Training camp - Pittsburgh style

YoloinOhio

Just curious if anyone else thought this. But did anyone else ever get a gay vibe from Jairus Byrd? Not that it's a bad thing.... :beer:

George-Takei-oh-my.jpg

Maybe Buffaloriles is having his own "coming out" post. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :beer:

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't noticed and certainly wouldn't care, but what a strange thing to post in the thread about today's practice against the Steelers!

Show me an appropriate thread to ask that? Sometimes you just gotta go for it. B-):beer:

Edited by buffaloriles

So with time, a rookie qb might improve? What a crazy concept! :)

Bills fans have seen plenty of improvement in JP Losman, Trent Edwards and more recently Fitz.

JP had some excellent moments as a second year player and decent numbers for a less than stellar offensive unit.

Trent had a lot of people fooled into thinking he was going to be an outright star in the NFL.

Fitz had a lot of people thinking he was going to be a damn good one too. Including the Bills.

The problem has actually been what happened once teams got sufficient tape on those guys.

Opponents then schemed to take away what they did well and challenged them to play to their weaknesses.

That's what separates the good starting QB's from the career reserve types.

Bills fans have seen plenty of improvement in JP Losman, Trent Edwards and more recently Fitz.

JP had some excellent moments as a second year player and decent numbers for a less than stellar offensive unit.

Trent had a lot of people fooled into thinking he was going to be an outright star in the NFL.

Fitz had a lot of people thinking he was going to be a damn good one too. Including the Bills.

The problem has actually been what happened once teams got sufficient tape on those guys.

Opponents then schemed to take away what they did well and challenged them to play to their weaknesses.

That's what separates the good starting QB's from the career reserve types.

I don't disagree with any of that. A couple of points though:

1) Edwards, Fitz, & Losman don't matter when evaluating EJ. Neither does Jim Kelly.

2) I used to think you need 3 years to properly judge a qb. It seems that by the end of year 2 now, you can have a good indication. Good or bad, I'm not going to make any rash judgements on EJ until after the year.

3) whether you agree with EJ's pitch, he was showed a bigger commitment than any Bills qb since Kelly. Edwards was a 3rd rounder, Fitz was a former 7th rounder journeyman, & Losman was the 4th qb of his class.

They are going to be a lot more patience with him than those other guys. I guess we'll see if it's right or wrong soon enough.

Just curious if anyone else thought this. But did anyone else ever get a gay vibe from Jairus Byrd? Not that it's a bad thing.... :beer:

Why, you interested?

Some observations from being there tonight:

1) defense looked solid. Saw some big hits, including a pile driver by 91. A couple of steelers fans raved to me about Dareus and Kyle Williams. Aaron Williams played pretty "chippy," which I liked.

2) tough to see the offense on the far field, but EJ did look sharp. Seemed like they ran a lot of comeback routes, and he was hitting guys really well. All the QBs took more sacks than they should have, largely due to blitzes. Unsure whether tuel or Thad looked better/worse.

3) chandler looks like he could have a nice year; saw EJ connecting with him a bunch.

4) st. Vincent's is a really beautiful campus, up in the laurel highlands. But not in the same league at SJF in terms of set up.

Show me an appropriate thread to ask that? Sometimes you just gotta go for it. B-):beer:

Well you could have started one. I mean the title would reveal the intention.

but no i did not. i was not a fan of Byrd the last two years he was with the Bills. I think it not entirely his fault. just different perspectives i suppose.

The Saints may be where he finds his home god bless the young man

Some observations from being there tonight:

1) defense looked solid. Saw some big hits, including a pile driver by 91. A couple of steelers fans raved to me about Dareus and Kyle Williams. Aaron Williams played pretty "chippy," which I liked.

2) tough to see the offense on the far field, but EJ did look sharp. Seemed like they ran a lot of comeback routes, and he was hitting guys really well. All the QBs took more sacks than they should have, largely due to blitzes. Unsure whether tuel or Thad looked better/worse.

3) chandler looks like he could have a nice year; saw EJ connecting with him a bunch.

4) st. Vincent's is a really beautiful campus, up in the laurel highlands. But not in the same league at SJF in terms of set up.

Thank you Brother , I feel much better from your report .As compared to the wednesday edition from Rodak.

Appreciate the effort helping us out. :thumbsup: