J Byrd 2014

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price trade was rare. How often have you seen that done since? Why would someone give a pick for Byrd when he was about to become an UFA?

I always see this line of thinking, but wouldn't it be because then you get the player, instead of having 1/31 the chance of getting the player?

This!! He is the worst FA signing ever.

But, it's in response to this guy really going on the limb, which people on the last page were questioning who could possibly be worse this year.

I always see this line of thinking, but wouldn't it be because then you get the player, instead of having 1/31 the chance of getting the player?

But, it's in response to this guy really going on the limb, which people on the last page were questioning who could possibly be worse this year.

you're assuming 31 other teams would be willing to pay him $8mm a year for multiple years. a team may think he's worth the money, but not the money and a high draft pick

you're assuming 31 other teams would be willing to pay him $8mm a year for multiple years. a team may think he's worth the money, but not the money and a high draft pick

I'm really talking more in general than just Byrd (I have the feeling he and NO were having communications beforehand)...........But, you always here about a team trying to get something for somebody they are about to cut, and then everybody on the radio says the same thing "Why would a team give up something, when they can sign him for free next week."

Well, to me, the answer to that is because then you know you have the player, and if you are going to attempt to sign him as a free agent, well there just be a number of other teams that think the same thing.

That really sucks for the Saints after committing a ton of money to Byrd. I had no problem at all with the Bills letting him walk: he clearly didn't want to be here & would have only been a distraction to the locker room if they franchised him again. This defense has a lot of young players and Byrd's bad attitude would've been a cancer in the locker room.

You don't win games with players that don't want to be on your team.

Aaron Williams is a much better all around safety anyways. Yes, Byrd was a very good deep free safety, centerfielder but his run defense left much to be desired. Williams has better size and is a much better tackler.

That really sucks for the Saints after committing a ton of money to Byrd.

And, I love it. Not the injury, but just that he was a bust even before that, and the whole thing is a bust now.

Maybe teams won't let Parker blackmail them in the future.