Week 3: Chargers' Game Preparation - Sammy Wins RoW

26CornerBlitz

SD_logo-80x90.gif vs. BUF_logo-80x90.gif

NFL.com Chargers vs. Bills Preview

CBS Sports Chargers vs. Bills Preview

Chargers vs. Bills Odds

Chargers vs. Bills History

Bills to test LB Rivers next two days

The Bills don't know exactly how much they can push Rivers in practice this week, but they intend on gauging that as early into the week as possible.

"We're gonna see how he is these first two days," Bills head coach Doug Marrone said on Monday. "They're working him out and seeing if we can get him back on that field. I think from there, then we'll be able to progress and see where he's at."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for this game. I was eagerly anticipating the Miami game but this one has the makings of a come from behind dogfight for us; a real galvanizing game. I'd like us to not only win but have to really dig deep and win on the final drive in order to establish a mentality of anything is possible.

I can't wait for this game. I was eagerly anticipating the Miami game but this one has the makings of a come from behind dogfight for us; a real galvanizing game. I'd like us to not only win but have to really dig deep and win on the final drive in order to establish a mentality of anything is possible.

This game has AFC playoff implications written all over it. Go Bills!!

@Chargers

Head Coach Mike McCoy gave an update this afternoon on Ryan Mathews' MCL sprain. http://www.chargers....4df17e …

Week 2 Target Watch: AFC

Welcome to the Week 2 AFC Target Watch. Below I have all the targets for each player for Week 2 and then below that I have the Red Zone targets and touches for each player for the season to date.

Buffalo Bills

Sammy Watkins: - 4 - 11 - (15), Robert Woods: - 6 - 3 - (9), Fred Jackson: - 3 - 4 - (7), Mike Williams: - 3 - 3 - (6), C.J. Spiller: - 3 - 1 - (4), Scott Chandler: - 1 - 2 - (3), Chris Gragg: - 0 - 2 - (2), Frank Summers: - 1 - 0 - (1), Marquise Goodwin: - 1 - 0 - (1)

San Diego Chargers

Antonio Gates: - 10 - 7 - (17), Eddie Royal: - 6 - 10 - (16), Keenan Allen: - 9 - 6 - (15), Malcom Floyd: - 6 - 1 - (7), Danny Woodhead: - 1 - 5 - (6), Ryan Mathews: - 2 - 2 - (4), Donald Brown: - 0 - 4 - (4), Ladarius Green: - 2 - 0 - (2)

What’s Gone Right With the Bills?

Amid what might have been the worst week in NFL history, the one fan base that actually had something to cheer about heading into Sunday was in Buffalo.

@WGR550

Buffalo Bills' GM Doug Whaley on WGR

Whaley on EJ: "Another encouraging game. He protected the ball."

Whaley on Seantrel Henderson: "We're very excited. We always knew the guy had talent."

Whaley said Henderson has turned things around off the field. "We found out by talking to this guy that he truly loved the game of football"

Whaley on Watkins: "We are more impressed with his approach to being a professional off the field"

"After this game, people are going to take notice. He is going to get more double coverage"

@buffalobills

Whaley on @chargers QB Rivers and TE Gates: "They're like Michael Jordan: I don't know if you can stop them, but you hope to contain them"

interesting interview. I took away from it that he never saw Stevie as a #1 WR and that Stevie was not one who bought into the new coaching staff. never mentioned Stevie but between the lines.

#1 WRs command the attention of defensive coordinators' game plans as a threat to dominate a game. We haven't had anything close to a #1 WR since the heyday of Eric Moulds IMO.

Old School!

BxqHuZCCIAAsegj.png

@TheJoeMarino

#Chargers K Nick Novack has only had 1 touchback in his 11 kickoffs. Opportunities will be there for the #Bills to return kicks on Sunday.

Top 6 ways newcomers have impacted the roster

The new talent that Buffalo’s personnel department has brought to the roster this season has had significant impact in the team’s first two games.

It’s still very early in the 2014 season, but the new talent that Buffalo’s personnel department has brought to the roster this season has had significant impact in the team’s first two games. Here’s a closer look.

Gates looked slow and pudgy in the first game. I think Seattle is overrated anyway. (great at home, average on the road).

I worry more about Keenan Allen than anyone. He can get open against anyone and Rivers can make all the throws.

mathews is hurt, They will be in unfavorable down and distances in the rockin ralph just like Miami was.

Waves of fresh Buffalo pass rushers plus our 3 amigos graham gilmore mckelvin frustrating their receivers, I expect a beatdown on the bolts and a message to the rest of the league.

Gates looked slow and pudgy in the first game. I think Seattle is overrated anyway. (great at home, average on the road).

I worry more about Keenan Allen than anyone. He can get open against anyone and Rivers can make all the throws.

mathews is hurt, They will be in unfavorable down and distances in the rockin ralph just like Miami was.

Waves of fresh Buffalo pass rushers plus our 3 amigos graham gilmore mckelvin frustrating their receivers, I expect a beatdown on the bolts and a message to the rest of the league.

He is really talented and can make the impossible catch as well. The key, again, as it was with Cutler will be be putting pressure on Rivers to make less than perfect throws or decisions and to make them one-dimensional. As with Cutler I don't think you can expect to shut down their offense like we did with Tannehill but hopefully contain it and find a way to score at least 1 more point.

:cry:

Michael Purinton@NickelCityBills 6m

Philip Rivers has the third-highest completion percentage inside the red zone in 2013 and 2014 (min 20 att) pic.twitter.com/Ph5rYUfpoq

BxqfoxGIcAAvdDQ.png

He is really talented and can make the impossible catch as well. The key, again, as it was with Cutler will be be putting pressure on Rivers to make less than perfect throws or decisions and to make them one-dimensional. As with Cutler I don't think you can expect to shut down their offense like we did with Tannehill but hopefully contain it and find a way to score at least 1 more point.

I think Gilmore matches up really well with Allen. Gilmore plays his best football against big WRs, so I'm looking for that matchup if I'm Buffalo.

As for SD's OL, the trio of Troutman-Ohrnberger-Rinehart are vulnerable up the middle, and King Dunlap is a bit banged up at LT (and not really built to match up against a speed rusher like Jerry Hughes). I think we can pressure them. Corey Graham needs to be the guy that takes on Antonio Gates if we want any chance at containing him.

If there is any potential mismatch here, it's Buffalo's running game against SD's run D. They have been very weak (from what I've seen) at flowing to the football, and are missing a LOT of tackles once they do get there. The one guy in their front 7 that is a rock is Donald Butler, but Melvin Ingram and Jeremiah Attaochu can bring the heat from the outside as well.