Making the trip from Mexico to Buffalo for this sunday's game!

JMora

Fellow TBDers, I am overloaded with happiness and joy, as surely all of you are, because of the Pegula announcement. We all deserve it and it certainly feels like the greatest feeling in the world. This feels like we just won the Super Bowl (hopefully we'll get the chance to compare those two feelings very soon)!

I am 33 and from Mexico City (lived all my life here). Have been a Bills fan since I was 9, when I bet on Super Bowl 25 with a fellow classmate - the loser had to cut his hair. I had never watched an entire NFL game before that January 1991 day, but since that day (by accident at first, and by love from then on) I have bleed love for our Buffalo Bills.

Watched all four of the SBs and every single regular season game since NFL Sunday Ticket was made available here (1996). Experienced every high and low this franchise had lived in the past two decades, and along the way have read many of you since those days (I remember even visiting a GoBills.com website to get my daily fix of Buffalo Bills news and rumours.

I had always dreamt of being at a game at then Rich, now Ralph Wilson Stadium. However, I was too young (or not economically able enough) to accomplish my dream. Fortunately, that has changed in the recent years. I traveled to Houston in 2012 to catch my first Buffalo Bills live game. Bought first row tickets on the Bills sideline for the game at Reliant - it turned out to be a little sour experience for me and my Bills-converted wife (not just the loss, we were constantly harrassed by local fans and I didn't expect people to spend the entire game screaming insults at our players, not giving our ears a rest for even a minute). However, it was a dream come true and we are ready to go back there for the game in three weeks!!!!

Fast forward to today: with the win at Chicago, the Pegula announcement earlier today, and after listening to many people on WGR, I decided to pull the trigger. Didn't care to overpay for the game tickets, the custom jersey, the last-minute flights... I AM FINALLY GOING TO THE RALPH THIS SUNDAY!!!!!! Section 134 Row 44

I knew I couldn't miss this game. It feels like it will be one of those games etched in Bills history, and I am so excited and privileged to be joining the team and all of the fans to live and experience it.

I would appreciate if you could help me with some tips and pointers so we get to live the best gameday experience of our lives. We are flying Saturday morning and arriving on Saturday night. Other than the game and the plane tickets, I still need to book hotel, car rental and all of that. I don't know how to get to the stadium, if I will be welcomed to tailgate with fellow fans... also, where to hang out after the game... all of that. I have dreamt of being a Buffalo Bills fan at a Buffalo Bills game and it's finally coming true, so I want it to be as true and special as it can get.

Thank you for all your help and hope to see you at The Ralph on Sunday!

Go Bills!

Edited by JMora

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap! I wish I could shake your hand on Sunday! what a day for your first Bills home game!

I hope some of the regulars give you the red carpet treatment Sunday.

And if you witness anyone joyfully copulating in the parking lots, please be understanding- we've been through a lot.

holy crap! I wish I could shake your hand on Sunday! what a day for your first Bills home game!

I hope some of the regulars give you the red carpet treatment Sunday.

And if you witness anyone joyfully copulating in the parking lots, please be understanding- we've been through a lot.

Wish I could shake yours too. Hey, we wouldn't mind joining in. It would be even bigger and better than the grand final act of Perfume.

You picked like the best game IN THE WORLD to go too! Enjoy it brother. It's going to be an animal house

I know! it just felt right brother. Will enjoy every second, every first down, even every run up the middle for 2yds! :D

Don't drink the water!!

oh wait. never mind.

Welcome!

Thanks! Don't believe in Chromium 6, I just believe in a Tannehill Pick 6.

Win or loss, you will not regret it. :thumbsup:

Will never regret it, no matter what the scoreboard says. That being said, I would happily welcome a squishing of the fish to make it just perfect. :thumbsup:

Edited by JMora

for Hotels, I'd recommend staying downtown (get to see the city) and you can either drive or take a car to Orchard Park. Check out hotels.com or a similar site. It's not far away.

Most people will welcome you to their tailgate, esp. if you bring beer. Bye the beer on Saturday, however, because stores will not be selling beer by the time you will want to be at the Stadium.

Get to the stadium early, as early as you can. There will be tons of people there, esp. this Sunday. I recommend parking somewhere by/on Southwestern Blvd. Generally easy to get in an out of, and the walk to the stadium takes you past may other awesome Bills fans and tailgates. You should also check out the Field House, it has some cool pre-game activities.

Also, try to hit up Duff's restaurant when you are in the area. Best wings in the City. Eat Beef on Weck at the game.

Enjoy!

Most people will welcome you to their tailgate, esp. if you bring beer. Bye the beer on Saturday, however, because stores will not be selling beer by the time you will want to be at the Stadium.

You can buy beer Sunday mornings now, so that shouldn't be an issue. Tequila on the other hand.....

That's awesome that this will be your first home game, it's going to be rocking! Airport to downtown Buffalo is 10-15 minutes, very close. You can rent a car right at the airport, check the buffalo/niagara airport website. Downtown to OP will probably be 20 minutes with traffic, 30 at the most. Tailgating is great in Buffalo, just wear your Bills colors and you'll be welcomed with open arms....

The Hyatt, Hampton Inn, or Embassy Suites would be the best places to stay downtown. But there are other options as well...

Have Fun!!! GO BILLS!!!!

Edited by ricojes

Fellow TBDers, I am overloaded with happiness and joy, as surely all of you are, because of the Pegula announcement. We all deserve it and it certainly feels like the greatest feeling in the world. This feels like we just won the Super Bowl (hopefully we'll get the chance to compare those two feelings very soon)!

I am 33 and from Mexico City (lived all my life here). Have been a Bills fan since I was 9, when I bet on Super Bowl 25 with a fellow classmate - the loser had to cut his hair. I had never watched an entire NFL game before that January 1991 day, but since that day (by accident at first, and by love from then on) I have bleed love for our Buffalo Bills.

Watched all four of the SBs and every single regular season game since NFL Sunday Ticket was made available here (1996). Experienced every high and low this franchise had lived in the past two decades, and along the way have read many of you since those days (I remember even visiting a GoBills.com website to get my daily fix of Buffalo Bills news and rumours.

I had always dreamt of being at a game at then Rich, now Ralph Wilson Stadium. However, I was too young (or not economically able enough) to accomplish my dream. Fortunately, that has changed in the recent years. I traveled to Houston in 2012 to catch my first Buffalo Bills live game. Bought first row tickets on the Bills sideline for the game at Reliant - it turned out to be a little sour experience for me and my Bills-converted wife (not just the loss, we were constantly harrassed by local fans and I didn't expect people to spend the entire game screaming insults at our players, not giving our ears a rest for even a minute). However, it was a dream come true and we are ready to go back there for the game in three weeks!!!!

Fast forward to today: with the win at Chicago, the Pegula announcement earlier today, and after listening to many people on WGR, I decided to pull the trigger. Didn't care to overpay for the game tickets, the custom jersey, the last-minute flights... I AM FINALLY GOING TO THE RALPH THIS SUNDAY!!!!!! Section 134 Row 44

I knew I couldn't miss this game. It feels like it will be one of those games etched in Bills history, and I am so excited and privileged to be joining the team and all of the fans to live and experience it.

I would appreciate if you could help me with some tips and pointers so we get to live the best gameday experience of our lives. We are flying Saturday morning and arriving on Saturday night. Other than the game and the plane tickets, I still need to book hotel, car rental and all of that. I don't know how to get to the stadium, if I will be welcomed to tailgate with fellow fans... also, where to hang out after the game... all of that. I have dreamt of being a Buffalo Bills fan at a Buffalo Bills game and it's finally coming true, so I want it to be as true and special as it can get.

Thank you for all your help and hope to see you at The Ralph on Sunday!

Go Bills!

Glad to have ya, you wont have any problems crossing the border B-)

Why don't one of you take JMora under your wing and be his guide for the weekend? He's coming from freakin' Mexico City (Distrito Federal) for heavens sake, so let's assume that renting a car at the airport, getting downtown to a hotel then trying to negotiate his way to the Ralph for the game might all prove to be at least a little bit confusing. And advice like "stay downtown," "Hammer's Lot," et al, though well-intentioned, are probably useless. Considering he'll probably get in late Saturday, I think his best bet would be a motel closer to the stadium, like the ones in Hamburg. Or if one of you has a spare bedroom...Hey, Hands Across The Border and all that. Maybe one of you can give him your cell number so he can make contact in case of a jam-up. Heck, Scott Sarama might want to connect with him and do a story for TBD.

And before anyone get's on me for not doing any of those things I'm suggesting, well, he's welcome to stay here in LA and watch the game with me at the local pub.