My Annual Thank You Post, and a few thoughts.....

Bill from NYC

Nice work Bill.

You and I do not always see eye to eye, which I think is why I value out discussions as much as any others I have on the board.

No matter what happens this year, this is an incredibly exciting time to be a Bills' fan.

Things don't look good on the field right now, and the night grows long, but the dawn is coming.

Sooner than we realize, there will be new sheriffs in town, and with them a renewed sense of purpose, direction, and--most importantly--vision. Long-term vision.

I am looking forward to sharing the next half-century of Buffalo Bills football with all of you.

Be well.

Decent post Bill. You still didn't address the obvious questions about Pegula not being able to two football teams in the same hemisphere or the fact the some of the staff may have had an argument about which lager is best suited for the players. I'll give you a 3.5 out of 6. :P

Edited by yall

And thank you Bill. Like you, I enjoy the board most prior to the draft. During the season, the bipolar nature of us Bills fans is too much for me. Ill read some threads from some of my favorite posters, but on a weekly basis, during the season, your thoughts thread is the only post I'm sure to read.

Thanks Bill. I am looking forward to another season of reading your weekly thoughts after the game. Always the first, and often the only post I read after a game. Your thread seems to draw out actual thoughtful football conversation on a regular basis, which I am sure has a great deal to do with the fact that you always present your posts in a reasoned and respectful manner and do not disparage others or hold yourself above when they disagree. An example for all of us.

Go Bills!

HahA Bill, trust me it's nothing personal. I've always enjoy the debates and admire your passion. I'd love to grab a beer and watch a game with you sometime.

The only thing that I'm not a huge fan is you seem to hold grudges against players that you didn't want to get drafted. You could argue about the value of drafting a rb at 8 but the general consensus around the NFL is that Spiller is a good player. There are a lot if people who feel Gilmore could be a very good cb. You don't need to find a way to bash then every chance you get.

But honestly, we all have our faults. But there's very little doubt how much we care about a team that has let us down for 14 years. We deserve a great team. But I truly believe when it happens, all this BS of the 14 years will make it that much sweeter. We aren't Seattle or NE fans. We are diehards. Let's go Bills!!!

Your post annually reminds me on our life with the Buffalo Bills. Here we go again:

SuperBowl weekend - Cautiously peek at who is playing. Sit and wait to see if one of the 90's Bill will make it to the HOF. Disappointed that someone else went over them. Can't wait for FA.

FA - Excited at prospect of who will come to Buffalo. Looking for the Cab driver in the Airport to give a scoop. There is excitement and disappointment of who-is-who were at OBD.

Combine - Read and watch NFL networks boring coverage of 40 yard dash and lifting weights. Waiting for statement on who the Bills met and spoke. Wonderlic scores curiosity sets in.

THe Big Draft Weekend - Optimism soars here after the draft. Even disappointed picks are turned into we could hit Jackpot kind of feeling. Can't feel better.

Mini-camp/Workouts/Whatever-the-NFL-calls them - Hoping to see an improvement in the play. Hear about a spectacular play and how coaching staff comes in.

Dull and Dreary Pre-Season - Every year, we cannot score TDs; cannot defend Run plays....ALl the bitching about the team

Can't wait for the Season Opener - Optimism is highest on Week 1. End of the day, we are reminiscing a 1-point win or a 3-point loss. A key player is always injured.

As the season goes, the optimism goes south and sours by THanksgiving weekend!....By then the Bills are out of the playoffs...We start talking about College bowls and College QBs. It is time for the offseason again.

Now it is time for the highest optimism.....Go Bills.