Tuel Time OVER [may be striking midnight]

YoloinOhio

Anybody think that Bills did just pay him for the Bears playbook ?

I mean really . Guy isnt here a week and thrown into a fire ( Lions ) and released.

Thats what Marrone just did. And it's hilarious to me . Almost like he is haviing fun being odd .

Not sure about the Coaching just yet for the QB position .

I think Tuel stays. But i would also suggest they would hvae no problem moving him to the PS this time around if they can upgrade .

not much confidence right now , of course .

Whaley had better have a secret handshake already . Trade or waiver wire ?

You really think the Bills coaching staff could understand the Bear's playbook in just a couple of days ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is true. At least they didn't hang onto him to save face and they understand Tuel is a 3 at best.

According to the pre-season stats, Tuel is the best quarterback on this team.

I've liked his mistakes better than EJ's. Tuel should be starter, imo. No one else is brave enough to say it, so there.

I've liked his mistakes better than EJ's. Tuel should be starter, imo. No one else is brave enough to say it, so there.

He will be if EJ continues to struggle. They didn't play him because they don't want him hurt.

AGREE. THANK YOU FOR SAYING WHAT I COULDNT

I assume they knew Thad was out so like Leinart last year they needed a body for Thursday. If he impresses - cool. If not- oh well, get some insight.

Sure. Ruin the intrigue i was creating .

You really think the Bills coaching staff could understand the Bear's playbook in just a couple of days ?

ouch.

He will be if EJ continues to struggle. They didn't play him because they don't want him hurt.

If only that were true ^, And Buddy Nix retired, because after he saw Tuel play, he knew he'd found the next Tom Brady, and just needed any old Bledsoe, EJ, to give him time to develop. What a brilliant cunning move.

Tuel will likely be starting by week 2 Just look at last year. All the QBs got clobbered at some point but Tuel stayed healthy and played decent vs Chiefs. TJ fumbled away any chance for him to win that game. He threw a nice rollout, under pressure to TJ in HoF game, but TJ forgot where the chains were. Had another off TJs hands for INT. Why not try giving Tuel a decent target other than TJ? He was connecting with Gurley just fine. His short passes are much better than EJs. His deep passes are more accurate. He probably has a more realistic post game press conference perspective as well.

This preseason, Manuel has averaged 6.3 yards per attempt. That's not good--in fact it's a bit worse than Trent Edwards' career average of 6.5 yards per attempt. Unfortunately, Jeff Tuel has averaged a very underwhelming 5.2 yards per attempt this preseason. A number like that has to improve significantly for Tuel to be a long-term answer as a backup, let alone a starter.

At this point, no one on the Bills roster is playing like a starting quarterback.

My expectation is that the Bills will not win a Super Bowl until the owner, general manager, head coach, both coordinators, and quarterback have all been replaced.