Would you rather have Geno and Rex or EJ and Doug?

EJ and Doug because Geno is even more inconsistent than EJ and a pick machine. Rex is a great Defensive coach but our D is good with Schwartz so there's a push on the coaches

Defense is good????? Good defenses force more than 1 punt in 3 quarters at home against any offense.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the Jets have lost a game because of the coaching staff and one because of the QB. If that was in Buffalo they would have been BBQ'd. Since many here aren't happy with the Bills coach and QB I pose the question who would you rather have? (I would have done this poll style but I tried and it crashed and burned, so the smarter peeps are welcome to do that for me) :doh:

Jets are a second fiddle to the Giants in the press, and the press has been busy covering Jeter. Don't worry, the flames are turning up if Geno has another gae like last week's.

Jets are a second fiddle to the Giants in the press, and the press has been busy covering Jeter. Don't worry, the flames are turning up if Geno has another gae like last week's.

I dunno. NY media is good at covering things that haven't been relevant for weeks on end.

Geno is fun to watch. He throws these beautiful tight spirals with lots of zip that often seemed directed at the other team.

And clownish Rex has a winning NFL record while serious Marrone has a losing record thus far. But his antics seem to be wearing thin in New York.

I'll keep EJ and Dougie.

Anyone know what geno's have issues have been so far? If it's mental stuff, I think some of that could get better with experience.

He seemed to have some mental issues in the draft when he didn't go in the first round. I didn't like that attitude.

I haven't seen more than highlights so far this year. They include some lowlights.

I don't care for the drama that Rex brings... the results seem to be fairly similar, so I'll take Marrone and EJ

@judybattista's piece: Geno Smith is NFL's worst passer on first down. http://www.nfl.com/n...-watch

@ChrisTrapasso

EJ Manuel has 106.1 rating on 1st down. 6th-best among QBs who've attempted at least 20 passes on 1st. He's 21-of-31 for 194 yds w/ 2TD/0INT

I have to wonder if part of EJ's success on 1st downs is because everyone *knows* Hackett is gonna run on first down (or at least that's the perception).

I don't care for the drama that Rex brings... the results seem to be fairly similar, so I'll take Marrone and EJ

I have to wonder if part of EJ's success on 1st downs is because everyone *knows* Hackett is gonna run on first down (or at least that's the perception).

Good point.

So far the Jets have lost a game because of the coaching staff and one because of the QB. If that was in Buffalo they would have been BBQ'd. Since many here aren't happy with the Bills coach and QB I pose the question who would you rather have? (I would have done this poll style but I tried and it crashed and burned, so the smarter peeps are welcome to do that for me) :doh:

Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll :thumbsup:

Marrone and EJ without a doubt. EJ has bigger upside and doesn't turn it over like Geno. Marrone is a true Head Coach that picks a great team of coordinators and coaches to surround him and lets them do their job. Rex is a great DC that needs a great OC.

A better question for Rex is...who would he prefer at QB? EJ or Geno? If he had EJ, they might be 3-0.