Ej lost the game

Kirby Jackson

I keep trying to find potential, any potential and I dont see it at all. There is not one part of his game that is solid. With no ability to throw down the feild we are done. This team has talent in many positions, but the QB is terrible. His string needs to be 2 more games, if there is no improvement then he needs to sit on the bench.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you want him to pass the :censored: ball and catch the :censored: ball too?

yes, the pick 6 killed the game,

so did 4+ dropped passes, the inability for the Offense to pass protect better, and the inability for the Defense to stop Fitzmagic

oh and PENALTIES

Yep, EJ is so good, he just needs help. C'mon really? Stop with the excuses already!

so did 4+ dropped passes, the inability for the Offense to pass protect better, and the inability for the Defense to stop Fitzmagic

oh and PENALTIES

The homer denial is tough. Keep holding out guys. "Buying that #3 jersey was a good decision! You'll see! He just needs to complete a season start to finish, THEN he'll be able to complete a pass to a wide open receiver."

Someone needs to take some accountability.

Either EJ is playing scared or Hackett (Hackjob) is calling conservative plays

Someone needs to own up as to why our offense sucks so much.

We drafted the most explosive playmaker and yet our offense is worse than last year!

CBF

I think it's a combination of both. EJ has been bad, and Hackett is worse IMO. It appears that Hackett can't game plan worth a crap, just like our QB can't hit an open receiver.

oh and PENALTIES

How many of those 4 dropped passes were game changing plays?

oh and PENALTIES

No worries. There is a "sign him to a 5 year extension now" thread around here too.

Someone needs to take some accountability.

Either EJ is playing scared or Hackett (Hackjob) is calling conservative plays

Someone needs to own up as to why our offense sucks so much.

We drafted the most explosive playmaker and yet our offense is worse than last year!

CBF

Maybe that was part of the problem. They listened to the cat calls about training wheels on EJ. Well they featured him today, to the detriment of the run game, in an ill-timed game on the road ... and look what happened.

When Fitz was here--ah, the glory days!--we had a QB with significant limitations who made his o-line play better than their talent level. Chan's scheming obviously were a big piece there. Now we have a QB whose limitations are making everyone around him worse than their talent level. Not sure that Hackett isn't also making everyone worse, too.

Until yesterday, I was in the 'we don't know what we have in EJ yet' camp. But I think we saw enough to know that we don't have an NFL QB, let alone a QB able to carry the team to the playoffs, in EJ. Same as it ever was.

kj

I think it's a combination of both. EJ has been bad, and Hackett is worse IMO. It appears that Hackett can't game plan worth a crap, just like our QB can't hit an open receiver.

Hackett is a guy that's learning on the job and that's not a good fit for an NFL offensive coordinator job. When you get to this level you better know what you are doing day #1. He's in over his head right now and this is on Marrone bringing in 'his guy'.

EJ is still a 'project' in progress. The jury is still out on whether he progresses enough to be a competent NFL QB. But to me it doesn't look good right now. He didn't play a good game yesterday but I'm still not going to pin the entire loss on him. He had lots of help.

But the bottom line is this... While EJ is a 'project' this team is not. This was a winable game with a play or two going the other way. This team is built with a defense, special teams, offensive skill players, and enough on the offensive line to win with a QB at the helm that can put 20 to 24 points on the board consistently. That's not something this offense is going to do with EJ under center right now. Its time to take some pressure off, let him sit and learn, and give this team a chance of getting to the post season while sending a message to the veterans. Marrone has got to be smart enough to understand the consequences of losing and new ownership. I don't see Pegula making the same mistake he made with going with the status quo with the Sabres. This team needs to win and win now.

To me it's hard to watch the Bills knowing our best chance of winning is only if the other teams QB plays worse than ours. And blowing chances to get a 'W' in games like this is going to prove costly in the fight for a playoff spot come December.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

How many of those 4 dropped passes were game changing plays?

sammys 4 yard slant on 2nd and 7 on the first drive was just absolutely back breaking - the team never recovered.....

So, if the conclusion is that EJ is not the right QB for this team, now what ?

in my opinion, that EJ still deserves time to play himself into (or further out of) the lineup. ortons not the answer.

remember, last september is the only other time hes completed 4 consecutive games, so we might actually see some growth with him out there week in and week out if he stays healthy. continuity, building routines, etc.... it didnt work this week, but thats not to say that its impossible for it to come together.

So, if the conclusion is that EJ is not the right QB for this team, now what ?

That's a good question because Orton isn't the answer. He is a stopgap at best. I would guess that they take a run at Sam Bradford next year. A pretty hard run. Maybe they look at Cousins or RG as well. This team is ready to compete everywhere but QB IMO. I really have no idea what the rest of the season looks like. Edited by Kirby Jackson

sammys 4 yard slant on 2nd and 7 on the first drive was just absolutely back breaking - the team never recovered.....

in my opinion, that EJ still deserves time to play himself into (or further out of) the lineup. ortons not the answer.

remember, last september is the only other time hes completed 4 consecutive games, so we might actually see some growth with him out there week in and week out if he stays healthy. continuity, building routines, etc.... it didnt work this week, but thats not to say that its impossible for it to come together.

I actually think he's lucky next week is a road game. I'd give him the Detroit game to look better, if he lays an egg in Detroit, I'm not sure he can handle a hostile home crowd the following week.