Chicago Media- Bills are an Easy Win

This is excellent news. We want everyone to believe that because, despite what players say about taking every opponent seriously, they are human. And if everyone tells you the Bills suck and you should win easy you start believing it. Then on game day they get punched in the mouth.

+1....boom!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to local Chicago sports radio and most are calling the Bills an "easy win" for the Bears in the season opener.

It's that same old media bias against the Bills and it kind of stings a little hearing it first hand especially since the Bears were 8-8 last year.

How I would love for the Bills to prove them wrong in a big way!

This bias may be on the radio but the Chicago Tribune is not proclaiming victory. In fact there is concern regarding some injuries to the OL.

Have you signed up for our Week One party? http://forums.twobil...e/#entry3183951

If jethro_tull signs up for the party, I can discuss not one but two favorite topics with him/her.

Have they improved upon that almost worst defense in the NFL from last year? If not, I wouldn't call any team an "easy win."

I agree. QUestion marks on both teams at several positions so it will come down to which team filled their holes the best. On paper, save for QB and WR, the Bills appear better in every other department (yea, including RB)

http://player.radio....n/670-the-score

Listening to 670 the Score in Chicago really shows how WGR is amateur hour when it comes to sports talk.

I love WGR! The homeliness is the best.

The Score is the most obnoxious pretentious station filled with condescending "personalities" who think they are so funny. They even have a segment called "who you crappin" where they lambast people in the news who contradict themselves.

Chicago is a major market. WGR is a couple guys who kinda like sports BSing.

You think that's bad, man you should listen to the local Utica sports talk radio...it...is...painfully horrendous! Terrible, thankfully through most of the day at least there's ESPN talk radio, which while not perfect, is a significant upgrade over what goes on from 3 - 5 p.m., just terrible.

I don't see this game to be all in the Bears favor. I really think this will be a very close game, and rest purely on defense. I think our offense will be serviceable, but with the Bears weak o-line, our d-line can control this game.

The Vegas lines are showing the Bills as a 6-6.5 point dog, so it isn't just Chicago. Even with the home field advantage that shows that the public thinks the Bears are about a field goal better than the Bills. That isn't huge and it is certainly defensible. That doesn't mean the Bills can't win. They can. The public just thinks the Bears just have a better chance. That's all. I find it difficult to complain about people expecting an average team to beat the Bills when the Bills have been below average. The only thing that will change that perception is winning.

http://www.vegasinsi...07-14/time/1300

Betting lines are not based on the facts; they are based on fan perceptions. If more people believe the Bears are the better team, then the odds will favor the Bears even though they may not be the better team. What were the odds on the Seahawks smashing Denver in the Super Bowl?

I agree. QUestion marks on both teams at several positions so it will come down to which team filled their holes the best. On paper, save for QB and WR, the Bills appear better in every other department (yea, including RB)

I'd even put our WR's at even with Williams and Watkins and Woods. TE is a defect, Getting pressure on Cutler will be key in this game.

Edited by RyanC883

I'd even put our WR's at even with Williams and Watkins and Woods. TE is a defect, Getting pressure on Cutler will be key in this game.

Agreed!! I think our WR''s are somewhat equals, where our d-line will need a huge game. Pressure will be key!!

This is excellent news. We want everyone to believe that because, despite what players say about taking every opponent seriously, they are human. And if everyone tells you the Bills suck and you should win easy you start believing it. Then on game day they get punched in the mouth.

How did this work out last season? Season before?

Some people think it is bias against Buffalo. But anytime I talk to a football fan from outside of Buffalo, they almost always think that Buffalo is an easy win. It doesn't matter what team you ask. And why shouldn't they think that? This team has had a losing record for so long it is a laughing stock to many people. I don't say that to put down my team. I love the Bills. But its true. I think people look at the Bills the way I used to look at Cincinnati for so many years. They perennially sucked. Now we are that team. God I hope it changes this year.

I did not include WR, because as a group the Bears WRs have produced more than the Bills WRs. So, while the 3-dubyas may be better on paper, they have not had the opportunity to prove it.

Listening to local Chicago sports radio and most are calling the Bills an "easy win" for the Bears in the season opener.

It's that same old media bias against the Bills and it kind of stings a little hearing it first hand especially since the Bears were 8-8 last year.

How I would love for the Bills to prove them wrong in a big way!

It's going to be a fun game to watch. 50/50 on Bills chances of winning.

Game could go either way but if Manuel plays well and get the ball into the end zone instead of field goals we will win.