Michael Sam is cut - should we sign him?(Update - signed in Big D)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for him. Personally i think he can play or at least deserves the right to be on a PS. IF he is not on one it is solely the media's fault. Teams do not like distractions, much less ones that come with a fringe type player, IE Tebow. The media might just ruin this person's hopes and dreams, not him being gay. If him being gay is not a big deal, which i don't think it is, than the media needs to stop all the extra coverage. It is a shame, the media and access we have is great but it is a slippery slope.

Totally agree. Don't think they get it though. Check this out if you haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfsG63-lbyc

Tim Tebow literally believes that Michael Sam is going to a place after he dies with fiery pits and flames for all of eternity because of the way he was born, even if everything else he does in life is morally just and he is an otherwise great man. That's kinda crazy huh? Like he actually believes that.

N that is what makes him so AWESOME! :beer:

Tim Tebow literally believes that Michael Sam is going to a place after he dies with fiery pits and flames for all of eternity because of the way he was born, even if everything else he does in life is morally just and he is an otherwise great man. That's kinda crazy huh? Like he actually believes that.

If people spent less time and effort worrying about what other people think, felt, did, and just worried about themselves, this world would be a lot less complicated.

He reminds me of Aaron Maybin in preseason. Good at being a one trick speed rusher vs second teamers. Pretty useless in real games.

he is somewhat of a Maybin clone. Exception being a bit larger and more suited for every down play. But that's about it. He's a backup player, I think we have more pressing needs to bring in (all available QB's, CBs perhaps, which still worry me given how easily they are beat on by bigger WR's)

Edited by RyanC883

No. Not that it is his fault, but no need for a media distraction thrown on top of the reports of Marrone/Whaley conflict and everybody panicking about EJ.

And him not making the Rams roster isnt suspicious as some suggest, Westbrooks was matching him and it was a toss up, maybe the media being all over him was what made Westbrooks a more attractive option.

I know as a GM i would not want to HAVE to make a statement that cutting a 7th rounder was a "football decision". He was just like any other draft pick besides for the media glamour.

No one should care if he's gay, just another human being living his life. Agree or disagree he's done what he has thought is right and that is admirable.

This thread wouldn't exist if he wasn't openly gay. Good for him for being openly gay, but simply put, the media attention regarding who he chooses to get naked with is the only reason we know his name. Unless he has a rocket QB arm, or isn't some Syracuse coach who would start his star WR in a preseason game despite a rib injury, I'll pass on him.

Looks like he might not make it. He has looked pretty good in the PS, but the Rams DE depth is too much. We need some depth pass rushers behind Mario and Hughes.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 10s

Interesting RT @MikeSilver: I do not expect Michael Sam to end up on the Rams' 53-man roster. But could absolutely end up on some team's 53

IMO - this team could actually use a distraction.

I think it's kind of a catch 22: the only reason to think we'd want him here is if he made Rams roster and wasn't available to us. Fischer knows defense and if he waived him, I wouldn't bother. JMHO

This thread wouldn't exist if he wasn't openly gay. Good for him for being openly gay, but simply put, the media attention regarding who he chooses to get naked with is the only reason we know his name. Unless he has a rocket QB arm, or isn't some Syracuse coach who would start his star WR in a preseason game despite a rib injury, I'll pass on him.

What in blue blazes are you talking about?

He was drafted as Kronkie wanted to make a statement. Yes, he did well in the SEC, but he's undersized, had a bad combine, slow for a DE, and I could care less if he or anyone else is gay. It's none of my business which is my position about anyone I meet. If he's a better player that what is on our roster, then pick him up. I don't see him as better than our current roster.