Lance Briggs skipped practice to open up his BBQ restaurant

YoloinOhio

This stuff does not go over well in opposing teams locker rooms. It's seriously a real sign of disrespect. The week of the season opening Bills game and Briggs skips a practice? You feel that confident bro?

If Marrone has any clue he will use it as motivation for the offense and the team in general. Parcells and Belchick certainly would. Heck, they'd make stuff up to get their players going. This is downright "in your face" disrespect.

Edited by 1billsfan

This stuff does not go over well in opposing teams locker rooms. It's seriously a real sign of disrespect. The week of the season opening Bills game and Briggs skips a practice? You feel that confident bro?

If Marrone has any clue he will use it as motivation for the offense and the team in general. Parcells and Belchick certainly would. Heck, they'd make stuff up to get their players going. This is downright "in your face" disrespect.

Finally, motivation!!

Actually, I'm sure the players couldn't care less, and have more important concerns.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Finally, motivation!!

Actually, I'm sure the players couldn't care less, and have more important concerns.

Ask yourself this question...would Briggs take monday practice off of game week to open a new BBQ restaurant if he was playing the Patriots?

You may think stuff like this doesn't bother players, but that Jets game last year is proof to the contrary.

If there are any Bills players on this team that this doesn't bother regardless to which degree, then I don't want those players on the Bills. It's not a huge deal, it's just the principle of being disrespected like that.

This can be looked upon as a sign of disrespect for the Bills O, bit I see it more as a lack of discipline. Media outlets around Chicago are critical of Trestman for excusing Briggs to open his restaurant in California:

Sun Times

Tribune

Not a fan of the Tribune's website. They want you to pay to read the article. Do people still pay money to read the news?

I think this calls for a BBQ "burger flipper" end zone TD celebration.

Aww, I miss Stevie right about now. He'd already be working on that one.

This can be looked upon as a sign of disrespect for the Bills O, bit I see it more as a lack of discipline. Media outlets around Chicago are critical of Trestman for excusing Briggs to open his restaurant in California:

Sun Times

Tribune

I read that he is known for being kind of a soft coach.

Ask yourself this question...would Briggs take monday practice off of game week to open a new BBQ restaurant if he was playing the Patriots?

You may think stuff like this doesn't bother players, but that Jets game last year is proof to the contrary.

If there are any Bills players on this team that this doesn't bother regardless to which degree, then I don't want those players on the Bills. It's not a huge deal, it's just the principle of being disrespected like that.

What happened before the Jets game?

I love the part of the article where it says it doesn't matter whether he practices or not because their defense is going to suck either way.

But then they said they had the Bills this week, so it didn't matter anyway.

I tweeted Fred Jackson about it. Hope he uses it as motivation

Didn't Mike Peca schedule his wedding during the playoffs?

no idea. If so... I'm sure he rescheduled when he realized he'd be playing. Playoff eligibility and dates aren't established until late in the season. This guy knew that he'd be playing his 1st game on sept 7 since the schedule came out. He decided to fly cross country and back 6 days before the game and miss a practice day. Will it matter? Maybe not. Just seems a bit off. And trestman said he requested a personal day, and he approved if, but never asked what it was for. Briggs never told him. So a coach doesn't ask any questions when a player asks for a day off the week of game 1 prep? Just seems bizarre to me. Especially when he has to travel so far and back. But whatev. Edited by YoloinOhio

I wonder if they will have "Sammy's Ribs" on the menu

I sure hope not !

Oh boy i forgot about that. Shame on me.

Epic event really .

They players are likely lobbying Marrone to let them eat there after the game.

And he is saying " yep sure , sounds fine fellas , my treat . Now how about you go win me a game first !

That will be a lot of plane tickets. The restaurant is in Elk Grove, California

you had to ruin it for peter ddnt you ?

Oh, poppycock!

The only reason any Bills said it motivated them is because they won the game.

You never hear them say "yeah, we didn't play well, and after that team disrespected us, we were really motivated. It just didn't work out".

This is also different because it was just one player anyway, not a whole team taking a break.

It's opening day, no motivation is needed,and if anyone is playing harder because of this, THAT is a guy I don't want on the team.

Edited by HoF Watkins

So a coach doesn't ask any questions when a player asks for a day off the week of game 1 prep? Just seems bizarre to me. Especially when he has to travel so far and back. But whatev.

The timing is definitely bad, but I can understand a coach not asking a team captain why he needs a personal day.

Edited by Captain Caveman

I can understand a coach not asking a team captain why he needs a personal day.

Not many players take a personal day during a game prep week. It is not common - that is why I thought it was odd he didn't ask after Briggs didn't tell him why. I am sure its nothing, but it doesn't happen often.

Not many players take a personal day during a game prep week. It is not common - that is why I thought it was odd he didn't ask after Briggs didn't tell him why. I am sure its nothing, but it doesn't happen often.

Yeah, it not happening often is why I'm guessing Trestman didn't ask. He probably figured that Briggs wouldn't ask unless it was really important. I'm guessing he regrets his decision now, but even if he'd asked, is it worth pissing off Briggs to say no? Briggs has a history of being a malcontent, and that team needs some leadership on defense this year.