What will the Nattering Nabobs of Negativity say this week?

racecitybills

The guys that get the most crap came up pretty good. Marrone clearly has not lost this team (and could have after that first drive).

Hackett had some really nice moments. There were some very nice designed plays and calls. I would have like to go downfield a lot more but overall, it's hard to argue with what Hackett did.

How many coaches would have brought their #3 RB into the game in the second quarter and gave him the ball and get the results that Boobie got? That is just a tremendous call by Hackett. The TD to Spiller, where Spiller doesnt bother to fake the run like the OL and QB do, but just sprints to the place where the pass is going is a terrific designed play. We were not great, but Hackett was very, very good overall.

Marrone and Whaley not on the same page? This team came together as a team.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will the "Nattering Nabobs of Negativity" in the local media say this week? WGR? The News?

This is the NFL boys- you play great players every week- no performance is perfect-

YOU FIND A WAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!

GO BILLS!!

they will still talk about how poorly the team looked in preseason, because obviously, that's how you judge a team.

I live in the Chicago area, so I got to hear all week the talking heads on local ESPN radio basically write off the Bills as a certain win, culminating in the biggest blowhard of them all, Steve "Mongo" McMichael (who can't go 5 sentences without bringing up his 1985 Bears glory days) saying this was the perfect first game for the Bears, as they can shake off the pre-season rust against a "terrible Bills team" and get to work on the Niners next week...d-bag. I'll tell you I am having a BLAST listening to post game coverage on Chicago media.

I live in the Chicago area, so I got to hear all week the talking heads on local ESPN radio basically write off the Bills as a certain win, culminating in the biggest blowhard of them all, Steve "Mongo" McMichael (who can't go 5 sentences without bringing up his 1985 Bears glory days) saying this was the perfect first game for the Bears, as they can shake off the pre-season rust against a "terrible Bills team" and get to work on the Niners next week...d-bag. I'll tell you I am having a BLAST listening to post game coverage on Chicago media.

thats the best!!!! They were so overconfident. Pouty jay cutler at the end was phenomenal.

Enjoy!

Turn on the post game show, regrettably hosted by shopp and bulldog. They are kind of at a loss for words.

Oddly, I am too. I'm usually ecstatic after a win. I'm thrilled, don't get me wrong, maybe I'm just recovering from indigestion from a belly full of fingernails. :P

Oddly, I am too. I'm usually ecstatic after a win. I'm thrilled, don't get me wrong, maybe I'm just recovering from indigestion from a belly full of fingernails. :P

now they are criticizing Marrone for taking a knee at the end of the game with 30 seconds to go.

Edit - on turning them off because they are saying spiller was invisible. Give me an effing break.

Yeah, I picked Chicago to win with 10pts in my Confidence Pool (yet still lead by a slim point after the 1pm games) and I haven't even mixed the kool-aid yet, but the packet is down from the top shelf. If the Bills can tighten up that run defense a little and stop making so damn many penalties and get enough breaks to beat a surprisingly good looking Miami team next week and hold off the Chargers in Week 3 I may just mix up a batch, maybe even take a small sip. https://vine.co/v/OzWrpTi7pYA

now they are criticizing Marrone for taking a knee at the end of the game with 30 seconds to go.

Edit - on turning them off because they are saying spiller was invisible. Give me an effing break.

I admit I'm not a fan of EJ taking a knee on that play. I understand it's probably what you should do, but I prefer my football played with a bit more testicular fortitude. There are some plays with minimal risk they could have tried. But with that said, so what? The lined it up and kicked the FG--won the game. When you start complaining about that you are really nit-picking.

Outside of the pick, which everyone will agree was pretty awful. I thought EJ played well, didn't stare down his guys, made some plays.the woods and M Williams throws were great and at huge moments.

Chandlers drop and personal foul were pretty annoying

Starting last year, I'm liking Chandler less and less. It seems his drops come at very inopportune times. But perhaps I am just sensitive to that. What I wouldn't give for a TE like Bennett.

EJ's INT was a bad throw and he gets the blame. But aren't WR's expected to come back to the QB when he scrambles? The WR ate turn of that play and was a non factor,. Not excusing EJ, but with he and the WR corp getting more time together, I think those kind of throws are caught, or broken up, more times than not.

Nothing from me!

I thought the team would 1) Get smoked after that opening drive by the Bears and 2) find a way to lose at the end of the game like they usually do, but they didn't. They won a tough game on the road and played well doing it.

I'm excited. Great game.

I'm with you. I thought exactly those same two things, but they proved me wrong as well. Great way to start the season.