Tuel demoted to third team

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think that this is probably the last chance for Lewis to make it a contest for the backup spot. The staff wants to give him a chance with the second string to see if he shows them something. If he looks bad tonight then I think the backup QB battle is over, barring injury.

Edited by vincec

Uh oh. This cannot be good. Look for Thad Lewis to get all the second team reps tonight and Tuel to see action with the third stringers and scraps.

Looks like Joe Montana's legacy is safe, at least for now.

So if it's Jeff Tuel, its ok to rag on a Bills QB...but if we were in Italy.........

Exactly. That really brings into question his preparation, intelligence and leadership qualities.

His real crime in not playing on a LOADED team in weak conference....and he should be forever ostracized for that! Flogging is not out of the question.

I would like a list of every moron who said Tuel looked better than EJ.

That would be me Sir...feel free to put my name on top of that list and *hope* that EJ becomes the QB this team needs by Week 1 against Chicago...btw, calling me a moron doesn't invalidate my opinion, it only serves to highlight your own insecurities...as for "looking better than EJ", that's what all reports have said, from Chris Brown, to Mike Rodak to others who have observed camp - such as those on this board and a friend / co-worker of mine who made it out to camp before the first Pre Season game....rail away, yell louder if you like, your opinion does not nullify my own...I've been a gentleman and haven't resorted to pejorative terms, and will take the high-ground to simply say, as of right now we disagree...I do hope EJ is the guy, but by all accounts EJ has looked "shaky" at best...and Tuel has thus far, been a better practice QB, Pre Season game QB, and that's all there is to go on b/c IMHO both those QBs needed to show a great deal of progress and development and so far only Tuel has shown demonstrative improvement...IMO along with those others mentioned above...

Nice way to mislead people with the subject header. Even Joe Buscaglio on WGR (who eats, breathes and sh*ts Bills training camp analysis)...said that Tuel got much more of the 2nd team snaps this week and looked very good...much better than last season. He thinks Tuel will get the 2nd string nod unless Thad really performs lights out on the field over the next 2 weeks.

Edited by zow2

That would be me Sir...feel free to put my name on top of that list and *hope* that EJ becomes the QB this team needs by Week 1 against Chicago...btw, calling me a moron doesn't invalidate my opinion, it only serves to highlight your own insecurities...as for "looking better than EJ", that's what all reports have said, from Chris Brown, to Mike Rodak to others who have observed camp - such as those on this board and a friend / co-worker of mine who made it out to camp before the first Pre Season game....rail away, yell louder if you like, your opinion does not nullify my own...I've been a gentleman and haven't resorted to pejorative terms, and will take the high-ground to simply say, as of right now we disagree...I do hope EJ is the guy, but by all accounts EJ has looked "shaky" at best...and Tuel has thus far, been a better practice QB, Pre Season game QB, and that's all there is to go on b/c IMHO both those QBs needed to show a great deal of progress and development and so far only Tuel has shown demonstrative improvement...IMO along with those others mentioned above...

You do realize regular season games carry more weight than practice right?

Being the better practice QB and preseason game QB (against other teams' 2s and 3s) means nothing.

The Trent Era should have taught all of us that.

Here is the list of undrafted QBs who ended up being decent: Garcia, Romo, Moon, Warner.

That's it. Ever. There's a reason Tuel wasn't drafted. He's simply not that good.

If he looks bad tonight then I think the backup QB battle is over, barring injury.

Based on what exactly?

A so so performance last week and a bang up job vs the Dolts last year in PS game 1?

Thaddues did for us last year exactly what you need a backup to do. He won half of the games he played (almost 2-3) and didn't flub up enough to lose us games. If the D and kicking teams had helped at all, we surely would have beaten Cinci and maybe the Patsies in week 17.

Gosh I hope Coach Marrone does not make ANOTHER bone headed decision and go with Tuel Time at second string in the regular season no matter what happens tonight.

Edited by reddogblitz

You do realize regular season games carry more weight than practice right?

I do, but EJ was inconsistent, as was Tuel, last year and that's why I ended my statement the way I did, which was that both needed to improve greatly and it's been Tuel who's shown the greatest improvement thus far....and so practice and Pre Season is all we've got in order to make that determination