Week 3: Chargers' Game Preparation - Sammy Wins RoW

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 things to watch for during Bills - Chargers

By Joe Buscaglia

The start to the 2014 regular season couldn’t have gone much better for the Buffalo Bills. They won each of their first two games, which gave them their best start since 2011.

If they can pull off another victory, they’ll match the 2011 team’s record through three games. The next opponents for the Bills? A home date versus the 1-1 San Diego Chargers.

Some keys to the contest:

Bills Focus: Chargers-Bills Preview <5:11>

Chris Brown and John Murphy break down this Sunday's game against San Diego and discuss stopping the run, shutting down Antonio Gates, and pressuring Philip Rivers.

Bills corners see rotation as a plus

The Bills, after experiencing a painful shortage at the position last year due to injury, fortified the position in the offseason and now find themselves with a surplus on the boundary.

Bills offensive coordinator Hackett explains why he never panicked in August

Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett isn’t recognized very often in Western New York.

Such anonymity allowed him to see just how low expectations had sunk for his offence’s prospects in 2014, after five putrid preseason performances.

“It’s funny, people had their heads down,” Hackett said in a phone interview on Friday, “and they were all upset, going, ‘Oh man, you’ve got your Bills gear on.’ I mean, all kinds of people.

“And no one would know who I am or anything, and I’d just smile and tell them, ‘Hey, just believe. Just believe. We’ll be fine.

“Then they’d be like, ‘I don’t know. They look so bad.’ And I said, ‘Hey, it’s preseason. Don’t worry about it … I think we’ll be good.”

Chargers converting despite no run game

It’s not often that an NFL team converts 50 percent of their third downs when they’re run game is producing less that 80 yards rushing per game. But that is the case for the Chargers, who come to Buffalo with the sixth-best third down conversion rate in the league. Bills head coach Doug Marrone provided his take on why he thinks San Diego has been able to move the sticks even when their run game isn’t helping all that much.