Laid $250 on Bills +7

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smart bet…IMHO

those lines are set to fleece those that bet the general consensus. Clearly, the world thinks we get blown out tomorrow…I think the Bills are going to have something to say about this.

That's a horrible bet, IMO. The Bills are a horrible away team. The Bills are a horrible Week 1 team. The bears have the better QB & HC. Can the bills cover? Sure they can. It's football. But when looking to put $250 down, there are plenty of games this week that are much better options to get some money back. For example:

The redskins are GETTING 3 points against Fitzpatrick.

The chargers are GETTING 3 points against the Cardinals.

SF are only GIVING 4 points against the Cowboys.

Heck, I'd take the Colts GETTING 8 points against the Broncos before dropping $250 in the Bills game.

That being said, go Bills and hopefully the OP wins some $$$$$$

Will the bills are usually notorious for losing by very little so I don't think it's a bad bet.

Week 1 so I suppose anything can happen. But with all 13 ESPN analysts picking the Bears and all 8 analysts on the CBS website picking the Bears to cover a 7.5 spread it gives one cause to maybe bet with your head and not your heart :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

That's a horrible bet, IMO. The Bills are a horrible away team. The Bills are a horrible Week 1 team. The bears have the better QB & HC. Can the bills cover? Sure they can. It's football. But when looking to put $250 down, there are plenty of games this week that are much better options to get some money back. For example:

The redskins are GETTING 3 points against Fitzpatrick.

The chargers are GETTING 3 points against the Cardinals.

SF are only GIVING 4 points against the Cowboys.

Heck, I'd take the Colts GETTING 8 points against the Broncos before dropping $250 in the Bills game.

That being said, go Bills and hopefully the OP wins some $$$$$$

Eh. As the most optimist Bills fan on the planet, I probably won't make that bet. But a good way to lose money is to depend on trends from previous seasons. The last 5 years have 0 impact on this year. It's why before the season schedule strength is one of the most pointless things ever. No one knows who is going to be good.

That said, to ease my pain, I'm just going to bet against the Bills every game. If the Bills make the playoffs, I will gladly pay a $1000. And if I'm wrong, then at least I got paid. Win win.

Week 1 so I suppose anything can happen. But with all 13 ESPN analysts picking the Bears and all 8 analysts on the CBS website picking the Bears to cover a 7.5 spread it gives one cause to maybe bet with your head and not your heart :)

There are plenty of reasons why it's long shot that the Bills will win. But listening to analysts is probably dead last on my list.

Eh. As the most optimist Bills fan on the planet, I probably won't make that bet. But a good way to lose money is to depend on trends from previous seasons. The last 5 years have 0 impact on this year. It's why before the season schedule strength is one of the most pointless things ever. No one knows who is going to be good.

That said, to ease my pain, I'm just going to bet against the Bills every game. If the Bills make the playoffs, I will gladly pay a $1000. And if I'm wrong, then at least I got paid. Win win.

There are plenty of reasons why it's long shot that the Bills will win. But listening to analysts is probably dead last on my list.

LOL @ betting bills every game.

I agree about not looking a lot at prior years when it comes to making picks in a new NFL season. BUT, there are still certain things that are known going into week 1.

1. Fitzpatrick should never be favored in any game.

2. The cowboys defense may have actually gotten worse from last year to this year.

3. Whenever a QB of Rivers level gets points, you should take them (unless he's playing vs. a powerhouse like Pats/Broncos/Hawks).

Edited by bobobonators

I wish you luck, but I fear you may lose your money...

I won a boatload on the Superbowl so I just saved it to "play with" make some well placed bets this season. No worries if I lose, but a few reasons I chose this game. First, big point spreads in week 1 are typically guesswork even from Vegas. Each team is different than a year ago, and week 1 you may not see the same team you saw last year or will see mid-season. Second, I watched the Bears play the Browns last year and this PS. Third, I think the Bears are overrated coming into this season and likewise I think the Bills are underrated. Finally, I always take a good defense over a good offense.

I agree about not looking a lot at prior years when it comes to making picks in a new NFL season. BUT, there are still certain things that are known going into week 1.

2. The cowboys defense may have actually gotten worse from last year to this year.

3. Whenever a QB of Rivers level gets points, you should take them (unless he's playing vs. a powerhouse like Pats/Broncos/Hawks).

I like those rules. That said, you know there is going to be one game where Fitz has a monster game and pulls a big upset. Then, people start talking up the Texans and they lose to a garbage team next week.

I won a boatload on the Superbowl so I just saved it to "play with" make some well placed bets this season. No worries if I lose, but a few reasons I chose this game. First, big point spreads in week 1 are typically guesswork even from Vegas. Each team is different than a year ago, and week 1 you may not see the same team you saw last year or will see mid-season. Second, I watched the Bears play the Browns last year and this PS. Third, I think the Bears are overrated coming into this season and likewise I think the Bills are underrated. Finally, I always take a good defense over a good offense.

You're more positive than 75% of Bills fans haha. Best of luck to your team, except when they play us. :)

Those are good points, but the Redskins were a 3-13 team last year. That game really could go either way. Neither team looked particularly good in Preseason, and we all know how much Preseason matters around here!

The Cowboys offense is what you need to worry about when betting against them. Can Kaepernick and Crabtree outscore Romo and Dez? The Dallas D will be a liability in that, but I dont think it is a sure thing the Niners keep up.

Rivers last year was great, but that doesn't mean the Chargers win. Dolphins vs Chargers? Take the 3? Lost by 4. Raiders vs Chargers? Take the 3? Lost by 10.

If these things were safe bets, I would just bet full time.

As for the Bills, we won/lost within 7 points 8 times last year.

Giving the Bills 7 points is a good bet. If we look anything like we did in the preseason, OP will lose the money, but Chicago, Washington, and San Francisco also looked bad in the preseason.

They were talking about it on mike and mike. Of course, they said it was irrelevant since they were playing buffalo!

I can't wait for the day Buffalo can shut the media guys up, both national media and local. I am soooo tired of our local guys (in Rochester we have Roth, Maiorana, and Matthews, et al.) always being down about Buffalo. It is almost as if they enjoy telling us how bad the team is gonna suck again this year. At least at the start of the season they could look at the glass as half full for a change. It is enough to make me really dislike them. And the same guys have been around forever, selling the same tired views. Yeah, I know it has been fourteen years. You don't have to remind me every other day. :wallbash:

Cleveland Rocks Indeed ! I will be cheering you on sunday. C'mon , baby needs a new pair of cleats

Go Bills !

I can't wait for the day Buffalo can shut the media guys up, both national media and local. I am soooo tired of our local guys (in Rochester we have Roth, Maiorana, and Matthews, et al.) always being down about Buffalo. It is almost as if they enjoy telling us how bad the team is gonna suck again this year. At least at the start of the season they could look at the glass as half full for a change. It is enough to make me really dislike them. And the same guys have been around forever, selling the same tired views. Yeah, I know it has been fourteen years. You don't have to remind me every other day. :wallbash:

true enough