How about a little appreciation for Bon Jovi?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing is set in stone, but it clearly looks like the Toronto group is against the ropes. How about we actually give a little gratitude to Bon Jovi for a change?

We will never know his true intentions; maybe he desperately wanted the team in Toronto, or maybe he had no intentions of moving them and just wanted to own a team. But Bon Jovi - deservedly or not - became a rallying cry for Bills fans across the world. If he hadn't partnered up with the Toronto group, who knows, maybe they would've flown under the radar. I honestly think his inovlement in the process unexpectedly became a catylst for the team staying here.

A) Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

B) F--- Bon Jovi....forever.

This is true only if you actually believed the trust would have sold to a Canadian group.

Canadian group or not, more than a few believed the story that Ralph wanted the team auctioned-off to the highest bidder after his death. And/or thought that Ralph only stayed in Buffalo because he had nowhere else to go and thus didn't really care about Buffalo.

I am not trolling... I seriously think that JBJ becoming public enemy #1 (whethe it was warranted or not) created a fervor that really brought a lot of attention to our situation. And maybe some outside investors that considered buying the team saw what was going on and decided to back off, not wishing to get into a public battle with a community.

It's easy to just hate on the guy, but I don't think he was ever really a viable candidate in the first place. In hindsight, he probably went after the wrong franchise at the wrong time.

I am not trolling... I seriously think that JBJ becoming public enemy #1 (whethe it was warranted or not) created a fervor that really brought a lot of attention to our situation. And maybe some outside investors that considered buying the team saw what was going on and decided to back off, not wishing to get into a public battle with a community.

It's easy to just hate on the guy, but I don't think he was ever really a viable candidate in the first place. In hindsight, he probably went after the wrong franchise at the wrong time.

FWIW I agree with your premise. It was much easier to get media coverage of our collective, unified outrage with JBJ in the picture. The media that JBJ's presence brought to the group proved to be a double edged sword in the end.

Canadian group or not, more than a few believed the story that Ralph wanted the team auctioned-off to the highest bidder after his death. And/or thought that Ralph only stayed in Buffalo because he had nowhere else to go and thus didn't really care about Buffalo.

None of those posters are the ones going on and on about JBJ.

The same ones who claimed that Ralph's last gift to Buffalo was that poison pilll lease are claiming he would have, through his trust, allowed the team to be sold to a group from Toronto who might naturally move the team.

It make no sense to hold both of these beliefs. It's all made up drama.

I dont think the community needed Bon Jovi to come together. The simple fact the team sells out more games than not in the middle of a 14 year playoff drought tells me all I need to know about this Community and their love of the Bills

None of those posters are the ones going on and on about JBJ.

The same ones who claimed that Ralph's last gift to Buffalo was that poison pilll lease are claiming he would have, through his trust, allowed the team to be sold to a group from Toronto who might naturally move the team.

It make no sense to hold both of these beliefs. It's all made up drama.

Really? So then why would someone who believed that Ralph never cared about Buffalo and wanted the team to be sold to the highest bidder after his death (with the implication being the team would be moved) suddenly start to think that the team was never in danger of moving?

Really? So then why would someone who believed that Ralph never cared about Buffalo and wanted the team to be sold to the highest bidder after his death (with the implication being the team would be moved) suddenly start to think that the team was never in danger of moving?

Ralph stayed in Buffalo because it was a golden goose for him. He was a clever business man (not a clever football team owner, in the classic sense). It never made sense for him to move. This has been pointed out over and over.

It's likely the team will be sold to the highest bidder. I also believe, obviously based on the lease he negotiated, that he would not let the trust sell to a team that would move it.

Pretty simple, doc.

The team is going to go to the highest bidder.