Oscar Pistorius found not guilty of murder

Doc

I haven't been following this very closely. I know what's going on and I know about the crime, but I don't know how much it's gotten the attention of their nation.

Is this like their version of the OJ trial, or is it not on that grand a scale?

I'm not too shocked by this; solely because there was no jury. My personal feeling is that he is a murderer; but that means nothing.

Wow. Didn't think that was going to happen.

http://sports.yahoo....-104616981.html

Didn't expect that either. Seeing some reactions of people who have appointed themselves judge, jury and executioner reminded me of the old movie '12 Angry Men'. I am not a lawyer but it appears that the prosecution couldn't provide a convincing enough case in favor of first-degree murder.

I haven't been following this very closely. I know what's going on and I know about the crime, but I don't know how much it's gotten the attention of their nation.

Is this like their version of the OJ trial, or is it not on that grand a scale?

I'm not too shocked by this; solely because there was no jury. My personal feeling is that he is a murderer; but that means nothing.

Absolutely. He is / was considered the most recognizable current athlete in their country. It is their "crime of the century" trial.

At least it's nice to know that fame and money can buy you freedom in South Africa just like it can in the US! What a joke.