Cyrus Kouandijo

People in this thread are hilarious.

Yes, he's doomed because he hasn't adjusted to the speed of the NFL in 3 preseason games.

That's absolutely laughable, and this is coming from a guy that picked Kouandjio as his "guaranteed bust" in the "name your draft bust" thread this year.

As for moving him to OG, there's a lot to learn about playing in limited space, and I think that--when a guy is already struggling to adjust to the pro game--teams try to avoid throwing even more learning into the mix.

Let's remember this about footwork and speed: when it comes to "fast feet" vs "slow feet" the actual difference in speed is fractions of a second. The real defining factor in the speed/mechanics of footwork is muscle memory, which is absolutely something that can be trained.

That's how a guy like Jonathan Ogden goes from giving up the most sacks in the NFL in his second year (and subsequently being tried at LG) to a HOF LT.

Bandit nailed it on the head...Considering a guy a bust after his limited NFL experience is ludicrous. Not all players get it as fast as others. Seantrel Henderson has acclimated very fast and it appears Cyrus Kouandjio needs a lot more time. Will he ever get it I don't know, but to say give up and cut him is laughable

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we now know why he "slipped" to the Bills in the 2nd round. He is more raw and more of a project than the Bills realized and it seems like other teams figured that out and that's why they passed on him.

Having said that, the Bills need to be PATIENT, they used a high pick on him and they should stick with him and develop him and see what we have over time with him as a RT. That might mean he doesn't see game action this year as he learns the position and different protections and responsibilities. Let's hope he isn't pressed into game action due to an injury before he's ready !

Worst 2nd Rd pick since James Hardy. Hope he can turn it around, but he sure looks like a Jane Russell-sized bust.

The guy hasn't played one down that counts but he's the worst second round since....

Oh just shut up ....next training camp fire away with this type of comment.

Watching him play a lot in college, I'm not sure who would ever consider him agile. He lumbered around and looked to excert maximum effort to get his feet moving fast. He was the epitome of a road grader IMO.

If you think that Kujo was a road grader, what did you think of Warmack and Fluker? These were the physical beasts on that OL.

Kujo was strong, but was never THAT type of strong. And remember too, he blocked for backs that were superb (Lacey, Yeldon, etc.)

Let's just hope that Kujo gets WAY better. I am rooting for the kid big time as a lifelong Tide Fan AND a Bills Fan.

I think it is fair to say that right now it looks like a wasted pick. But I think that you have to examine the front office strategy as a whole. They picked three offensive linemen. They rolled the dice on two of them and right now they are at 50% positive. That is great for any draft. Richardson is performing well and Henderson is exceeding expectations. Two out of three is great. Maybe Kouandjo will come around next year maybe not but if Richardson and Henderson both pan out and Kouandjo fails you have to give the front office a B+ to A for a grade for o-line picks. Kouandjo or no Kouandjo.

I think it is fair to say that right now it looks like a wasted pick. But I think that you have to examine the front office strategy as a whole. They picked three offensive linemen. They rolled the dice on two of them and right now they are at 50% positive. That is great for any draft. Richardson is performing well and Henderson is exceeding expectations. Two out of three is great. Maybe Kouandjo will come around next year maybe not but if Richardson and Henderson both pan out and Kouandjo fails you have to give the front office a B+ to A for a grade for o-line picks. Kouandjo or no Kouandjo.

I'm pulling for Cyrus more so than others cause I loved the ability he kid has if medically cleared. However, you can't bust second rounders like that. The second round in today's nfl is more or less an extension of the first in terms of the gap in talent. Especially when you consider how deep this recent class was.

I'm pulling for Cyrus more so than others cause I loved the ability he kid has if medically cleared. However, you can't bust second rounders like that. The second round in today's nfl is more or less an extension of the first in terms of the gap in talent. Especially when you consider how deep this recent class was.

Especially when you gave up a first in 2015 in the trade for Watkins so you could keep that 2nd.

Kouandjio has been pretty terrible thus far this season. I would have expected much more out of the second round pick. On the flip side, I take my hat off to Seantrel Henderson. He's been fantastic and certainly not playing like a 7th round pick.

I think he's going to get cut, actually.

It's amazing how a guy like this could be a bust, but he is.

By the way, the sack at the end was comical. He totally whiffed on the block, and then HE was the one who caused the fumble-- he reached in and knocked the ball out of Tuel's hand.

His career is a few minutes long but he's clearly a bust. I wouldn't want to start a new job working for you. I'd either have a coronary or get fired in minute 3.

The most disturbing part, after he swatted the ball out of Tuel's hand, was the total lack of effort to tackle Jones. Watch the replay, he just stands there when he could have easily downed Jones at the 20, then again at the 5. Instead the ball is placed at the 1 yard line. He was just a spectator on that play.

He just has cement blocks for feet NYC.

Either that or he's injured. Regardless, he just can't move well. I don't think he'll be cut and I don't think they'll risk placing him on the practice squad so I think he's headed for IR.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not buying into that excuse that Cyrus needs to get acclimated to the NFL level. He's playing against camp fodder. It's almost like he's still in college.

Agreed...He can't pass block players who are going to be bagging groceries in a couple weeks...Personally I think it's mostly between his ears...There have been plenty of RT's who have come into the NFL that lack foot speed...Loadholt ran a 5.53 at his Combine...Cyrus ran a 5.42 and a 5.53 at his 2nd Pro Day...Both are huge men with great wingspans...For whatever reason Kouandjio is not taking well to Marrone's approach...He looks lost and confused out there...Whatever Marrone is trying with him it's not working... B-)

I think he's going to get cut, actually.

It's amazing how a guy like this could be a bust, but he is.

By the way, the sack at the end was comical. He totally whiffed on the block, and then HE was the one who caused the fumble-- he reached in and knocked the ball out of Tuel's hand.

If you truly believe the first line, it's you showing a fundamental misunderstanding of the league

What evidence do we have that Marrone knows what he is doing? I haven't noticed anything that rises above mediocre. Why is he better than the 5 previous Bills head coaches?

I'm not sure how he became a line guru. I know he played it. But not at a terribly high level. Was he THAT good of a position coach?

I think the kid looks confused more than anything. He needs more time than we hoped for a second rounder. Looking at youtube clips, his feet were not that slow at Bama.

Watching him run block, he is dominant. I doubt the Bills give up on him. This kid is not Ed Spriggs or Jerry Crafts, the upside is worth waiting out.

If you truly believe the first line, it's you showing a fundamental misunderstanding of the league

It would be radical, but not unprecedented, to cut a high pick. I think the steelers did with a 1st round lineman, though they gave him one season before cutting him.

If the staff thinks he's hopeless, then what's the point in keeping him? If they think they can develop him, then there's reason to keep him. I have heard or seen nothing positive from him; that he is getting so badly abused by camp fodder is a red flag.