[closed]If the front office wants to save their jobs...Start Orton asa

Kellyto83TD

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Orton is better than EJ right now, thinking anything different is fooling yourselves into being homers. Kyle has much more experience & has seen drastically more than EJ ever has in the NFL, he also is a winner & has decent to good stats to back up his body of work. One slight twitch or pull up by EJ will bring him out of the game, coaches choice to be careful.

Then EJ has decent to good stats. Career QB ratings: Orton 79.9 EJ 77.7. Actually they are pretty much the same. In one year EJ rushed for 186 yds and 2 TDs, in 8 years Orton rushed for 282 yds and 3 TDs. All things considered they are pretty much equal except EJ still has room to grow.EJ is the obvious answer. Oh by the way Ortons a winner he's 35-34 as a starter. A winning record yes. A winner no.

I'm so glad we have another EJ vs Orton thread. Just what TSW needed! The mind numbing cacophony of pointless posts and threads by anti-EJ Crusaders is simply exhausting. It's the same old circle jerk of ideas that cannot be proven. When will it end??? :sick:

It won't because there are a VERY SMALL number of posters who refuse to objectively evaluate any information regarding EJ Manuel. For whatever reason, they are convinced he is not an NFL caliber QB and has no chance of ever being one. If you look through the history of their posts over the last four weeks or so, there isn't a QB out there that hasn't been promoted as an upgrade over EJ. They would literally rather have anyone over him - and they take every opportunity to say so, even in threads that are not related to EJ in any way. Their unrelenting desire for EJ to be gone was exemplified in the OP's post when Orton was signed in which he essentially hoped for EJ to "go down" with an injury so Orton could take over.

There are many rational, intelligent posters on this forum who are on both sides of the EJ debate that engage in thoughtful debate and, in the end, can respectfully agree to disagree. It is unfortunate that, over the last month or so, this forum seems to have been dominated by a minority that have only one view and feel the need to post it over...and over...and over...ad nauseum

It won't because there are a VERY SMALL number of posters who refuse to objectively evaluate any information regarding EJ Manuel. For whatever reason, they are convinced he is not an NFL caliber QB and has no chance of ever being one. If you look through the history of their posts over the last four weeks or so, there isn't a QB out there that hasn't been promoted as an upgrade over EJ. They would literally rather have anyone over him - and they take every opportunity to say so, even in threads that are not related to EJ in any way. Their unrelenting desire for EJ to be gone was exemplified in the OP's post when Orton was signed in which he essentially hoped for EJ to "go down" with an injury so Orton could take over.

There are many rational, intelligent posters on this forum who are on both sides of the EJ debate that engage in thoughtful debate and, in the end, can respectfully agree to disagree. It is unfortunate that, over the last month or so, this forum seems to have been dominated by a minority that have only one view and feel the need to post it over...and over...and over...ad nauseam

Excellent assessment!

He wasn't gonna last until round 2.

GO BILLS!!!

Which team other than the Bills was going to take him in the first round? It's my opinion (can't be proven) that no other team was going to take him in the first round.

My feeling on drafting a qb is if you identity your qb prospect and have a strong conviction about him then you should take him sooner rather than later. It is difficult to prove but I heard stories that there were teams interested in taking him near the top of the second round, so a team in a lower draft position could trade up for a high second round pick in order to take him. One "rumor" was that Philly and the new HC, Kelly, were interested in him. ,

As most people know Nix was very transparent (as he usually is) that he was going to get his franchise qb in that draft year, his last draft. The focus of the scouting department was weighted toward the qb position. When the evaluation process was concluded EJ was the organization''s consensus pick. Only time will tell whether it was a wise decision or not.

Which team other than the Bills was going to take him in the first round? It's my opinion (can't be proven) that no other team was going to take him in the first round.

My feeling on drafting a qb is if you identity your qb prospect and have a strong conviction about him then you should take him sooner rather than later. It is difficult to prove but I heard stories that there were teams interested in taking him near the top of the second round, so a team in a lower draft position could trade up for a high second round pick in order to take him. One "rumor" was that Philly and the new HC, Kelly, were interested in him. ,

As most people know Nix was very transparent (as he usually is) that he was going to get his franchise qb in that draft year, his last draft. The focus of the scouting department was weighted toward the qb position. When the evaluation process was concluded EJ was the organization''s consensus pick. Only time will tell whether it was a wise decision or not.

I don't know for a fact, but I believe that Philly was indeed going to take him.

I do know that at least one team at the end of round 1 liked him quite a bit. I seem to remember Peter King reporting that Jeff Fisher in St. Louis fielded calls about moving out of the 22 slot if EJ was still there.

mother !@#$er....this board has become incredibly unreadable...it really is a shame....this time of year i look forward to reading this board the most...it might be worth it to just stay away from here for awhile...i could see this board imploding after week 1.

When fans are booing a first half preseason performance, on kids day no less, then it think you can be pretty sure that this forum will not be the site of reasoned discussion if the Bills lose week 1.

Which team other than the Bills was going to take him in the first round? It's my opinion (can't be proven) that no other team was going to take him in the first round. ...

Can anything be said with total certainty about events that never unfolded? No. You play your hunches in a draft and no player was ascending higher or faster than Manuel that entire college post season and leading up to the draft. I know for a fact we were convinced Philly was all set to take him and that one or two other teams were making noise as well.

None of that really matters anyway. If people need to convince themselves we were stupid and could have gotten him later, so be it. It serves no useful purpose because when you ID your guy and commit to him, you pull the trigger on the pick. If you're lucky, it pans out. If not, you move on.

GO BILLS!!!