Corey Graham should start at CB opp Gilmore

26TrapDraw

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham might start instead of Gilmore, opposite McKelvin. I believe Leodis had a pretty good game, overall yesterday. And Gillmore has looked a bit spotty in preseason. Then again, everyone looked a bit spotty in preseason.

They will all get plenty of playing time. Whatever the best configuration turns out to be, that's the one I like. Whether it is Leodis, Graham or someone else in the slot.

At this point I'm more worried about Gilmore's cover skills than McKelvin's. Not because he has been bad, but rather because his game might not work with the updated rules and was burned a few times in the preseason. We'll see...

No matter what, Graham is a nice problem to have, he's already proven his worth. Keep him on the field, as a CB, S, whatever.

Graham might start instead of Gilmore, opposite McKelvin. I believe Leodis had a pretty good game, overall yesterday. And Gillmore has looked a bit spotty in preseason. Then again, everyone looked a bit spotty in preseason.

They will all get plenty of playing time. Whatever the best configuration turns out to be, that's the one I like. Whether it is Leodis, Graham or someone else in the slot.

Agreed, Leodis has been a better CB the past year than Gilmore has. I'll give Gilmore some room because of his injury, but he's been shaky all preseason.

As for Leodis yesterday, his overall performance was mixed. But he went head-to-head with a top-5 WR and forced a big turnover and nearly had a second. I like his moxy out there as opposed to Gilmore who seems rather resigned. I'd love to be wrong and have Gilmore blossom into the corner we hope him to be, but right now, Leodis is better IMO.

I agree, that's nothing against McKelvin because I just think Gilmore is the better CB in the long-run and Graham proved he can play against big, fast outside WRs...and McKelvin really does well against guys in the slot, good...you need 3 good CBs these days, not just one or two anymore, so that allows him to be successful while addressing needs elsewhere...

I hate to say it but yeah of the three, the only one whose name I would put in pen on the lineup card next week is Graham. I think after that, you have to go with Gilmore because of where we drafted him, his upside, etc. And I don't even think McKelvin had as bad a game as some- I'm guessing when Joe B does his breakdown he'll find that he played fairly decent against one of the top WR's in the league. I guess what I'm saying is that we have great depth at CB. And make no mistake about it- the nickel spot belongs to Robey.

Yes, Gilmore is all headlines and no delivery......fair first year....bad last year...and a no show this year. Still another #1 that hasn't lived up.....it took Leotis quite a few years to get it, and I think gilmore is in the same learning curve. Don't understand all the favorable comments on gilmore......what has he shown on the field for that support. I think gilmore is inactive until he is fullly healthy, and not sure, if things are going well, he starts right away again. A CB controversy, life is good!!!!

I agree Dean! Leodis "my man" did a lot of slipping but played ok. I'd rather have Graham start over Gilmore right now and if not at CB then plug him in at Byrd's spot and move A Williams back to strong. Graham is a ballhawk and could be "Byrd like"

This is, IMO, a non-issue. CBs get plenty of snaps in the NFL for every team. Teams play nickel more than 60% of plays now, so every team's base D includes at least 3 CBs. The nice thing is that, when healthy, Buffalo can rotate 3 boundary CBs (Gilmore, Graham, McKelvin) and 2 slot CBs (Graham and Robey) to keep guys fresh.

They also have the ability to play Graham as a flex safety if they want to run a big nickel or a dime package.

This, of course, isn't accounting for injury.

All of them are going to play, so nothing to concern ourselves with IMO.

This is, IMO, a non-issue. CBs get plenty of snaps in the NFL for every team. Teams play nickel more than 60% of plays now, so every team's base D includes at least 3 CBs. The nice thing is that, when healthy, Buffalo can rotate 3 boundary CBs (Gilmore, Graham, McKelvin) and 2 slot CBs (Graham and Robey) to keep guys fresh.

They also have the ability to play Graham as a flex safety if they want to run a big nickel or a dime package.

This, of course, isn't accounting for injury.

All of them are going to play, so nothing to concern ourselves with IMO.

This is probably the best answer. Graham may even have to start at safety this weekend.