Training camp - Pittsburgh style

YoloinOhio

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yinz are making me hungry

Match ups I am interested in -

Gilmore vs. Antonio brown - he had major issues in coverage on him last year and has traditionally struggled with smaller, speed WRs. Last year he was coming off the injury, would like to see that matchup now

Our OL vs Pitt DL - mismatch last year in their favor. No Glenn, should be interesting

EJ vs Pitt D - enough said

Our DL vs Pitt OL - their OL has struggled to protect Ben recently

Our secondary vs Dri archer - this little guy from Kent sT can flat out fly and has looked really good so far. Caught a 46yd TD in 1st PS game.

Our run D vs Lagarrette Blount - PTSD

(Bell too)

Also may draft them as a combo in FF

Apparently you are trying to interject football into a food thread. Talk about old haunts always seems to come back to the favorite food joints.

And Mad Mex for some really good Mexican food.

Fathead's in the Southside for insane burgers and sandwiches. Wings and nachos too.

Church Brew Works near the Strip District is worth a visit. Good beer, decent pizza, and certainly unique.

Fathead's in the Southside for insane burgers and sandwiches. Wings and nachos too.

Church Brew Works near the Strip District is worth a visit. Good beer, decent pizza, and certainly unique.

See, I hate to say I told you so.

:-)

My money is on Primanti Brothers!

Man I always hated Primanti Bros sandwiches. I think it was the bread because I have no issue with fries on my sandwich.

I love me some Fatheads though. Go there for food and beer - both are great. The Church Brewery is cool and the food was good, but the beer was not. Great set up though.

I’m sure the players are thrilled that they have to bus for an hour to practice and back each day. Are there no hotels near Latrobe or was this just poor planning?

It use to be. Now they are in st. Louis.

Anheuser-Busch bought Rolling Rock but it is brewed in their Newark, New Jersey facility, not St. Louis.

And Mad Mex for some really good Mexican food.

Not that I'm old, but I definitely remember when that place opened...

Good food aside, I'm pretty excited to see how we measure up against the Stillers - it will be a great measuring stick and a chance to build some confidence this off season.

I was interested to read that Tomlin and EJ know each other, it'll be fun to see what Mikey has to say about EJ at the end of it all. There was also a great quote from 7-Eleven on Murph last night who said the team feels like there just starting to get to the point of gelling and really clicking - let's hope!

Not that I'm old, but I definitely remember when that place opened...

Good food aside, I'm pretty excited to see how we measure up against the Stillers - it will be a great measuring stick and a chance to build some confidence this off season.

I was interested to read that Tomlin and EJ know each other, it'll be fun to see what Mikey has to say about EJ at the end of it all. There was also a great quote from 7-Eleven on Murph last night who said the team feels like there just starting to get to the point of gelling and really clicking - let's hope!

Watching them against Carolina and getting first-hand "reports" from friends that went to practice, it sounds like that's the case. Now, how well that carries over into the regular season remains to be seen, but it's encouraging nevertheless.

I had heard they were staying in latrobe, I dont know what happened.

Not only is it an hour drive, but it is an awful drive.

Tunnel traffic, rush hour is 18 hours a day in pittsburgh it seems.

Ill be there early today, cannot wait!

We expect a full report to go along woth YOLOs fine work !

Enjoy and drink responsibly. wait....

no worries! I do not have twitter, but I will be posting in here as often as I can!

got things to watch for. They are practicing on 2 fields.

YOLO's is a machine! I just happen to be in the right place at the right time!

Got a box of Super Mario's to get signed, along with a bills hard hat