EJ Pre-season was a hoax

TheBackupQB

When you compare what EJ did last year, with less weapons compares to what he is did in the pre-season its hard to believe that this pre-season was anything more than a throw away. During the week, you heard how great he looks in practice with expanded playbooks...but got into a game in look horrible, when he wasnt even horrible last season....he only really had 1 terrible game ..and 1 poor game when he was healthy. I believe all the check down passes,generic passes are a hoax to lure the Bears to sleep.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hackett: When Sammy goes deep, I want you to overthrow him.

EJ: But, coach I can make that throw. And Coach Marrone said that the goal is to win every pre-season game.

Hackett: Listen. There are more important things happening here. I guarantee that if you overthrow him (and follow that up with an errant roll-out throw, and a pick to Chandler), the Bears will have no idea what is coming.

EJ: Well, okay, I guess. But I still...

Hackett: Trust me. I have been doing this for a long time.

EJ: But, coach I can make that throw. And Coach Marrone said that the goal is to win every pre-season game.

Hackett: Listen. There are more important things happening here. I guarantee that if you overthrow him (and follow that up with an errant roll-out throw, and a pick to Chandler), the Bears will have no idea what is coming.

:lol:

When you compare what EJ did last year, with less weapons compares to what he is did in the pre-season its hard to believe that this pre-season was anything more than a throw away. During the week, you heard how great he looks in practice with expanded playbooks...but got into a game in look horrible, when he wasnt even horrible last season....he only really had 1 terrible game ..and 1 poor game when he was healthy. I believe all the check down passes,generic passes are a hoax to lure the Bears to sleep.

You have to remember that EJ has been being coached by Marrone and Hackett for a full year now and I'm sure they could have easily made him regress that much.

Seriously?

LMAO

I hope you are correct. It could also be a situation of getting on the same page as the new WR's. I see Robert Woods having a monster year. it all depends on two factors: (1) can EJ adjust when D's cover woods more and hit the two studs Williams and Watkins; (2) does Marrone have the balls to pull EJ after the 2nd or 3rd game for Orton if EJ is still in preseason form.

I might be inclined to believe they had run a very small selection of plays, to not show TOO much, but that's about it.

I don't believe for a minute that they really tried to win all of the games, just evaluating talent on more basic plays. Yes, the wanted to execute better and win, but

come on.

Can you please tell me how much he will suck. Your constant "he sucks" posts are really good and add to the conversation.

He didn't say that EJ sucks(not in this thread anyway). He actually said what many of us were thinking. EJ's abilities are somewhat irrelevant to the ideas in the OP. I am an EJ supporter(I think he still has a reasonable chance to become a Franchise QB).....but I think the concept that the offense played as they did in the preseason purely to try to trick our week 1 opponent is a bit kooky.

Edited by Dibs

My general take is: By watching the preseason you can never tell if a team is going to be really good, but sometimes you can tell that they're going to be really bad. I wouldn't quite go that far with the Bills' preseason, but I didn't see a ton of encouraging things. I think they land somewhere between really bad and mediocre.

Or how about EJ.... we are not going to play you with Woods! a guy you have great chemistry with, and looked great in practice with, a guy your comfortable with...for Hogan.... signs are there

Or how about EJ.... we are not going to play you with Woods! a guy you have great chemistry with, and looked great in practice with, a guy your comfortable with...for Hogan.... signs are there

With the moves they've made in the last week, the Bills are making it clear to EJ that he has about 10 starts (20 career total) to get it right. They want to win now and if they feel like EJ is holding them back, Orton will go in. I still think EJ gives them the best chance to win.

I might be inclined to believe they had run a very small selection of plays, to not show TOO much, but that's about it.

I don't believe for a minute that they really tried to win all of the games, just evaluating talent on more basic plays. Yes, the wanted to execute better and win, but

come on.

At half time in the Tampa game I believe tasker mentioned that they only ran 6 or 7 different plays so I agree with your assessment.

I think Joe B or Simon made the same comment as well.

Edited by The Wiz