Why I think Marrone should be fired...

C.Biscuit97

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons he was bad on pass protect was because he was exhausted by how he was used, which is totally on Hackett and Marrone.

After throwing my phone across the room in disbelief, I sent you that text. It was absolutely criminal misuse of personnel on top of terrible play calling at the worst time.

First flat out win. It was good to see. A more impressive game than those 300 yarders.

I still don't trust the offense coaches and think our offense is a problem. Against a good team, you can't go 7 series in a row without a 1st down. That's Pop Warner. But Orton did what he had to do and we have a top 5 playmaker in the NFL.

Our playcalling and run game still suck (it's all Spiller's fault!). And I think we actually are a good enough team where we can let a 1st round pick sit on the bench and learn. Still, it's playoffs or bust and we've been here before. They need to finish it. And I still think our offense coaching is a problem.

First flat out win. It was good to see. A more impressive game than those 300 yarders.

I still don't trust the offense coaches and think our offense is a problem. Against a good team, you can't go 7 series in a row without a 1st down. That's Pop Warner. But Orton did what he had to do and we have a top 5 playmaker in the NFL.

Our playcalling and run game still suck (it's all Spiller's fault!). And I think we actually are a good enough team where we can let a 1st round pick sit on the bench and learn. Still, it's playoffs or bust and we've been here before. They need to finish it. And I still think our offense coaching is a problem.

Moving the goalposts. You wanted Marrone fired for "giving up" on EJ. 3-1!!!!!!!

Moving the goalposts. You wanted Marrone fired for "giving up" on EJ. 3-1!!!!!!!

I know you're trying to troll and learned a sweet new expression but read the thread title. I want him fired if we don't make the playoffs. Do you really think we are a well coached team on the offensive side of the football?

"If you're not moving the goalposts, you're not trying hard enough to win the argument" Hmmm, who posted that?

Some of my finest work.

I know you're trying to troll and learned a sweet new exp<b></b>ression but read the thread title. I want him fired if we don't make the playoffs. Do you really think we are a well coached team on the offensive side of the football?

"But I think Marrone should go for bailing on his first round draft pick he helped select."

And I seem to remember a few posts like, "I hope I'm wrong and Orton plays great." But it doesn't really sound like you really hoped you were wrong, more like you'll say anything to "prove" you're right.

For years, the Jets were big bad bullies that used to come into Bills games and beat us up and push us around. Since Marrone got here, it has been the exact opposite. We are finally bullying the bullies. We still need to figure out the mental game in order to overcome New England, but one thing is for sure about Marrone's team, they will not be simply physically out-manned.

For years, the Jets were big bad bullies that used to come into Bills games and beat us up and push us around. Since Marrone got here, it has been the exact opposite. We are finally bullying the bullies. We still need to figure out the mental game in order to overcome New England, but one thing is for sure about Marrone's team, they will not be simply physically out-manned.

I will agree with this. Marrone has made us a much more physical team. IF we don't make the playoffs and he gets fired, I'd welcome him as a strength coach. :)

Seriously, I just think we might have top 5 talent in the NFL. I think a top tier offensive coach might have among the best in the NFL. Maybe my expectations are too high.

I say leave him alone. This team needs stability. Switching coaches every year has not worked for us. Marrone is making them into a better football team. He is only in his 2nd year. Already the team is improving. Most coaches have a 3 year plan to get a team where they want them. Marrone appears to be on track. No, he isn't Bill Walsh, or Bill Parcells but looks to be a coach that is improving. I say keep him. We are lucky to have him.

Grass always seems greener but it often isnt.

As I posted in the Fire Hackett thread, I think Marrone should call the plays to determine where the issues are on the Offense. Is it execution as it has been said by Marrone, is it the play-calling, is it both? I think, with the Urbik change it helps a great deal, but putting in 2 and 3 TE sets doesn't help his argument, but better play-calling and in game adjustments might show he's got the chops but the wrong OC...however, I think in the Off Season, unless a Super Bowl is had - I think Marrone is told to get a new OC and if he refuses, he either resigns or he's fired...this Offense is too talented and too damn good to be sitting at 5-3, and to that end - by the slightest of margins with some bad games, particularly against the Vikes...

I will agree with this. Marrone has made us a much more physical team. IF we don't make the playoffs and he gets fired, I'd welcome him as a strength coach. :)

Seriously, I just think we might have top 5 talent in the NFL. I think a top tier offensive coach might have among the best in the NFL. Maybe my expectations are too high.

Somehow I doubt you'd be singing this tune if we were 4-4 w/ Manwel.

Somehow I doubt you'd be singing this tune if we were 4-4 w/ Manwel.

No doubt about it. 4-4 with EJ is different than 5-3 with Orton. We stole those Lions and Vikes games but this was a convincing (if room for improvement) type of win. Orton didn't get to the mythical 300 yards but he put points on the board. That's what I wanted to see.

If we make the playoffs, Marrone is a genius. If we don't, I still want him gone. I still think this is not a good offense and that's on him. Long way to go but 5-3 is a good start.

No doubt about it. 4-4 with EJ is different than 5-3 with Orton. We stole those Lions and Vikes games but this was a convincing (if room for improvement) type of win. Orton didn't get to the mythical 300 yards but he put points on the board. That's what I wanted to see.

If we make the playoffs, Marrone is a genius. If we don't, I still want him gone. I still think this is not a good offense and that's on him. Long way to go but 5-3 is a good start.

Do you honestly think they're 4-4 with EJ? I'm thinking 3-5.

Do you honestly think they're 4-4 with EJ? I'm thinking 3-5.

Who knows, honestly? IF you get EJ of the first 2 weeks, they win the Jets game. And I think the Vikes are terrible and we only need 17 points to win, so I think that could be a win. But who knows.

Personally, I wanted him to play through it but it is what it is now. I hope Orton is helping him out in film study because he never had that veteran mentor. I think both QBs are being done a diservice by our coaching staff. But Orton is more NFL ready QB at this point. I really hope it pays off because it will be a long offseason if we don't make the playoffs.

Who knows, honestly? IF you get EJ of the first 2 weeks, they win the Jets game. And I think the Vikes are terrible and we only need 17 points to win, so I think that could be a win. But who knows.

Personally, I wanted him to play through it but it is what it is now. I hope Orton is helping him out in film study because he never had that veteran mentor. I think both QBs are being done a diservice by our coaching staff. But Orton is more NFL ready QB at this point. I really hope it pays off because it will be a long offseason if we don't make the playoffs.

Can't argue with the spotty coaching, but I also have a hard time believing EJ putting up the yards & points against Lions & Minny defenses.

My decision on Marrone will be determined by whether or not the offense gets better as the season progresses. He is either not putting enough personal effort into fixing the offense or else maybe he is equally guilty as Hackett and in total agreement with Hackett on the game plans and in-game play calling. Time will tell.

And if this offense continues to struggle and not do more of the things it does best, then it is up to Marrone to make a change at the end of the year. If he is unwilling to do so, then off with his head.