Organizational Topic with Pegs, Return of Bill Polian

AtlBills

Just a thought, with Ralph's passing, the issues between these two are over. Mr Polian has built 3 different organizations into winning, Super Bowl contenders. He knows how to organize, structure , scout and build a winning Football culture. I agree he got stale during his stay in Indy and tried to groom his son to be heir apparent and took his eye off the ball.

Don't you believe he would love one more shot to get his beloved Bills back on top?? His ESPN gig is just not his style, he needs to be actively engaged with real football. He knows talent, scouting, and players...I for one would love to see this move. Thoughts??

Except for drafting four other potential hall of famers (Freeny, Wayne, James, and Mathis).

And winning a SB in the 2006 season. That was before Chris was elevated into a more senior role IIRC.

Only GM to be successful before and after the cap went into effect.

Move on as good as Polian was at the age of 71 I don't think he has it in him any more. But if the Bills put together a successful season this year its clear that the Whaley regime deserves another year or two to continue to build. If it all falls apart this year then the team needs to bring in a fresh new regime that can rebuild. Its just not 1990 anymore.

I would bring him in as VP in charge of all on-field football operations. The Pegulas will need an independent football guy to guide them. Who better than Polian? I would continue to let Whaley be GM, with overall final decision making in Polian. Whaley has shown enough to be given some latitude, but I would love to see Polian have input. Don't forget Polian drafted Jerry Hughes number 1. He certainly looked like a number 1 last year. With Polian you have a time tested and brilliant mind in your draft room. Go get him!

Just a thought, with Ralph's passing, the issues between these two are over. Mr Polian has built 3 different organizations into winning, Super Bowl contenders. He knows how to organize, structure , scout and build a winning Football culture. I agree he got stale during his stay in Indy and tried to groom his son to be heir apparent and took his eye off the ball.

Don't you believe he would love one more shot to get his beloved Bills back on top?? His ESPN gig is just not his style, he needs to be actively engaged with real football. He knows talent, scouting, and players...I for one would love to see this move. Thoughts??

Maybe get Pop Warner to coach the team and see if Bronco Nagurski's available.