Preseason Game #5: Lions at Bills - 8/28/14 @ 7 PM

One TD drive, or three series, whichever comes first.

Oh, and one grumpy old man comment. I appreciate the technical effort that goes into creating a slide show, but would it really be so hard for the intern responsible to write some captions? Context is always nice, if one is actually interested in presenting historical information. Grumble.

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Detroit Defense... Disappointing?

"The problem the
have harbored for a generation hasn't changed: The secondary is underwhelming and easily picked apart. Defensive coordinator Teryl Austin hasn't unfurled his entire scheme, but as of now there are no playmakers in the secondary and it's a soft group that can be diced up by good quarterbacks with time.

The run defense hasn't looked nearly as stout as last season, which could become a problem with three top-10 backs within the division."

Fairley: "My eating habits got in the way."

"Fairley remains a backup for a second straight week because he's not playing well and he's not in shape."

Stafford's looking sharp

"Stafford... connected on a 28-yard pass to Golden tate on Detroit's second play from scrimmage and a 4-yard score to Kris Durham on the second drive."

I'd play EJ, Watkins, Spiller one series. Oline would play first quarter, if not half. Let Preston Brown take over for Bradham now so he'll be ready for da Bears. Sit Mario, Hughes, Spikes, Kyle Williams. No news on Marcel yet, so let him play. TJ Graham should get a lot of time. Still think TJ makes team.

One series? What is the point of that? You honestly play EJ the entire first half again. You have to.

One series? What is the point of that? You honestly play EJ the entire first half again. You have to.

As others have aptly pointed out, you must have the first string O-Line out there for every EJ snap.

Not saying it cant be done, but that amplifies your injury risk to important players.

Also, if EJ isnt playing against the opposing 1st string, it really wont help much.