J Byrd 2014

Kirby Jackson

Interesting comments form Greg Cosell-

"NFL Films and NFL Matchup analyst Greg Cosell was sharply critical of Byrd and fellow safety Kenny Vaccaro as a guest on Ross Tucker's football podcast. Cosell pointed primarily to the players' missed tackles and said, “You could make an argument that Jairus Byrd is playing the worst safety in the NFL. … So they're getting very poor play from a position going into the season that they believed would be a great, great strength.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/10164/saints-roundup-family-ties-with-buccaneers

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it!

I find it weird that his tackling is so poor. He really came on strong with his tackling in I think his 3rd year. That's when I really thought he was elite.

He had back surgery just before the season. Maybe Byrd isn't 100% healthy because he's previously show himself to be a very sure tackler.

He had back surgery just before the season. Maybe Byrd isn't 100% healthy because he's previously show himself to be a very sure tackler.

I really thought he did, too..........And, now I'm reading posts on this thread saying he sucks at it..........I'm glad you said that because I thought my football assessment skills were eroding.

I really thought he did, too..........And, now I'm reading posts on this thread saying he sucks at it..........I'm glad you said that because I thought my football assessment skills were eroding.

You're not alone! Byrd was great because he seemed to have a knack for finding the ball as well as tackling.

Something is definitely puzzling as to why both Byrd and Vaccaro are struggling. Surgery might explain Byrd, but Vaccaro was really good in his rookie season and I don't think he had any ailments or procedures in the offseason, did he?

Whoa!!!!

We can be honest here, right? Right. I never want a player to get injured and I have nothing against Byrd. But of you don't think Whaley hears this and doesn't see it as a win in his decision to extend AW and place the Byrd dollars elsewhere....

@SalSports: Byrd got 6 years/$54M ($9M avg)/$26M guaranteed from Saints.

Bills gave A. Williams 5 years/$27M ($5.4M avg)/ $14.6 guaranteed instead

Edited by YoloinOhio

Whaley looks even better now

CBF

This is the ONLY reason i care what ex-players do. I watch to see how their career goes from the stand point of should the Bills have spent that money.

Now there are other factors like other players coming up for contract, a replacement in place on the roster(at a better rate), etc...