Am I the only one who still believes in EJ?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm judging him from his regular season games only. I think I am the only one left on EJ island. It's nice here. Umbrella drinks.

I'm judging him on everything I've seen from him on the field and I will be shocked if he leads this team to the playoffs much less ever be considered a good QB. His mechanics which he supposedly worked on all offseason are terrible, not accurate at all, doesn't appear to be able to read defenses, stares down his receivers, and seems to be playing at a much slower speed then everyone else.

Queue the excuses that he's young, offensive line isn't giving him time, etc. I don't who gets more excuses, EJ or Gilmore.

I'm judging him on everything I've seen from him on the field and I will be shocked if he leads this team to the playoffs much less ever be considered a good QB. His mechanics which he supposedly worked on all offseason are terrible, not accurate at all, doesn't appear to be able to read defenses, stares down his receivers, and seems to be playing at a much slower speed then everyone else.

Queue the excuses that he's young, offensive line isn't giving him time, etc. I don't who gets more excuses, EJ or Gilmore.

It's funny that professionals who watch the film are drawing far different conclusions from yours. Care to break down a session with us simpletons?

It's funny that professionals who watch the film are drawing far different conclusions from yours. Care to break down a session with us simpletons?

I've heard a few professionals opine on Manuel. None have been particularly kind. Care to name any professionals who have been very impressed by Manuel, other than on topics that have nothing to do with on-field performance.

I've heard a few professionals opine on Manuel. None have been particularly kind. Care to name any professionals who have been very impressed by Manuel, other than on topics that have nothing to do with on-field performance.

I don't think the point is that they are saying EJ is impressive(they clearly aren't).....it is that they are saying that the entire offense played so poorly, that when analyzed, EJ does not appear to have played as badly as initial viewing might suggest.....and in fact better than many of his fellow offensive players.

Not everything is polarized. Saying EJ wasn't horrendeous does not mean that one is saying that he is good.

It's not even professionals, it's fans as well. I watch EJ and don't see what this fan see's. I feel like some of it is regurgitated drivel. Is it staring down a receiver if it's the first read and he's open? No, not in my opinion, which is what happened. I've seen him look off defenders. Also, the mechanics comment is odd, if you can't actually say specifically what the flaw is in his mechanics.

I still believe in EJ. I'm losing faith in our offensive scheme giving EJ the right situations to help us win. I don't think he can win us games on his own.

If we can't block better in both the run game and the passing game then we are in trouble. Our O-Line looks horrible to me. It's shame because I think our defense looks a legit top 10 defense.

No, you are not. Despite all the armchair experts who have decided EJ is a bust, I still see what I expected to see: a young quarterback who lacks experience but demonstrates strong skills and an ability to learn. This was always going to take time and nothing has changed in that regard. He is going to look good at times and bad at times. What I expect is that we see progress as the season progresses and increasing consistency. It is a shame that injuries derailed his rookie year, but if he stays relatively healthy, I think we will see a much more polished EJ by season's end.

Good to know the island has a few inhabitants who haven't given up and given in to the narrative. I don't have rose colored glasses on. I saw the bad plays in preseason. And the good plays. I saw the tweets about the bad practices. And the good practices. Mostly, I saw him play in real games last year. And I don't see any reason not to think he can still be a pretty good NFL QB. I feel like the local and national narrative has snowballed and taken on a life of its own. I will continue to base my opinion on his performance in games that count and realistic expectations of who he was when he was drafted and his level of experience to date. I think many people just hated the draft pick and haven't gotten over that yet. I never really watched him in college so I didnt have a pre-formed opinion. All I know is there have been QBs I loved coming out of college who did nothing in the NFL, and vice versa. So my belief that he can improve and lead this team to the playoffs is based on his 10.5 games from last year and his focus on getting better since then.

I Believe in EJ. IMO, It is way too early in his career to say that he is a bust. Statistically speaking, his rookie year was not all that bad. When compared to current NFL QBs that started their rookie seasons, his passer rating was near the middle of the pack. It will be interesting to see how he plays this year. For many years the Bills have had some of the NFL's worst receiving groups. This is by far, the most talented group they had had in a long time. Go Bills!!

• 4 weeks later...