Week 3: Chargers' Game Preparation - Sammy Wins RoW

26CornerBlitz

How do we stop their quick passing attack? Pressure? Ball will come out too quickly. Rivers has mastered this new offensive scheme/approach over the last 18 games. This is my biggest worry against the Bolts. IMO Rivers has been arguably the best quarterback in the league during that time.

Cutler also got the ball out very quickly, sometimes even when guys seemed to be sitting on top of him. Eventually he made poor decisions under pressure because he was playing from behind. Rivers is a more polished QB but has been prone to mistakes as well in his career. If we can rattle him a bit with a few hits he might get a little flustered especially if his OL is unsteady with the noise

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up tempo will be used when time is right

Over the first two games this season the Bills have not cracked the 60-play mark on offense. The Bills had 56 plays on offense in Week 1 and 59 last Sunday. Offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett has the ability to turn up the tempo of the offense at a moment’s notice, but head coach Doug Marrone has chosen to take a more methodical approach on offense the first two weeks. It’s hard to argue with the results. Marrone shed some more light on his plans regarding offensive tempo the first two weeks.

How do we stop their quick passing attack? Pressure? Ball will come out too quickly. Rivers has mastered this new offensive scheme/approach over the last 18 games. This is my biggest worry against the Bolts. IMO Rivers has been arguably the best quarterback in the league during that time.

Apply as much quick pressure as possible and get those hands up for batted passes if they don't get to Rivers. The DBs must get good jams on receivers within the five yard limit from the LoS in order to disrupt the timing of routes.

@Chargers

Go inside the @Keenan13Allen & Richard Sherman matchup with Game Time, presented by @CarlsJr. http://chrg.rs/1ptxz

Ingram, Freeney bring the heat

“We got a big confidence boost from that, but we can’t let it make us too big-headed,” Ingram said. “We’ve got to still stay level-headed, and go out there and work on the Bills this weekend and try to get another victory.”

Like Seattle, the Bills have a quarterback who can run in E.J. Manuel, and an offense focused on running the football.

“They have a great offense,” Ingram said. “They’re 2-0. It’s the same thing -- they have a quarterback that can get outside the pocket, so we’ve just got to go out and play assignment football.”

Grantland: Philip Rivers Is Not Scared, and Other Lessons From Two Weeks of Football

Philip Rivers is as great as everybody said he was. For a long time, I’ve refused to take Rivers seriously. This probably goes back to the days of his Norv Turner teams and their perpetual disappointments down the stretch, and it continued through his awful season two years ago, and even last year’s rebound.

Arizona beat the Chargers....and around here the consensus seems to be that the Chargers are the first team that will really test us.

i think Arizona is looked at surprising due to the number of injuries, departures and suspensions they have had.

They have a lot of injuries with LB Washington and DT Dockett out for the season plus Carson Palmer was out with a shoulder injury vs. the Giants.

ha - we were posting the same thoughts at the same time

Getting a bit of respect from the Charger faithful...

http://www.thepowder...cussion-thread)

Do we all sound that way ? I mean forums and fanbases?

i need to take a good look at myself. well not really a good look. glance perhaps.

Go Bills !

Whisper sweet nothings to him?

Lure him into a chat room ?

Cutler also got the ball out very quickly, sometimes even when guys seemed to be sitting on top of him. Eventually he made poor decisions under pressure because he was playing from behind. Rivers is a more polished QB but has been prone to mistakes as well in his career. If we can rattle him a bit with a few hits he might get a little flustered especially if his OL is unsteady with the noise

Its the Schwartz Way.

do that early and come out the second half keeping Everything underneath the DBs.

But this game is going to played differntly.

mark my words . Jim is going to shuffle the deck and blitz and or disguise it in the 3rd quarter. Who is our NT ? lol.