Why I think Marrone should be fired...

C.Biscuit97

I'm merely using the rankings to give context to how bad the team is on offense. I never said the Bills were the worst team in the NFL in the red zone. I said the Bills are currently the worst in the red zone in scoring TD's. That is a huge stat when you think they could have gotten 21 points against the Dolphins instead of only 9. The Bills have been bad in the red zone with both Orton and EJ, both this year and last year.

The Bills are fielding a bad offense, and its not just due to the poor play of the players, or their mistakes. If you go back thru the thread and read my other posts you would read where I state....

The offensive troubles are being thrown at Marrone's feet because he is the HC, and is thoroughly responsible for the production or non-production of his offensive players.

The scoring percentage I listed is TDs only, so again they are not the worst in the league in TDs inside the RedZone. That belongs to SF who is coached by Harbaugh, whom some want here.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scoring percentage I listed is TDs only, so again they are not the worst in the league in TDs inside the RedZone. That belongs to SF who is coached by Harbaugh, whom some want here.

My mistake as I posted that the day after the Monday night game, and previous to that game they were last in TD's in the red zone.

Take away the two wins against the 2-9 Jets, and they really, really suck in the red zone. The two rushing TD's & two passing TD's against the crappy Jets on Mon night allowed them to move to 29th out of 32nd. It doesn't deter the fact that the bills are also 24th in total offense.

I look at the failure of the offense more in bad game planning, scheme, and failure to even try and mount a decent run game. Then after that Thursday night game against Miami even both Deion Sanders & Phill Simms both commented it was not the players, but bad coaching. I gotta think the Bills coaches will stay true to form*, and go pass happy again this game since the Browns have a better pass defense, weak run defense.

Like I said, The Bills have an NFL championship defense, and a college JV offense.

Edited by FeartheLosing

• 3 weeks later...

The team's preparation and performance against a team in the running for the #1 pick was atrocious. Add to that, another punt on 4th and 1, in the 4th quarter when you need a score. He gave up on the team...the team gave up in him.

Time for the Pegulas to put their stamp on this team with a new coaching staff.

• 3 weeks later...

Barring the playoffs of course.

This is a desperate move that is not in the best interests of the franchise. First, a quick list of young Qbs' rookie year OCs;

Geno smith - Marty Morteweig (former head coach, multiple NFL OC)

Andrew Luck - bruce Arians (Multiple NFL OC)

Russell Wilson - Darrell Bevel (multiple NFL OC)

Colin Kapernick - Roman (multiple NFL OC)

Teddy Bridgewater - Norv Turner (one of the best offensive coaches in the NFL)

RG3 - Shanahan family (great offensive mind)

EJ - Hackett (Syracuse OC who's dad helped he get where he is)

So right from the start, EJ was at a seriously disadvantage. Watching how some players regressed last year (Stevie & CJ in particular), are we sure he is good?

So there is the lack of a proven NFL OC which would benefit a young qb tremendously. But I think Marrone should go because he is bailing on the qb he helped selected in the 1st round after less than 16 games. He needs to be help accountable for that.

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he went down with the EJ ship. But instead, he is taking the "safe" route with a known mediocre at best qb.

I'm a Bills fan first and foremost. I'm probably too optimist about this team. It means a lot to me and I let it clog my judgement at times. But I hate this move. Anything less than the playoffs, the Bills should bail on Marrone like he bailed on EJ.

P.S. Kevin Sumlin would be at the top of my list. He's developed many average talents and made them superstars.

:beer:

Did you just bump, and toast to yourself for no reason?

It just makes me happy. I knew it was a bad move and knew that Marrone was not thinking of the long term goals of the franchise. He is spiteful and holds grudges.

If the Bills make a good choice (preferably a coach with a proven track record of developing QBs), this franchise will be in a much better place. I'm very happy that we didn't trick ourselves into thinking Marrone, Hackett, and Orton were good enough. They weren't.