If you had a "Way Back Machine"...

...and you could go back in time the last, let's say 5 years just once, what would you advise the Bills (or who are we kidding) or what would you rather DEMAND the Bills to do?

(Note: it should be reasonable...I know, I know, we are talking about a time machine here, but still...reasonable)

The first and maybe easiest thing that comes to mind is to take Russell Wilson in the third round.

If for some reason they did not listen to me and I have to get something out of my time travel escapade...then sign Chad Rinehart to a two year, two million dollar deal, with one million guaranteed...and not listen to his or others' stupid excuses about following a coach out West, as the last time I checked, money still talks.

Not trade for Bledsoe, let Pillsbury have that season (we were going nowhere, no how) and draft Palmer in 2003

I was going by the OP's "last 5 years" rule.

How about in 2004, don't trade away your first 1st round pick for JP Looseman, and we would have had the 11th pick in the 1st round in 2005. instead of "get ready for it" aaron rodgers goes at the 25th pick to the Packers, the Bills get him, and we change everything.

This team has needed a franchise QB for 18 years. That one decision would have changed everything. Not Palmer, or Wilson, but a top 5 QB and probably after breaking several more records a first time HOF.

We have blown it so many times with the QB. What the hell was Buddy thinking with not going for one of these QB's a few years ago. And with that said, he was the best GM since Butler, not including Whaley.

These exercises just piss me off though as we get to keep reliving the tons of bonehead decisions. Until we get a real QB, this team is doomed to suck for a long time. I hope and pray this is just a big mess and EJ will light it up in the regular season. I doubt it, but until hope is gone by week 7, I always try and remain positive.

The Bills have a long history of doing inexplicable things.....

From firing the very best GM the NFL has seen in the history of the team in Bill Polain, a man who took a 2-14 team and built them into a SB team. Then firing another top talent evaluator in GM John Butler. After that Steeler GM Tom Donahoe lost a power struggle to Bill Cowher in Pittsburgh, so the Bills hire him, and promote him to president. After firing him they hire ex Bills HC Marv Levy as GM, a man who had no prior experience in an NFL FO, to not even having a GM for a few years.

Then when they do hire a new GM, its a 70 year old guy who just retired as chief scout, and also had no prior experience as a GM. Then that GM hires a HC who was previously fired from his old job as an OC.

Only the Buffalo Bills would keep hiring people who really didn't even qualify for the jobs they held, and don't get me started about the scouting dept.

woulda, shoulda, coulda...

Lets just hope the new owner /s (whomever they might be) want to win, and do the right things to build a winner.

Edited by FeartheLosing