Preseason Game #5: Lions at Bills - 8/28/14 @ 7 PM

Bills-Lions game preview

A good number of Buffalo’s starters are expected to take the field Thursday night against the Detroit Lions.

8-28-ScoutingReport.jpg

The final preseason game is typically the last opportunity for bubble players to make a case that they deserve a spot on the 53-man roster. A good number of Buffalo’s starters however, are expected to take the field Thursday night against the Detroit Lions. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.

5 things to watch for during Bills - Lions

5 things to watch for during Bills - Lions by Joe Buscaglia

It’s the tradition unlike any other. Well, that’s not totally true. But, the Buffalo Bills and Detroit Lions once again have a date in the preseason, and just like last year, it will serve as an audition for a newly acquired member of the franchise. Jobs will be on the line and finality will be served to all training camp battles at the conclusion of 60 minutes of football. So what should you be on the lookout for? Here are five different Bills related topics for Thursday:

Bills offense gets last preseason test vs Lions

By JOHN WAWROW

The Buffalo Bills defense can take a break.

However, quarterback EJ Manuel and Buffalo's sputtering starting offense isn't expected to get much rest in the preseason finale against the Detroit Lions on Thursday night.

"Yes, absolutely, I'm looking to play those guys," Marrone said this week. "I think, obviously, we're much further ahead on (the defensive side) of the ball than we are (on offense)."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd play EJ, Watkins, Spiller one series. Oline would play first quarter, if not half. Let Preston Brown take over for Bradham now so he'll be ready for da Bears. Sit Mario, Hughes, Spikes, Kyle Williams. No news on Marcel yet, so let him play. TJ Graham should get a lot of time. Still think TJ makes team.

Given where we seem to be as a team I'd recommend the below for playing time.

Sit: Kyle, Leodis (he needs playing time, bu trest for his groin more IMO)

One drive of 5+ plays: Watkins, Spiller, Mario, Chandler, Spikes, A. Williams

First Quarter or until he leads a solid TD drive (whichever comes first): EJ

1st quarter: Other starters

1st half: starting o-line

All game: Carpenter, Jordan Gay

Edited by Matt in KC

Jordan Palmer's debut and 5 things to watch for in Bills-Lions preseason game

Newly signed Buffalo Bills quarterback Jordan Palmer stood at the podium for his introductory press conference and said he's here to serve any way he can.

On Thursday, that could mean a significant amount of playing time. As one of only three quarterbacks on the roster, Palmer could have a chance to win over his new team in its fifth and final preseason game against the Detroit Lions at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Frum bb.com:

TELEVISION: The Bills final preseason game is not sold out and will be blacked out on local television. The game will be broadcast on a tape delay on Friday, Aug. 29 on WKBW at 7 p.m. and WHAM at 7:30 p.m., as well as on Time Warner Cable Sportschannel on Saturday, Aug. 30 at 2:30 p.m.

PLAY-BY-PLAY: Ray Bentley

COLOR ANALYST: Steve Tasker

SIDELINE: Mike Catalana

I'd really like to see signs out of Palmer that he could be a competent backup. I realize that's a longshot, but hopefully he looks better than Tuel.

With only a few practices with the team I doubt he does anything special but if he's at tuel's level tonight I think he could progress.