Training camp - Pittsburgh style

YoloinOhio

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From his article (off topic from your tweet, but something I found cool)

"Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus and Jerry Hughes combined for 41 sacks last season, most than all but a dozen teams in the league."

Our front four would be 12th in the league in total team sacks? Nice. :)

Actually they had 52 sacks as a team. That is 41 sacks by just 4 Bills players.

I loved the Will Graves tweet of : "Sammy Watkins 1. The poor guy stuck covering him on any given play 0." Ha.

Sammy is making a training camp impact -- not only in Buffalo but among the national media -- like no other rookie WR I've ever seen.

His ability to get in and out of breaks quickly is unbelievable. My god.

That is why you make that trade. He is a level above. Any team in any sport in any year, in order to be good, has to have at least one and usually 2-3 star players. The Bills have a lot of very good players. Mario may be a star. Kyle and Dareus are close.

But Watkins is going to be a star, and a star is worth more to a team than even two very good players, because you really cannot win without them.

How's Justin Gilbert?

I don't (entirely) mean that as an insult, I am genuinely curious.

He's fine. He hurt his groin. But he's back now and will be playing Monday night. Unfortunately, he'll always be compared to Sammy. *Sigh* Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

@Cleveland, the Browns franchise is one of the few that actually has my sympathy / empathy...your town is loyal and loves football...Browns' owner has issues, but man are they do for a good team, much like Buffalo...so, while I don't want them to succeed against the BILLS, in general I do hope for your sake and so many fans like you that they can turn it around and become a good, competitive football team...best of luck (unless and until they play the BILLS)

@Cleveland, the Browns franchise is one of the few that actually has my sympathy / empathy...your town is loyal and loves football...Browns' owner has issues, but man are they do for a good team, much like Buffalo...so, while I don't want them to succeed against the BILLS, in general I do hope for your sake and so many fans like you that they can turn it around and become a good, competitive football team...best of luck (unless and until they play the BILLS)

Thank you! I agree, we are both long overdue for the fortunes to finally flip!!

:cry::censored:

Sammy Watkins toasts Steelers CB with ridiculous double move

Dexterity is apparently not Watkins' only gift, as another video recently surfaced of him absolutely destroying Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Lew Toler.

It's impressive on many levels, including the initial move off the line of scrimmage that forces Toler to rotate his hips to his left, the opposite direction that Watkins runs to. If you watch the video again, Toler is out of position from the snap of the ball.

Toler makes the same mistake twice in a row, falling for Watkins' initial move after he gets upfield. He trails him to the posts as Watkins changes direction and heads back to the corner.

Same sentiments here. Loyal fans are what makes the NFL awesome.

He's fine. He hurt his groin. But he's back now and will be playing Monday night. Unfortunately, he'll always be compared to Sammy. *Sigh*

Gilbert appears to be a very good prospect and fits your D. Unsure if he is a game changer though, and since he will be held up next to Watkins, that part will follow him in the eyes of fans. If Gordon was playing, it wouldn't seem nearly as much of a loss to have taken Gilbert. Gibert is a Pettine pick, all around.

Gilbert appears to be a very good prospect and fits your D. Unsure if he is a game changer though, and since he will be held up next to Watkins, that part will follow him in the eyes of fans. If Gordon was playing, it wouldn't seem nearly as much of a loss to have taken Gilbert. Gibert is a Pettine pick, all around.

Haden/Gilbert should make a pretty good CB tandem.

Thank you! I agree, we are both long overdue for the fortunes to finally flip!!

Btw, I posted that statement in a bit of a hurry, so thank you for not crucifying me for my English error when I used "do" instead of "due"...gracious of you and appreciate that you took the overture of the spirit of the post and not the letter of it!