Eagles player leaves 20 cent tip at restaurant

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I once got sued for $2m, for the intent to commit mental anguish , because I questioned a tip that a customer left wait staff. It went on for a few years. The jerk eventually got nothing.

I'm currently being sued by two different individuals... Both basically written in crayon... Love working for the DOC

I personally don't like the whole concept of tipping.

People in the service industry (Wait Staff/Bartenders, etc) should be paid a decent wage to do their job. If they do it well, they keep their job and get raises. If not, they get canned.

Customers should not have to decide whether or not a tip is earned.

I have no idea what happened. Given that it is a pretty well known burger place in Philly, as well as the likelihood they probably knew who it was that they were serving, I would be surprised if the service was horrible. Also, the owner's public explanation seems pretty genuine. However, maybe it really was bad service, or maybe something was said between the staff and McCoy's party.

I personally don't like the whole concept of tipping.

People in the service industry (Wait Staff/Bartenders, etc) should be paid a decent wage to do their job. If they do it well, they keep their job and get raises. If not, they get canned.

Customers should not have to decide whether or not a tip is earned.

Almost everyone would agree. However, in this country, that is how our society works. I more than doubt McCoy was attempting to make a statement on the social issues surrounding tipping.

I would have loved to work for a guy like that. Risking his business to defend his employee. Unheard of. Hopefully the public will see it that way. Then again, in that city, I doubt it.

I hate stories like this. It is so obnoxious that things like this get traction. Oh he is a multimillion dollar athlete he better leave a big tip. 1 of 2 things happened here. LeSean McCoy was a jerk to the wait staff (the owner's story) and wasn't kicked out for acting like that or the service was terrible and the owner should have spoken to or disciplined the employee. Either way this reeks of a publicity stunt by the owner because as I am looking at it there were 2 much better IN HOUSE options to solve this situation.

Another social media hero gets to pat himself on the back for shaming somebody.

Congrats on finishing first in the race to the right side of this issue, Mother Teresa.

If you followed the link it was a ****ty tipper not lousy service.

Except he has a history of both eating there and tipping well when he does. So...

Time to crank up the social media outrage machine to correct this wrong.

Yup.

I hate stories like this. It is so obnoxious that things like this get traction. Oh he is a multimillion dollar athlete he better leave a big tip. 1 of 2 things happened here. LeSean McCoy was a jerk to the wait staff (the owner's story) and wasn't kicked out for acting like that or the service was terrible and the owner should have spoken to or disciplined the employee. Either way this reeks of a publicity stunt by the owner because as I am looking at it there were 2 much better IN HOUSE options to solve this situation.

No, he doesn't need to leave a large tip. Just an appropriate one. It's not tough to imagine McCoy being in the wrong here, given his usual attitude and immaturity.