Corey Graham should start at CB opp Gilmore

26TrapDraw

I'd like to see how he does when the games count. I thought he was, actually, VERY unaggressive in the preseason. I thought it could be his decision to come out of the preseason uninjured so he did not do his standard bump at the line. THAT is still legal within 5 yards of the LOS. Now, if he gets burned on Sunday or gets called for a lot of illegal contacts, that would prove my premise wrong. Until then, however, I basically disregarded his play in the preseason as simply him going through the motions but not playing his game.

I agree with your assessment. Also he's going to be able to knock Wallace around and keep him off of his game better than the other two, I think...

I am sure he will draw a flag or two, but who doesn't these days unless you are getting torched so badly you're out of reach for the PI

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills notebook: Gilmore feeling better, could return against Dolphins

The Buffalo Bills are on the verge of having a good problem to have in their secondary.

Buffalo native Corey Graham started in Gilmore’s spot and was a nominee for the AFC’s Defensive Player of the Week after recording an interception and defending three passes. Taking him out of the lineup would not be an easy decision.

Gilmore feeling better... :lol:

Interesting that your groin can be so bad that you can't even dress for the game one week and then you are fine to play the following week. At the most demanding change-of-direction position on the field.

I'd let Gilmore have another couple more weeks off to heal his groin. If they need him the next two weeks then the pass rush just ain't doing it's job. Graham/McKelvin and Robey should get the snaps.

I hate to say it but yeah of the three, the only one whose name I would put in pen on the lineup card next week is Graham. I think after that, you have to go with Gilmore because of where we drafted him, his upside, etc. And I don't even think McKelvin had as bad a game as some- I'm guessing when Joe B does his breakdown he'll find that he played fairly decent against one of the top WR's in the league. I guess what I'm saying is that we have great depth at CB. And make no mistake about it- the nickel spot belongs to Robey.

McKelvin was a high pick once upon a time. And Gilmore wasnt Marrones pick so I dont see how that really matters. If you go based on performance it should be Graham, McKelvin, Robey, and Gilmore. But you are kind of correct with the draft position and age factor. So Gilmore should be given the chance to EARN, not his spot, because if we look at it objectively we anointed him to start day one but he hasn't shown any dominance yet, A spot amongst the top 3 guys. Anyone who reads my posts will see that I believe in open competitions. And this area DEFINITELY needs a challenge soon. And I also think Gilmore should try safety. Something about him leads me to believe he can do it

Graham has a bunch of experience in the slot. McKelvin has a bunch of experience at Corner #2. They'll both play a bunch in this game anyways, so I dont see any need to put Graham out wide. I expect McKelvin to bounce back and have a strong week against the lesser talented brian hartline types of the league.

yes one game means everything, statistically graham must be much better than mckelvin, which is why he was allowed to walk away in FA and why we resigned mckelvin, also people thought Rob Johnson was pretty good after 1 game. We must just go with one game and make snap decisions based on said game everytime

yes one game means everything, statistically graham must be much better than mckelvin, which is why he was allowed to walk away in FA and why we resigned mckelvin, also people thought Rob Johnson was pretty good after 1 game. We must just go with one game and make snap decisions based on said game everytime

Corey Graham is a proven commodity and definitely a clutch playoff performer. Ask Peyton Manning if you don't believe me.

Gilmore feeling better... :lol:

Interesting that your groin can be so bad that you can't even dress for the game one week and then you are fine to play the following week. At the most demanding change-of-direction position on the field.

I'd let Gilmore have another couple more weeks off to heal his groin. If they need him the next two weeks then the pass rush just ain't doing it's job. Graham/McKelvin and Robey should get the snaps.

Isn't that, quite literally, always the case with injuries?

Rare is the case where a guy comes back, dresses, and doesn't play.

So Gilmores 42 opposing QBR last year now makes him terrible. got it. he is the new whipping boy. How about we just play all 3.WHOA OUTSIDE THE BOX THINKING ZOMG!

At first I was just gonna agree with the guy you responded to. But now im thinking... We cant because we already have 3. Gilmore wont unseat any of Robey McKelvin and if Graham wasn't a fluke. Gilmore wont unseat him either

At first I was just gonna agree with the guy you responded to. But now im thinking... We cant because we already have 3. Gilmore wont unseat any of Robey McKelvin and if Graham wasn't a fluke. Gilmore wont unseat him either

Robey deserves no spot in this discussion. He is strictly a slot CB in the same way that Gilmore is strictly a boundary CB. Robey does not have the size or speed to succeed on the outside but his agility and quickness make him a weapon as the nickel or dime CB. Gilmore's size and better top end speed make him a better fit to cover the bigger guys who line up split out wide.

Get all of them in the game .

Its about matchups now. Well done Whaley !

Gilmore practiced fully yesterday and said he feel's much better than last week. The Bills have to start Graham IMO and demote McKelvin to the dime coverage. McKelvin looks really rusty coming off the hip surgery.

Why? Gilmore might be rusty. And HE said he is better. He is better because GRAHAM IS BREATHING DOWN HIS NECK. He isnt dumb. He knows he has something to provide to the coaching staff. Schwartz doesnt "know him". And McKelvin, played well against 2 great wrs and "rusty" and Gilmore has no game film in this system. He knows he needs to see the field NOW

Robey deserves no spot in this discussion. He is strictly a slot CB in the same way that Gilmore is strictly a boundary CB. Robey does not have the size or speed to succeed on the outside but his agility and quickness make him a weapon as the nickel or dime CB. Gilmore's size and better top end speed make him a better fit to cover the bigger guys who line up split out wide.

Robey will not be an outside corner . But he deserves a spot in the DB discussion. He weakness is less his height than his mass. He just isnt going to be a bump and run guy is he ? Nor should he be. Graham takes the big guys down the seam and Robey takes the quick short area guys . and then beats them.

man these Bills look stacked at DB this year

And McKelvin, played well against 2 great wrs and "rusty" and Gilmore has no game film in this system. He knows he needs to see the field NOW

There seems to be a different standard for judging McKelvin and Gilmore. If Gilmore had the game McKelvin did vs. the Bears he'd be getting lambasted. But since it's McKelvin he "played well."

Why? Gilmore might be rusty. And HE said he is better. He is better because GRAHAM IS BREATHING DOWN HIS NECK. He isnt dumb. He knows he has something to provide to the coaching staff. Schwartz doesnt "know him". And McKelvin, played well against 2 great wrs and "rusty" and Gilmore has no game film in this system. He knows he needs to see the field NOW

Both Leodis and Gilmore are coming off surgeries . Lets hope they both just pick up speed as the season rumbles on

Uh. How do you play all three then? Who starts. Robey ABSOLUTELY does belong because of you play all three. Robey sits. Unless you are talking rotating. In which case this thread is moot. As I said before it should be Graham McKelvin and Robey. Gilmore can rotate in