Round 3: Sale of the team

Beerball

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, for years we feared that a cash-flush, deep-pocketed, free-spender would come in and swoop up the team and move it to big bad LA or Toronto. It's amazing that in the end the rich cat is one of our own and that he was completely unknown in these parts just a few short years ago.

It's pretty surreal, and it's maybe the truest harbinger of great things to come for the ever reviving God's Country known as WNY.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

True, though I was kind of also referring to the fear and uncertainty of the last few years, not knowing if/when Ralph might pass and not having any real clue what might happen then...

"Last few years?" Man, this sh*t has been slowly eating away at me for at least 10 years.

I gotta say this is the greatest day in sports for me. All the Super Bowls, division titles, Heat championships etc etc pale in comparison.

It just might be. How far behind can the Superbowl be? Having an owner who cares about winning over profis doesn't guarantee a championship but it sure makes it more of a real possibility

"Last few years?" Man, this sh*t has been slowly eating away at me for at least 10 years.

It's been the Sword of Damocles for my whole life, and I'm 52.

In the early 70s, Ralph kept threatening to move to Seattle.

Terry Pegula is trending on twitter