Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

Valid points, all. Just watching NFL Total Access (on NFL Network) and they put the sale on their "rotation" of stories they are covering, but they spent a total of about 1 minute on the sale and a brief Pegula bio. It's simply not sensational (for non-Bills fans, who just don't get it).

By contrast, for those of us in Bills nation, this story is everything. In fairness, how can outsiders possibly understand the significance of how our gritty little town continues to hang with the big boys in the NFL. And someday, may rule them all. Wow.

Its not official yet. It wont be official for a month. Then all the national networks will have the press conference live, interviews with Pegula and all that stuff. Right now there isnt much to say but good for you Buffalo. Edited by TheTruthHurts

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not official yet. It wont be official for a month. Then all the national networks will have the press conference live, interviews with Pegula and all that stuff. Right now there isnt much to say but good for you Buffalo.

Of course. But would that matter if they were moving to another market? Would the lack of press conferences matter if "rock star" John Bon Jovi got the nod today? Do you think they networks would wait for it to be "official" if Donald freakin' Trump won the bid? Trust me, this would be a big story.

But as I said, I'm glad it isn't. A circus would get reported now. A solid, logical and expected choice does not, I'm all for that,.

Of course. But would that matter if they were moving to another market? Would the lack of press conferences matter if "rock star" John Bon Jovi got the nod today? Do you think they networks would wait for it to be "official" if Donald freakin' Trump won the bid? Trust me, this would be a big story.

But as I said, I'm glad it isn't. A circus would get reported now. A solid, logical and expected choice does not, I'm all for that,.

I'm not really sure what there is to cover? If a celebrity got the team then there is a story. If the team were relocating then there is a story. Now all they can do is report the agreement. In a month it will be Bills all day. Pegulas will be doing interviews everywhere.

Just like when Pegula reached agreement with Golisano. It took a few months before it became official.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

i turned on Schopp around 6 and listened to both say they don't really care if they win and they don't feel anything emotional about the team. Explains a lot. I don't need a cheerleading squad but listening to them yawn through something like this is annoying.

I listened to them for about 90 minutes today, and I never heard Schoop say this?

He was annoying to me in that he was saying something like it didn't really mean much to him that they were staying, because he figured they would be for months, but that he was really looking forward to them turning things around now.

Bulldog really "got" the whole thing. The big picture, what it means to us all.

I want to read about what the trust was advised to do. I know someone tweeted we would all be impressed by what it directed. I am guessing they do not want to let that out of the bag until after the vote though. But if TP did offer 1.4B it really does not matter I am thinking that is the highest bid.

I wish somebody would write a book about the last 6 months.

This made my day! I am a second generation Bills fan, my Dad grew up in Buffalo and was at the Rock Pile in 1960 to watch the original team. I was ready to quit football if the Bills moved. I am so happy this will not be necessary. Should I be so lucky, I look forward to creating a 3rd generation of Bills fans! Thanks you Terry and Kim... Thank you Mr. Wilson!

Happy Day Indeed !

I'm not really sure what there is to cover? If a celebrity got the team then there is a story. If the team were relocating then there is a story. Now all they can do is report the agreement. In a month it will be Bills all day. Pegulas will be doing interviews everywhere.

Just like when Pegula reached agreement with Golisano. It took a few months before it became official.

I believe that is exactly what I am saying. but I;m trying to make a larger point.

Being bought by "a celebrity" really isn't a story by any journalistic standard. But it would be reported differently and far more aggressively, with or without press conferences.

Once it is official, and Pegula starts actually speaking to the press (if he even decides to do much) it will be old news,. I predicts this will never be a big story.

Pegula buying the Sabres is a completely different, as nobody even knew about it until it became official (at least that is my recollection). This has been publicly discussed and followed from the beginning. . Hell, the first story about Trump bidding and a few about JBJ got more national press than the actual sale.

But once again, I'm trying to point out, it's a good thing. A big story only happens when it is bad news, or if a "celebrity" buys the team.

Does anyone remember the media coverage when Miami was sold? I don't. Who cares that it is a non-story. It would be a story if the Bills were moving to LA.

I'll stop pressing this point after this post.

Do you remember coverage of the Miami sale, prior to the announcement? I don't.

In fact, I remember no coverage of most any NFL sale until the announcement. And then, yes, it has been a bit more than this--but because of the press conferences, etc.

This is one of the few publicly discussed sales, while in process, of an NFL team in quite a while, I think.

Edited by The Dean

Does anyone remember the media coverage when Miami was sold? I don't. Who cares that it is a non-story. It would be a story if the Bills were moving to LA.

That's true, but over the past 6 months, there has been an awful lot of media coverage devoted to the possibility of the Bills moving. There were no news stories or rumors surrounding a potential Dolphins move because Wayne Huizenga actually still owns 5% of the team--- there was no opportunity for drama, really.

Sorry if already posted, but Sal Capaccio did a special show 12-3 today to talk about the sale. I had tears in my eyes listening to his opening comments. Thought I would post them here for anyone who missed it.

@WGR550: For the folks asking for @SalSports emotional opening comments, you can listen right here: http://t.co/brMANi0VXd

Loved the opening comments. What a week to be a Bills fan. I implore all who are going on Sunday to Yell, Scream, Holler, Stomp, Kick, and Cheer as you never have before. If we win this game we can really get some mojo going. Oh, and have a blast, but with whats happened in the last week or so, that's a given.

GO BILLS!!!!!!