Michael Sam is cut - should we sign him?(Update - signed in Big D)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is true he doesn't play ST, because he doesn't meet Fisher's ideas of what a ST'er should "look like".

I don't have NFLN, but that bit about "not a good practice player" is not what Fisher has said about him. Fisher has said publically and loudly that any team that picks up Sam will not "have any challenges". I think most HC would say "not a good practice player" would represent a major challenge, esp. for a PS player whose major duty is the scout team in practice and it would hurt a HC

I think networks are making up excuses and Wood has nailed the real reason.

Along with Ritchie Incognito and Kelvin Sheppard, both were front for a while

? Sam is a DE. Some teams do try to convert DE to LB but they usually want the whole preseason to try it

can you please explain the bolded and where you sourced this information ?

I think this is Jerry trying to keep the team relevant and on the front page. Many were saying, over the weekend, Sam would have still been on the Rams if it wasn't for all the extra media attention. When talking about JF he said if they had drafted him it would have kept the Cowboys relevant for many years to come.

I think this is Jerry trying to keep the team relevant and on the front page. Many were saying, over the weekend, Sam would have still been on the Rams if it wasn't for all the extra media attention. When talking about JF he said if they had drafted him it would have kept the Cowboys relevant for many years to come.

Whatever jerrah does you have to wonder about this, especially with his team expected to suck this year.

Whatever jerrah does you have to wonder about this, especially with his team expected to suck this year.

Jerrah doesn't share merchandising revenue with the rest of teams. not sure why but he doesn't participate in the league scheme. Therefore, all the Sam jersey money will go to him (and his St Louis jersey sold a ton).

nope it wouldn't be for anything but a publicity stunt. saying any different would be wrong. he's not going to start on this team. he can't play special teams. the main reason anyone is considering this is because of all the hype surrounding him. if you take away his life story he's just another maybin.

nope it wouldn't be for anything but a publicity stunt. saying any different would be wrong. he's not going to start on this team. he can't play special teams. the main reason anyone is considering this is because of all the hype surrounding him. if you take away his life story he's just another maybin.

Maybin atleast had hype based on how good he might have ended up being. Football related hype.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

So if Sam actually plays somewhere and ends up being a contributor, what does that mean for people who seem to have a real big problem with the dude? Seriously, it's not like he's phoning ESPN with reports on the number of team tackles he racked up in practice. I imagine the hype and scrutiny will die down if and when he settles into a roster.

So if Sam actually plays somewhere and ends up being a contributor, what does that mean for people who seem to have a real big problem with the dude?

Means nothing. People who have a problem will continue to have a problem.

Seriously, it's not like he's phoning ESPN with reports on the number of team tackles he racked up in practice. I imagine the hype and scrutiny will die down if and when he settles into a roster.

:lol: You're basing that on...what, modern American society's and the media's ability to be rational and let go of an artificially hyped-up story?