Week 3: Chargers' Game Preparation - Sammy Wins RoW

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is quite amazing.

If that is the case than think of how well Preston Brown, Keith Rivers, Scott Chandler, Chris Williams, Erik Pears, and Garrison Sanborne have been playing! Even Brandon Spikes for that matter.

EJ may very well be the weakest link on this team, but that is saying something more about this team than it is EJ.

Well, Sanborn notwithstanding...What you say makes sense. So what if EJ is the weakest link on an otherwise strong team?

Big test this Sunday...if the defense can control Rivers we just might be on to something.

Commitment to routine makes Jerry Hughes special

Sticking to a routine is the very thing that has made Hughes into the quarterback terrorizer he is today.

Starters on special teams have set tone

The Bills not only have back-to-back winners for AFC Special Teams Player of the Week in Dan Carpenter and C.J. Spiller, they’ve got a host of starters playing important roles on their special teams units under coordinator Danny Crossman. Head coach Doug Marrone said the impact of their core special teamers and starters from offense and defense on those units has been critical.

David Baker: Presenting the Ring of Excellence <11:47>

Pro Football HOF President/Executive Director David Baker joined The John Murphy Show to discuss this weekend's HOF ring presentation to Andre Reed, which will take place at halftime of Sunday's Bills game.

9/17: BILLS' INJURY REPORT

Fred Jackson: "We Have A Lot of Great Leaders" <3:07>

Running back Fred Jackson talks about dealing with the hype of being 2-0 and executing in the red zone.

Phillip Rivers: "They are playing good football" <9:28>

Chargers QB Phillip Rivers talked to the Buffalo media via conference call. He weighed in on the Bills defensive backs, losing Ryan Matthews in the backfield, and the Buffalo connections on their staff.

@JoeBuscaglia: Chargers injury report: DNP: LB Attaochu, CB Flowers, LB Freeney, TE Gates, LB Ingram, HB Mathews.

Chargers TE Gates doesn’t practice

Mike McCoy: "We have to do everything right" <6:02>

Chargers head coach Mike McCoy discusses traveling east to play, his relationship with Doug Marrone, and the many Buffalo connections on the Chargers staff.

EJ Manuel: Bolts' D one of best in NFL

Buffalo Bills quarterback EJ Manuel and coach Doug Marrone took a page from the Lou Holtz playbook of conducting media interviews during conference calls with San Diego-area reporters on Wednesday.

Much like the former Notre Dame coach, Manuel and Marrone spent the better part their interviews heaping praise on their opponent this week, the San Diego Chargers.

Antonio Gates: "We Have to Match Their Intensity" <6:29>

Tight end Antonio Gates addresses the media on Wednesday.

Buffalo Bills vs. San Diego Chargers Preview: Matchups, Keys To Game Sleepers to Watch

Following an emotional victory for the Buffalo Bills last weekend, they’ll face off with the San Diego Chargers (1-1) in what could be a huge measuring stick for the team going forward. The Chargers are coming off of a big win over the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks. Both teams are looking to prove that they can contend for their respective division titles this season, so it’ll be a game that means a lot for both sides.

As I like to do each week, I’ll take a look at some player matchups, keys to the game and sleepers to watch that could determine the outcome of the game.

errr, that would be Chas Rinehart.......RESPECT

Will no one EVER get his name right ?

Everyone should respect the twice probowler who could play a mean ukelele whilst twirling plates and blinking each eye in time to the star spangled banner.

I heard from a trusted source he was raised by Liberace and wonderful singing pet ostriches.

Go Chuck !

Bills press and pressure at the opening of the second half .

I would suggest a bit more Pettine at some point to rattle the the QB.

Take care of Gates and the quick stuff. Never let him settle down.

wait isnt that always a plan ?

I've been saying that for a while on this forum but people called me crazy

Well...

Legursky time?

@Chargers: Practice participation report: Ohrnberger limited.

Full report: http://t.co/KKwe84TU6K

I will continue to plead.

The stars are about to align.

Some of you folks can see it too , right ?

Rivers reminds me of Kelly. Tough as nails, plays hurts, not fleet of foot but can improvise a scramble when he has to, plays the full 60, doesn't care how it looks, wins "ugly"

The guy is a gamer. And should be respected . He is the key to the game I bet .

Good point Joe .

Once again, 26, an outstanding job bringing so many disparate links to one thread. Thank you for continuing to take the time to do this. :thumbsup:

Da Bolts caught Seattle in a trap week. Packers and Broncs are much more imposing than the Bolts are. So SD got a big win and are giddy about it. But they're traveling east and have a 3 hour time difference and will be playing the early 1:00PM game.

We've got a real home field advantage. Now is the time for The Bills to avenge that 1981 playoff destroying loss to the Bolts in SD when Fouts hit Ron Smith for a 50 yard Game Winning TD when Bill Simpson fell down.

Well they say revenge is a dish best served cold---and old, apparently.

Last week I was very confident the Bills would not have a letdown week. There were just too many good, and exciting, things happening for the players to get complacent for their home opener against Miami. While I don't expect them to have a letdown week this Sunday, I'm not nearly as certain it can't happen.

OTOH, San Diego having upset Seattle, and on the road--all the way across the country---is also ripe for an off week.

This should be a good one.

Doug Marrone on Philip Rivers, San Diego RB's <3:00>

The Bills head coach talks about why Philip Rivers is so impressive, the Chargers running game, and trying to get better each week.

Doug Marrone on Development of Henderson <3:23>

The Bills head coach talks about the development of Seantrel Henderson, and what has been the difference between the preseason and the regular season.

Doug Marrone on Antonio Gates, Chargers Strengths <5:36>

The Bills head coach talks about the difference in special teams this season, his thoughts on tight end Antonio Gates, and what makes San Diego a good football team.

EJ Manuel: "Continue to Work" <10:13>

Quarterback EJ Manuel talks about preparing for the Chargers and what Center Eric Wood asked him about after the Dolphins game.