adversity can sometimes rally a team to do something special, let's hope that is the case here. I think the Oakland game comes after Green Bay though.

One of the best, most simple, intelligent posts I've seem in awhile. Agree wholeheartedly!

The Bills have one of the toughest remaining schedules, only SD is tougher. So the sentiment seems to be they go 7-9/8-8 tops. I'm wondering, and I have no evidence other than I think they have pretty unfortunate a couple times, if they don't finish stronger than many think. The past week may have created a rallying cry and another solid win this week could get the train rolling. Even a competitive loss at Denver, followed by beating Oakland, should give them momentum coming home to play Green Bay.

While I do not disagree with you, if the team believes it is a playoff caliber team that tough schedule should not be as tough to the team. They would need to show that can beat some of those tough teams. I agree playing competitively is necessary; however, the Bills have had there fair share of "morale victories" over that past 15 years. If they want to move forward and prove they have, they need to show they can flip those "morale victories" into actual ones.

My 2 cents.....

1. My worry is Jerry Hughes does not seem to like Marrone.... We need Hughes more than we need Marrone. Unless you bring in a superstar HC... I think Hughes is gone.

2. How good is our DC, is he ready to be a HC again?

3. I like Hackett... he seems to be learning and growing. We might regret loosing Hackett one day.

4. EJ needs more time on the bench...Marrone did the right thing.

No head coach is perfect... none. We all see our head coach's flaws. Can we live with them? Are they fatal to our goal of playoffs next year?

Is it worth the risk to have a coach that is better, but has bigger flaws (like Rex Ryan)? Or a worse coach (Dick J.) with fewer flaws? Or an exciting coach retread (John Gruden) that the game may have passed him by?

Marrone is better than the last 4 coaches we have had.... it's not even close. I am sick of switching coaches... I want to play this out another year or two.

You sure about that? Do you think Belichick(not that Marrone is close to Billy's level) has gotten along with every player there over the years? Doubt it, and good thing NE decided to keep their coach instead of a player. You don't get rid of the coach because ONE player isn't getting along with him. Geez!

You sure about that? Do you think Belichick(not that Marrone is close to Billy's level) has gotten along with every player there over the years? Doubt it, and good thing NE decided to keep their coach instead of a player. You don't get rid of the coach because ONE player isn't getting along with him. Geez!

If Marone can demand and receive the respect and dedication from players as Bill B does, he'll be our coach for another decade.