Would EJ start for any other NFL team right now ?

Pretty easy question, would he??

Yes. The Jets would start him if they drafted him. So would Miami, Cleveland, Oakland, and St Louis.

Or would you prefer Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill, Bryan Hoyer, Derek Carr, or Shaun Hill over EJ?

Edited by Campy

I think he's better than Geno, Fitz, Tannehill

Yeah, I don't know if I can say he's a clear upgrade over Geno or Fitz. I don't think he's an upgrade over Tannehill though.

Really though, we're talking about him maybe being an upgrade over bottom of the barrel QBs. That doesn't make me feel any better.

Yes. The Jets would start him if they drafted him. So would Miami, Cleveland, Oakland, and St Louis.

Or would you prefer Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill, Bryan Hoyer, Derek Carr, or Shaun Hill over EJ?

I'm not talking draft or commitments of any kind, like you're talking (on your own). If EJ was presented to another team without any obligations, would be be that team's starting QB ? Don't over-think this, just answer the question.

I'm not talking draft or commitments of any kind, like you're talking (on your own). If EJ was presented to another team without any obligations, would be be that team's starting QB ? Don't over-think this, just answer the question.

I did.

Well there is this tweet on the front page. "EJ Manuel now has a 19.8 QBR on the season, 32nd among 33 qualified quarterbacks. Only Chad Henne has been (was?) worse." So since Henne is no longer starting, Im not so sure.

He's been 32nd at QBR out of 34 QB's, one guy must of fallen off the list & Henne is playing soon barring a castaphroe. How far away is the next highest QBR's (31?) ?

The answer is, probably yes. Whether he's better right now that everyone else is not the only thing that matters. If the Bills thought EJ was as good today as he's going to get, he'd deserve to be cut. They look at him as a red-shirt rookie, who is learning as he goes, and they see enough potential to keep him on the field even if he costs the team wins that they could reasonably get with an average QB. So the reason he would probably start for other teams is that they have immediate AND longer term needs, and they're looking ahead.

Well there is this tweet on the front page. "EJ Manuel now has a 19.8 QBR on the season, 32nd among 33 qualified quarterbacks. Only Chad Henne has been (was?) worse." So since Henne is no longer starting, Im not so sure.

First QB since Brady Quinn to have a QBR under 10 in consecutive full games. So he's got that going for him also.

The answer is, probably yes. Whether he's better right now that everyone else is not the only thing that matters. If the Bills thought EJ was as good today as he's going to get, he'd deserve to be cut. They look at him as a red-shirt rookie, who is learning as he goes, and they see enough potential to keep him on the field even if he costs the team wins that they could reasonably get with an average QB. So the reason he would probably start for other teams is that they have immediate AND longer term needs, and they're looking ahead.

They won't get to even see him get better because they'll be gone by then. If he does get better (he won't), it'll be several years & several WR's careers over by then. Lets ask Marquis how he feels, I'd be willing to bet if unleashed the answer would be quite harsh.

I do more than that: I really really really watch them.

Thank you for your concern.

I'm sure the TV's on, so I guess that's good enough.

First QB since Brady Quinn to have a QBR under 10 in consecutive full games. So he's got that going for him also.

I just looked it up, QB #31 has about a 40% higher rating. That's not a gap, that's an ocean away. Worst starting QB in the league by far using this metric.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

I'm sure the TV's on, so I guess that's good enough.

I already told you, I really really really watch the games.

Pro tip 1: Don't ask a subjective or hypothetical question if you are unwilling (or unable) to respect opinions that run contrary to your own. Just state your own opinion and move on.

Pro tip 2: People who infer they have some sort of deeper understanding of the game than fellow posters generally don't. Furthermore, those people are often considered opinionated blowhards not to be taken seriously. If a poster knows his stuff, it will show without the need to imply others do not.

Hope that helps. Go Bills.

Edited by Campy

I already told you, I really really really watch the games.

Pro tip 1: Don't ask a subjective or hypothetical question if you are unwilling (or unable) to respect opinions that run contrary to your own. Just state your own opinion and move on.

Pro tip 2: People who infer they have some sort of deeper understanding of the game than fellow posters generally don't. Furthermore, those people are often considered opinionated blowhards not to be taken seriously. If a poster knows his stuff, it will show without the need to imply others do not.

Hope that helps. Go Bills.

Nice response. You brought up valid points but just to be clear, I'd like justification instead of just names. Why are those QB's not as good... ETC. Snide little comments inferring whether or not I know what I'm talking about isn't germane of the situation.

Nice response. You brought up valid points but just to be clear, I'd like justification instead of just names. Why are those QB's not as good... ETC. Snide little comments inferring whether or not I know what I'm talking about isn't germane of the situation.

This is bizarre. You asked if I "even watched the games" and then said you meant if I "really watch." And you don't consider that snide but my reply that I "really really really" watch was? Good grief...

As for justification, it's because EJ has a much bigger upside than those guys despite, in a few instances, having far fewer starts.

nope. He would not start for any team over their current starting QB.

Edited by RyanC883

Tannehill played a good game yesterday. He knows he's playing for his job. Maybe thats what Manuel needs. Marrone said before he likes players to have a chip on their shoulders. EJ has been coddled ever since he got here. I would bench him right now and make him earn his way back. At the very least they could give Orton more snaps in practice to send a message that they are considering making a change.