It is obvious the Bills are not status quo anymore

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you like to point out other poster's over embellishments and logic excesses, but I am curious, how would you rate our guard play so far?

It is really hard as a fan to rate guard play when there isnt a whole lot of scheme in the pre seaason i.e guards pulling etc....lets all calm down, get along, and wait and see. We have a huge o line and something tells me these guys have been kept in a bottle in the pre season.

I so totally agree. It should not have taken this long to get a viable veteran QB. It seems like this team is more concerned about players feelings than fielding a winner.

This should have been done (or something very similar) the next day after Kolb went down last preseason. What took so long?

It is really hard as a fan to rate guard play when there isnt a whole lot of scheme in the pre seaason i.e guards pulling etc....lets all calm down, get along, and wait and see. We have a huge o line and something tells me these guys have been kept in a bottle in the pre season.

I'm not actually that far from where you are on this. But I can certainly understand other's concern. It was disturbing to see the confusion on assignments, poor run blocking and difficulties with speed rushers. But they are big boys and we need to see a few real games before hitting the panic button.

The status quo is over based on actions over the last 2 days? Never mind the entire last year...

The status quo is obviously still going strong based on the timing of the Orton signing. This type of signing should have occurred months ago. As for TJ, the writing has been on the wall ever since the Goodwin drafting, which in itself is a strong sign of the status quo.

With all the moves, trades, cuts, etc it is very obvious this team is about winning. I live the Orton signing and the release of those 3 awful back up QB's. Who else is glad TJ Graham is gone? I for one certainly am. What other moves does everyone like/dislike? Oh, Moorman was at the Bulls game today and my son met him, got his pic and he autographed it. What a classy guy and a great member of our community. Go Bills!

Why sign 2 other kickers after wasting a draft pick on 1 last year only to cut him ?????? Letting Cohen go HUH ??? Those things don't spell it's all about winning !!

And the Graham pick should have never happened in the first place with the players that were there at our pick another head scratcher ??

Edited by T master

Why sign 2 other kickers after wasting a draft pick on 1 last year only to cut him ?????? Letting Cohen go HUH ??? Those things don't spell it's all about winning !!

And the Graham pick should have never happened in the first place with the players that were there at our pick another head scratcher ??

Great points for sure. The kicker things wasnt so smart I agree. And I did like Cohen the D line is deep and thats probably the only reason why. Also his body of work was measured agains 2nd and 3rd stringers. We also dont know his attitude. Graham was drafted by Buddy, I know others were around too. I still think this team has made many good moves...Mike Williams, Bryce Brown, Sammy Watkins, Leodis, Hogan, Cordy Glenn, Henderson, Dareus, Mario Williams, kiko, Jerry Hughes, Brandon Spikes....this team has a lot of talent and it is all going to hinge on qb play.

I like the defense and I think we have some depth as well. The o-line is worrying. Williams has been injured most of the pre-season, Pears has not played guard before, and Henderson is a rookie at a new position. The Bills FO may have made an effort to address the o-line in the draft and with the signing of Williams, but I do not think it was enough, at least not for this year.

I so totally agree. It should not have taken this long to get a viable veteran QB. It seems like this team is more concerned about players feelings than fielding a winner.

And who's to say Orton wasn't their target all along (as Tim Graham has tweeted), with a standing offer from the Bills that he held off signing until other teams had set their rosters this week?

We just don't know. But it sure feels good to bash the FO, without having complete knowledge of the situation, doesn't it...

Bottom line? We signed a guy who looks like he should be able to help. Don't bash because the improvement of the team you wanted didn't happen the way you wanted it to.(Especially since we have zero idea what happened behind the scenes!)

Edited by Augie

Agree OP.... They are aggressive. They have compiled some real talent. Just need one guy to rise to stardom and pull it all together

If Chris Hogan can work past the flaws in his game and rise to stardom, then we are indeed a playoff team.

Our o-line is poor and the tight ends are weak. Needed to sign a quality guard in free agency and it did not happen. Our guards may be among the worst in the NFL.

Sure, I bet we would be in much better shape if we took Ebron instead of Sammy ... So happy we don't have Ebron

Our o-line is poor and the tight ends are weak. Needed to sign a quality guard in free agency and it did not happen. Our guards may be among the worst in the NFL.

yep, but hopefully Richardson turns out.

Did anyone think the signing of Chris Williams was a good signing for the Bills? PFF's list of free agent guards had Chris Williams rated at -21.8 for this play in 2013 and listed him as the 32nd best free agent guard out of 36. To my knowledge, Pears has never played guard in the NFL and his performance in the preseason game against Tampa Bay was negatively rated with a negative description of this play by PFF, noting that he "struggled."

No, time to bring in Inccognito.

and before other say we had him before, he got his act together after he left here (thought he played well when he was here, but probably to mean for Juron) and played at a probowl level. Sign the man!

yep, but hopefully Richardson turns out.

No, time to bring in Inccognito.

and before other say we had him before, he got his act together after he left here (thought he played well when he was here, but probably to mean for Juron) and played at a probowl level. Sign the man!

i don't care if we sign him but not sure he "got his act together" after he left here. And I don't mean the bullying or whatever that was. He smashed his Ferrari and went to rehab. Teams aren't signing him for some reason.