Week 2: Dolphins' Game Preparation

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe what I am reading about this game... I expect this crap nationally, but on this board? THIS week?

This is the first home game after the passing of our hall of fame owner. We are honoring him and our legendary hall of fame QB that just kicked cancers ass! On top of all that, we have just learned that the future of our beloved bills is secure in buffalo.

It's not like we're playing the !@#$ing seahawks! We are playing the dirty, stinky, smelly !@#$ing dolphins! They have no idea what they are walking into. The earth will literally be shaking. There will be such a release of emotion that the thought of it gives me chills. The game will be no contest!

Go Bills!

The first few weeks of power rankings are especially tenuous.

did I miss something? they were an 8-8 team a year ago, during which they also beat Patriots at home. From last season they lost 2 starting Olinemen and accordingly used their draft to replenish. What other off season moves did they make? Just not seeing a top 10 ranking justified

did I miss something? they were an 8-8 team a year ago, during which they also beat Patriots at home. From last season they lost 2 starting Olinemen and accordingly used their draft to replenish. What other off season moves did they make? Just not seeing a top 10 ranking justified

Teams fly up and down the rankings the first few weeks. No one really has a grasp of how good each team is this early. So we saw a Dolphins team take down what was a top 5 team convincingly. Just wait a few more weeks and the spots will settle a bit.

Nigel Bradham: "It feels good" to be back <10:38>

Bills Linebacker Nigel Bradham joined The John Murphy Show to discuss his return to the lineup, the recent ownership news, and the fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Nigel Bradham’s return a timely one

Back on the active roster, LB Nigel Bradham's return could not have come at a better time for the Bills.

Bills Focus: Williams's Career Comes Full Circle <6:05>

For wide receiver Mike Williams, his football career comes full circle this Sunday as the Buffalo native will play his first regular season NFL game in his hometown.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries

Christian McCain LB -- Did Not Participate In Practice

Nawa'akoa Misi LB -- Did Not Participate In Practice

Randy Starks DT -- Did Not Participate In Practice

William Turner G -- Did Not Participate In Practice

Walter Aikens S -- Limited Participation in Practice

Charles Clay TE -- Limited Participation in Practice

Knowshon Moreno RB -- Limited Part. Practice

Derrick Shelby DE -- Limited Participation in Practice

Dion Sims TE -- Limited Participation in Practice -

Mike Wallace WR -- Limited Participation in Practice

Philip Wheeler LB -- Limited Participation in Practice -

Terrence Fede DE -- Out (Definitely Will Not Play) -

James Pouncey C -- Out (Definitely Will Not Play) -

I know it's been pointed out early and often, but the Dolphins are banged up. Looks like we could be getting Gilmore back, and the fact that Aaron Williams was a limited participant is probably a good sign.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Wow, there' a lot to catch up on here.

It's the effect of beating the Patriots so handily in their home opener. All that's going on in Buffalo this week (Pegulas as new owner, Kelly's good health news, alumni week, tribute to Ralph, and the Bills' home opener) is not being factored in the line. The Dolphins will wonder WTF just hit them. It's gonna be Raucous at the Ralph! Pure Fandemonium! Go Bills!!!

CBS Sports NFL Picks: Week 2: http://www.cbssports...st-the-spread/2

I'm pretty sure that's the reason too. Never mind that the Bills were the biggest underdogs outside of the Jags, who lost by 17. The Power Rankings have been particularly disrespectful.

Miami D was flying last week. Hopefully our game plan uses that against them with some mis-direction plays, reverses, flea flickers, etc....

You mean like the zone read plays that let EJ casually stroll into the end zone?

NFL.com is going all-in on Fins. Have them ranked #9 ahead of Saints, Falcons, Colts, and Steelers, among others ... wow, are they really that good?

http://www.nfl.com/n...atriots-plummet

Short answer? No.

Longer answer? No, but they're not a bad as we would like. I think, like us, they've done a pretty good job rebuilding their team the past few years. I have a gut feeling (no evidence) that when Brady leaves, the Bills and Phins are going back to their old rivalry.

I know it's been pointed out early and often, but the Dolphins are banged up. Looks like we could be getting Gilmore back, and the fact that Aaron Williams was a limited participant is probably a good sign.

Holy crap, I heard it was bad, but not that bad. Pouncy being gone must make Kyle lick his chops.

sounds like Starks injury not significant

@AdamHBeasley: Remarkable stat: Randy Starks has not missed a game since joining the Dolphins in 2008. That streak is expected to continue Sunday.

Teams fly up and down the rankings the first few weeks. No one really has a grasp of how good each team is this early. So we saw a Dolphins team take down what was a top 5 team convincingly. Just wait a few more weeks and the spots will settle a bit.

Yep. Power rankings at this point reflect what is expected of each team based on last year's results. Last year Pats were 12-4 and played for conference championship, Bears were 8-8, second in division to GB packers, and watched the playoffs at home.

So all of their starting lb's are out, right? Should be great for the run game!

Reportedly their backups have good upside, and some think they're better than their starters... BUT... this is coming from Dolphins fans, so take with a grain of salt (like people take us with a grain of salt when we talk up some middling talent on our team :))

Buffalo Bills Playoff Chances: http://www.sportsclu...st/Buffalo.html

How are these numbers calculated?

Sports Club Stats calculates each team’s odds of making the playoffs, how each upcoming game will impact those odds, and how well they have to finish out to have a shot. It knows the season schedule and scores for past games. Each time the league owner sends in new scores it simulates the rest of the season by randomly picking scores for each remaining game. The weighted method takes the opponents record and home field advantage into account when randomly picking scores, so the better team is more likely to win. The 50/50 method gives each opponent an equal chance of winning each game. Both methods let an appropriate percent of games end in a tie or go into overtime in leagues where that matters. When it’s finished "playing" all the remaining games it applies the league’s tie breaking rules to see where everyone finished. It repeats this random playing out of the season million of times (try it yourself), keeping track of how many "seasons" each team finishes where. Finally it updates this page with the new results for you to read with your morning coffee.To help flush out each team’s highest and lowest possible seeds, I force them to win or lose all their remaining games for a small percentage of the simulation runs. Click the league (on the left) to compare all teams.Playoff odds: The percentage of simulated seasons we made the playoffs.W-L-T PCT : Current wins, losses, ties, and winning percentage.

Reportedly their backups have good upside, and some think they're better than their starters... BUT... this is coming from Dolphins fans, so take with a grain of salt (like people take us with a grain of salt when we talk up some middling talent on our team :))

is it like Bryce brown > CJ (nah) or Corey G > Mclovin (yes)? Could be true re their backups. We shall see.

The first few weeks of power rankings are especially tenuous.

True enough, but if the Bills beat the fish this week, watch Buffalo move up like 2 spots, while Miami might fall 2. The Bills will get no love in these rankings until they can sustain some positive play, which is OK. The only ranking I care about anyway is the AFCE standings.