Beware Knowshon Moreno

Just watched the Miami-NE game (that shortcuts feature is awesome ... you can see a whole game in about 35 minutes) and their RB Knowshon Moreno is the real deal. Many of you are familiar with him from Denver. He is a tough RB that is very difficult to tackle. He single handedly shredded NE's defense. Total yards for him were 134. Buffalo will have it's hands full on Sunday but I think they are up to the task.

Mike Wallace also looked good making some tough catches and positive yardage.

Overall, Miami looked decent on Sunday and did not back down from NE ... Miami was persistent and had a good game plan for NE.

IMHO, if we can somehow contain Moreno and get pressure on Tannehill, Buffalo should come away with the win.

Go Bills!

Edited by DallasBillsFan1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both overrated! One solid game with no substantial previous profomance to backup beyond last week.

I really don't put much value in Knowshon stats while playing with Peyton, almost every player has great stats when they play with him.

As for Wallace we just defended three legit wide recievers and Matt Forte. Not concerned.

Game will be won based on how well our O does against their D. We already know the Bills D will handle the Fins O. Plus, last time we played it was 19-0. Try not to overrate the oppinions of the National Media they only correctly predicted a few games last week.

My recipe to stop him, Wallace, & Fairyhill hit them on first, second, third & fourth down. Hit them hard, keep on hitting them until they break.

As per our offense, run the ball & have our bigs lay wood on their bigs. Our FB most destroy their MLB. Take them to the backyard & chop some wood.

I am a little concerned, even though I always thought Moreno was lousy. My concern is more generally re the run defense. I think we gave up 85 yards on 17 carries to forte, for a 4.8 ypc. Going into the season, I thought we would be a little more stout than that. Might just be a function of the bears having so many weapons that we had to deal with.

He got 91 of his 134 yards in the 2nd half, after the Pats defense was worn down by the heat.

I don't understand this logic, 5 of the Patriots front 7 played college ball in the south, in fact both DTs and all 3 LBs. Why would they all of the sudden have issues with playing in the heat? They all seemed to do just fine playing in the heat in college. Wilfork, Mayo, Collins, Hightower, Easley all excelled in playing in the heat. Now they're vulnerable to it? Players having trouble in snow I get, but a player who has trouble playing in 90 degree weather makes no sense unless that player doesn't know how to hydrate.

Still think this match-up is even better than Chicago because the Phins are more one-dimensional.

They have less skill players to worry about.

NE was kind of unlucky to get the Phins first, because they had no film with Moreno in this system to game plan with.

It'll be less of a surprise for Buffalo. Plus, our defense has focused on stopping the run and we get Bradham back this week.

I don't understand this logic, 5 of the Patriots front 7 played college ball in the south, in fact both DTs and all 3 LBs. Why would they all of the sudden have issues with playing in the heat? They all seemed to do just fine playing in the heat in college. Wilfork, Mayo, Collins, Hightower, Easley all excelled in playing in the heat. Now they're vulnerable to it? Players having trouble in snow I get, but a player who has trouble playing in 90 degree weather makes no sense unless that player doesn't know how to hydrate.

Truth.

It's just an excuse.

Forte is a much better RB.

Cutler>Tannehill

Marshal>Wallace

Jeffries>Hartline

Forte>Moreno

Playing defense in the jack'd up Ralph>Playing defense on the road

Flukes, blown plays and utter breakdowns aside, what the !@#$ do we have to be scared of from the team that could only put up 103 YFS last year in a 3/4 full Ralph two days before Christmas!?

AT A TIME WHEN THEY HAD A LEGITIMATE SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS.

They got five new OLineman and a new OC with a stupid last name. Great. We got Brandon Spikes, Corey Graham and a reborn Nigel Bradham.

Things would have to go SERIOUSLY wrong for them to move the ball consistently and put points on the board by going out and beating up on our D.

I think it's quite simple. Your body adjusts. I've lived all over the place and within month's I've adjusted, temperature wise, to where I was living. For example, I lived in Los Angeles, which is dry heat, when I went home to Buffalo occasionally, the humidity killed me and I would sweat, a lot.

These guys have been practising and training in New England, where the heat and humidity might not be nearly as high as in South Florida. It's almost like how the Bronco's have home advantage when team's travel to Denver. I'm sure there are players who are from Denver or higher altitudes, but struggle when they travel there for a game. Maybe the effects don't show right away, but they do over time.

Cutler>Tannehill

Marshal>Wallace

Jeffries>Hartline

Forte>Moreno

Playing defense in the jack'd up Ralph>Playing defense on the road

Flukes, blown plays and utter breakdowns aside, what the !@#$ do we have to be scared of from the team that could only put up 103 YFS last year in a 3/4 full Ralph two days before Christmas!?

AT A TIME WHEN THEY HAD A LEGITIMATE SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS.

They got five new OLineman and a new OC with a stupid last name. Great. We got Brandon Spikes, Corey Graham and a reborn Nigel Bradham.

Things would have to go SERIOUSLY wrong for them to move the ball consistently and put points on the board by going out and beating up on our D.

We have a different defense, it's a bit early to start making such bold predictions based on last year's teams. :)

I am a little concerned, even though I always thought Moreno was lousy. My concern is more generally re the run defense. I think we gave up 85 yards on 17 carries to forte, for a 4.8 ypc. Going into the season, I thought we would be a little more stout than that. Might just be a function of the bears having so many weapons that we had to deal with.

Forte is still one of the top backs in the league.

I would not underestimate Moreno. Or Miami. Or any team which has beaten the Patriots this year.

That said, the Patriots run defense was abysmal last year, which wasn't helped by them putting Spikes on IR because the Hoodie had a hissy fit.

Matt Forte is a hell of a running back, and I would venture to say that he's better than Spiller or Jackson on their own. With Spikes, Brown and Bradham in the lineup on Sunday...well, Moreno is a power back, so I would like to see Spikes maul the guy all day.

I would say that with all of the WR threats the Bears had, Schwartz cooked up a "bend don't break" gameplan. Miami had good receivers, but I remember hearing in the offseason that the Bears WR corps had crowned themselves bet in the league, and the talking heads seemed to agree with them at the time.

I'm not sure if I would trade them for Watkins, Woods and Williams right now. :nana:

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman