Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one inaccuracy that I saw in the article, was that Jacobs worth was stated in trillions, rather than billions. That was the only inaccuracy that I noticed.

There's inaccuracy and then there's just plain bad writing and then there's just plain bad writing with an agenda that skews the story so badly that the author blams a guy for who he sold a business to and wonders if players of African descent will be unhappy. To put a nice bow on the article he brings up the Washington Football Club's nickname.

That was pap.

There's inaccuracy and then there's just plain bad writing and then there's just plain bad writing with an agenda that skews the story so badly that the author blams a guy for who he sold a business to and wonders if players of African descent will be unhappy. To put a nice bow on the article he brings up the Washington Football Club's nickname.

That was pap.

Equating fracking and vending so he could tie Pegula and Jacobs together was a bit of a reach.

That is the worst written piece of garbage that I've read in some time.

It is a poorly written article in that it is an open attack on Mr. Pegula for doing business with Dutch Shell.

Indeed. Debate the environmental impact of fracking all you want -- that's not what this article did. Hack job.

Well, it does point out the concerns of the process, but I tend to agree with you that the articles intention was not to point that out but to tarnish Mr. Pegula's name.

To both you and Beerball I would ask, "Is it possible that this writer was motivated discreetly by a 3rd party?"

Think about that question for a moment.

The one inaccuracy that I saw in the article, was that Jacobs worth was stated in trillions, rather than billions. That was the only inaccuracy that I noticed.

While the article technically was not inaccurate in it's facts, it was more than blatantly obvious that it attempted to tie Mr. Pegula to events in Nigeria completely unrelated to East Resources operations in Pennsylvania. Last I checked, I didn't see the state government hanging reporters.

The larger issue I have with the article is it's more than apparent attempt to paint Mr. Pegula as an indirect party to government abuses through oil companies actions overseas. That is not accurate reporting. Energy is a huge issue, and operations here in the US, while having some serious concerns over those issues, shouldn't be tied to a company based out of the Netherlands. After all, Shell operates over 25,000 gas stations, they aren't franchised, here in the US.

With that being known, shouldn't the writer have also pointed out that any customer of Shell gas stations here in the US supports a company that was involved in the Nigerian situation? After all, Shell stations are primarily southern US in location, and hence their customer base is vastly diverse, including an overwhelming number of African Americans.

Just sayin................

That was pap.

Well, I won't get into the fracking thing, as we don't want this to end up going to PPP. But I'm guessing there have been issues with the way Pegula made some of his money. Hell I can probably find some issues with the way most billionaires make their money. So. to me, it's an expose without any real bite.

It's too bad what's become of The Reporter. At one time it was a feisty little local paper with integrity. But that went down the drain at some point. I think it is when Battaglia was forced out. In walked some local businessmen with agendas to promote and axes to grind.

Well, I won't get into the fracking thing, as we don't want this to end up going to PPP. But I'm guessing there have been issues with the way Pegula made some of his money. Hell I can probably find some issues with the way most billionaires make their money. So. to me, it's an expose without any real bite.

It's too bad what's become of The Reporter. At one time it was a feisty little local paper with integrity. But that went down the drain at some point. I think it is when Battaglia was forced out. In walked some local businessmen with agendas to promote and axes to grind.

One of our own used to (and perhaps still does) write sports pieces for them. Usually good stuff.

One of our own used to (and perhaps still does) write sports pieces for them. Usually good stuff.

Chevy Van Miller was (is?) a writer for them. At one time, Dave Staba wrote for them. Both seem to be good guys and good reporters.

That is the worst written piece of garbage that I've read in some time.

Indeed. Debate the environmental impact of fracking all you want -- that's not what this article did. Hack job.

Regarding Pegula and fracking, it is accurate. And knowing people in PA affected there really is no debate as far as I am concerned. He and others did poison much of that state to make a profit. There are many many people there whose lives were, and still are, ruined by it. Regardless of all the good he has done and will do for the Buffalo area, where the money came from should not be forgotten.

That being said, the article was clearly a hatchet job. And as Hopeful implied, pretty clearly motivated by a party that has skin in the game of the Buffalo Bills ownership.

Edited by CodeMonkey