Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there still people on this thread that think that he won't be unanimously approved? Just wondering and if so what makes you think that another owner would object?

What reasonable objection could any owner have? Franchise was bought for a record price, they all just saw the values of their own teams increase, they get a double-whammy of a minority owner (Asian/female), and it appears down the road they'll get the fancy new stadium.

That's a no-brainer, even for Jerrah.

What reasonable objection could any owner have? Franchise was bought for a record price, they all just saw the values of their own teams increase, they get a double-whammy of a minority owner (Asian/female), and it appears down the road they'll get the fancy new stadium.

That's a no-brainer, even for Jerrah.

Agree, he'll be unanimous. But, I'd bet there are a couple owners that didn't want Pegula to win the bid. They would never vote against him, and probably never state it publicly, but I'm sure they looked at the longer term landscape of the NFL and thought a Toronto based franchise served their interests more than a record setting price for the Bills.

Again, it'll be unanimous, as it should, but I suspect we haven't heard the last of a franchise in Toronto, it just won't be the Bills.

Are there still people on this thread that think that he won't be unanimously approved? Just wondering and if so what makes you think that another owner would object?

There are people who believe the world is flat. You will never get unanimity from a public forum. Don't worry about the fringe element---it will always exist. Facts will never be a factor in changing their iron-clad views. Their door is not only closed but it has multiple locks and chains preventing the real world to intrude on their fantasy.

Any aspirations anyone in that room had in moving the Bills anywhere (Toronto) was likely dashed shortly after Wilson died and rumblings that Pegula was being discussed at owners meetings.

There is likely a plan B now or a few possible plan Bs that now all include the Bills staying in Buffalo with Pegula as owner.

I believe there are still a few on this board who believe JBJ (with the backing of the NFL) still has a very good chance to get the Bills and move them directly to Toronto. After all, if the NFL wants that outcome (which they obviously do---haven't you people been paying attention), that will be the outcome. Just wait for the Big Surprise, when the owners unanimously reject Pegula and instate JBJ in an NFL coup for the ages.

It will be unanimous. If Shad Khan got unanimous approval for a < $800M purchase of a Jacksonville team with a non-relocation term of 25 years, then Pegula gets unanimous approval of a $1.4B purchase.

And there's the fact that the other owners are thrilled with a guy like that joining their club.

I believe there are still a few on this board who believe JBJ (with the backing of the NFL) still has a very good chance to get the Bills and move them directly to Toronto. After all, if the NFL wants that outcome (which they obviously do---haven't you people been paying attention), that will be the outcome. Just wait for the Big Surprise, when the owners unanimously reject Pegula and instate JBJ in an NFL coup for the ages.

I was just wondering if anyone could present an argument as to why an owner may object? I know some people will not believe it even after it happens. There still hasn't been a logical reason yet but as of a week ago people were saying that Jerry or Kraft would vote it down but with zero reason why.

I was just wondering if anyone could present an argument as to why an owner may object? I know some people will not believe it even after it happens. There still hasn't been a logical reason yet but as of a week ago people were saying that Jerry or Kraft would vote it down but with zero reason why.

Maybe out of spite but thats a stupid reason.

I still think all owners vote yes

CBF

Maybe it's because Kraft is going to lose his divisional punching bag in the Bills with Pegula as owner? If MLSE owned them they would always suck, like the Leafs.

Agree, he'll be unanimous. But, I'd bet there are a couple owners that didn't want Pegula to win the bid. They would never vote against him, and probably never state it publicly, but I'm sure they looked at the longer term landscape of the NFL and thought a Toronto based franchise served their interests more than a record setting price for the Bills.

Again, it'll be unanimous, as it should, but I suspect we haven't heard the last of a franchise in Toronto, it just won't be the Bills.

You may be correct about a few owners salivating over the long-term prospects of a Toronto franchise, but I disagree it remains a possibility now or in the future. With a franchise in Buffalo they will never get a team. The Bills would (rightfully) claim infringement on their market share. At least that's my take on it.

Can't think of a reason, Kirby. Maybe someone has a personal grudge we don't know about. But at this level, knowing their negative vote would have no impact, I can't see any purpose in that empty exercise.

You may be correct about a few owners salivating over the long-term prospects of a Toronto franchise, but I disagree it remains a possibility now or in the future. With a franchise in Buffalo they will never get a team. The Bills would (rightfully) claim infringement on their market share. At least that's my take on it.

I don't think it will happen either. When it comes up, and it WILL come up, I expect the Pegulas to fight it HARD and argue that it is part of the Buffalo Bills territory.

My point was that the NFL wants to expand internationally and the Canadian market (on the surface) is much easier logistically and economically. With the Pegulas purchase, he's taken Toronto out of the short term equation for the NFL. I think some owners realize that might be a good short term decision, but not a great long term one.

Again, he'll be approved unanimously, and I don't believe Toronto will get a franchise, but I do think the NFL (especially a few owners) will push for it.

Plus, I'm still convinced locating an NFL franchise outside of the US would present a real problem (politically at least, legally at worst) with regards to the league's unique 501©6 tax-exempt status. In my mind, there has to be a reason the biggest, baddest and wealthiest professional sports league of them all is the only one to have not yet cracked the Canadian market.

Pegula will sail through the process with the NFL. I am sure he has already been vetted, otherwise the Trust would not have moved forward with him. In any event, the last thing the NFL needs now is any more bad press. The Bills potentially leaving Buffalo would have been another PR problem for the NFL.