Brady gets a pass and not EJ?

Terrakon

Last year, the conventional wisdom claimed Brady had a down year because of his inexperienced receivers. REALLY, Tom God Brady? So we have an inexperienced QB, new Coach, OC AND injuries to key players, I.e., CJ, Freddie, EJ and then Thad. Now, this year we have two new WR's, one being a rookie. I know EJ shouldn't be mentioned with Holy Brady, but If Brady struggles with new receivers, maybe we need to give our guy a chance. If it's shown that he's injury prone and can't last a season or he can't run the full offense, then fine, we need another QB. I for one want to wait until after the Chicago game until I decide the season is over and I'm gonna ignore football till next year. (Never gonna happen, by the way. Football rules) Go Bills!!!

There is a little bit of a joke to this and I am not "new" to football. The point is, Brady did have a down year, especially if you listen to the same people who pan EJ. Yes the Patriots did well. The point is you can't give a superstar on a superstar team an excuse because the people around him are new. That happened. EJ and his surrounding cast are by definition new and have gotten even more so this year. I'm tired of hearing about how terrible the Bills are gonna be. Say what you will, but, I want to see game 1. if they suck and are overmatched, it's not gonna because of EJ alone.

Man, I don't even know what to make of this topic right now. But I'll play, as I see it there are three weak links in the offense. The QB, The O Line and the OC. If at least 2 out of the 3 don't come through in the first few weeks of the season, we're toast. A good to great QB will mask a lot of those inefficiencies. But right now we can't play our way out of a paper bag. The only hope here is go play action by feeding the RBs the ball 25-30 times a game. But our OC is too inexperienced and arrogant to try that.

Give Tommy a break, please. He was a no show today at practice due to an injury. Turns out it was a calf injury. Apparently he cut his leg while shaving. But seriously, Tom was excused today for a freakin calf injury. Poor baby.

HAHA!

Man, I don't even know what to make of this topic right now. But I'll play, as I see it there are three weak links in the offense. The QB, The O Line and the OC. If at least 2 out of the 3 don't come through in the first few weeks of the season, we're toast. A good to great QB will mask a lot of those inefficiencies. But right now we can't play our way out of a paper bag. The only hope here is go play action by feeding the RBs the ball 25-30 times a game. But our OC is too inexperienced and arrogant to try that.

Is the OL weak? We haven't really even seen it yet.

Is the OC bad? Can he have a season and a gameplan with one QB and reduced injuries?

The only people statign Brady had a down year were the talking heads at the beginning of the year until he created some rhythm. Last year Brady had one of his best years playing with less talent, losing Hernendez Gronk, welker, Wilfork on defense, and they still went 12-4.

EJ looks atrocious this pre-season. The reports are from training camp he hasn't progressed, he's regressed. Inaccurate, staring down receivers, and terrible red zone efficiency.

I hope all of the people supporting EJ are right, but i doubt it. I was a wait and see all off-season as I expected him to come into camp now knowing the playbook, increase his accuracy and improve timing with WR, and so on. We've seen none of this occur. I hope again I'm wrong and others are right, but there is no evidence supporting this assertion.

If EJ stinks it up at Chicago, it will be interesting to see how many games before Orton is our starter.

Give Tommy a break, please. He was a no show today at practice due to an injury. Turns out it was a calf injury. Apparently he cut his leg while shaving. But seriously, Tom was excused today for a freakin calf injury. Poor baby.

did hid wife kick him for not scrubbing the toilets or for not folding the laundry correctly?

What is the theory that EJ didn't get a break? Random posters bitching on a message board? Jerry Sullivan?

In real life EJ was handed ta bigger break than Brady. EJ got to come into the season as the uncontested starter and the team traded away its #1 for 2015 to get him the best "weapon" in the draft. Meanwhile the Pats used a second round draft pick on a QB which has to make it clear to Brady and everyone else that if the 2014 continues a downward performance trend, well the Patriots will accept that he is getting old.

There is a little bit of a joke to this and I am not "new" to football. The point is, Brady did have a down year, especially if you listen to the same people who pan EJ. Yes the Patriots did well. The point is you can't give a superstar on a superstar team an excuse because the people around him are new. That happened. EJ and his surrounding cast are by definition new and have gotten even more so this year. I'm tired of hearing about how terrible the Bills are gonna be. Say what you will, but, I want to see game 1. if they suck and are overmatched, it's not gonna because of EJ alone.

the difference is bradys down year was still the type of year that guys aspire to have. when your down year is still very good, you dont get as much criticism (hint: because you were still very good)

Like, for real? Let's use Eli Manning instead of Brady. The reason Eli gets a "break" is bevause he has two rings and is proven. The end.

Still, Eli at the beginning of his career is a pretty good comparable for EJ (Eli was actually pretty terrible early on, but showed flashes). And Eli, a QB of high pedigree, still sat behind Warner for awhile.

the difference is bradys down year was still the type of year that guys aspire to have. when your down year is still very good, you dont get as much criticism (hint: because you were still very good)

^This

I definitely don't understand this thread. If EJ threw for 4,343 yards (16 yards shy of the Bills franchise record), completed 60.5% of his passes with 25 TDS to 11 INTs (87.3 rating) and led his WRs (who are WAY better than what Brady had last year) to the AFC Championship I would not only give EJ a free pass but I would build a statue of him. Brady's down year was about as good of a year as any Bills QB has ever had. If you win 5 AFC Championships and 3 Super Bowls you tend to get the benefit of the doubt over the guy with 10 mediocre starts.